Best way from Port Miami to FLL post cruise?

volk904

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

We took an Uber both ways. I think it was about $35 each way.....of course that was a year and a half ago. 🙂

I think I paid closer to $60 for an Uber, but it was several years ago, so I may not be remembering properly.  It all starts blending together after a while!

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think I paid closer to $60 for an Uber, but it was several years ago, so I may not be remembering properly.  It all starts blending together after a while!

You are within normal price range.  We did it in Feb 2020 and it was $50.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, volk904 said:

Looking for best way to get from Port of Miami to FLL  

Best is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! 😎

As suggested above, a shared shuttle or Uber/Lyft are your value options.

6 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Depending on when your cruise is, in mid-November the Brightline higher speed train will be returning to service. It operates from downtown Miami Central Station to Fort Lauderdale Station.

And then a cab/Uber to FLL airport?  Does not sound like an efficient way to get from POM to FLL to me. 🙄

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

And then a cab/Uber to FLL airport?  Does not sound like an efficient way to get from POM to FLL to me. 🙄

They offer free pickup and drop-off service to/from within 3 miles of their stations. Might not be a good option for you but the OP was looking for ideas.

8 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

They offer free pickup and drop-off service to/from within 3 miles of their stations. Might not be a good option for you but the OP was looking for ideas.

Hmmm? So a shuttle from POM to the Brightline station, and then another shuttle from the Fort Lauderdale station to FLL - it's an option, but I suspect a door to door UberX or standard Lyft is cheaper and more convenient.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shofer said:

Our TA booked a transfer from MIA to FLL through the cruise line for $29/pp.  This is RCL. 

So basically the same price as an Uber/Lyft for two or more people, only on a bus with a bunch of other people....waiting for the bus to get filled.... stopping and dropping people off at different terminals at the airport (or getting dropped all at the same terminal and having to move around inside the airport).

For the money, I'd rather Uber, especially if more than a single person.

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

So basically the same price as an Uber/Lyft for two or more people, only on a bus with a bunch of other people....waiting for the bus to get filled.... stopping and dropping people off at different terminals at the airport (or getting dropped all at the same terminal and having to move around inside the airport).

For the money, I'd rather Uber, especially if more than a single person.

Since we don't have smart phones can't call an Uber so will take the transfer as our flight is later anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, JohninDC said:

Hmmm? So a shuttle from POM to the Brightline station, and then another shuttle from the Fort Lauderdale station to FLL - it's an option, but I suspect a door to door UberX or standard Lyft is cheaper and more convenient.

Have you taken an Uber or Lyft lately?  The surcharges on both apps are insane. I travelled with a co-worker on two different occasions.  I took a taxi from the airport and my co-worker took an Uber.  The taxi was less expensive by about $30 for each.  

Getting home is going to be easier than getting from FLL the day before to our hotel in Miami.  I am exploring ride options but our cruise isn't until 1/29/22.  Plan to take a cab from the hotel to the Port on sail day.