NIGHTLY TURNDOWN

Tablelamp

4 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

You do realise the cruises are having to operate with far less crew as well as less passengers?

But have far stricter cleaning and sanitizing protocols to try and keep things as safe as possible at the same time?

Seems an obvious sacrifice to me

The cruise lines are doing their very best just to still be allowed to cruise

And people are complaining about lack of nightly turndown?

Lots more way more important things to worry about when cruising right now IMO

Ps I used to like the chocolates as well

But I think I can just about live without them. And buy my own tbh

ICF, I think we all know that P&O are dear to your heart, and you will defend them to your death, which is very laudable, as well as laughable. 

I am more than happy with cruising on P&O, otherwise I would look to change, but I do regret these small changes in service standards, and whilst I understand they may be due to cost cutting reasons in the current covid crisis, I dont want to be constantly reminded, and I certainly do not accept the either/or situation that you use to validate P&Os actions.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

You do realise the cruises are having to operate with far less crew as well as less pssengers?

But have far stricter cleaning and sanitizing protocols to try and keep things as safe as possible at the same time?

Seems an obvious sacrifice to me

The cruise lines are doing their very best just to still be allowed to cruise

And people are complaining about lack of nightly turndown?

Lots more way more important things to worry about when cruising right now IMO

Ps I used to like the chocolates as well

But I think I can just about live without them. And buy my own tbh

I think people are just chatting? not complaining 

Edited by Dermotsgirl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Well isn't this an interesting thread?

Do you think it will ever replace the dress code thread, lift etiquette thread,  tipping thread, the correct way to hold cutlery thread, cabin stewards folding your nightwear thread, sunbed thread, the mystery of the disappearing face cloth or flannel thread,? and on and on....😉

Which only goes to show, ------ Cruising's back!!!!

Avril

Not to mention the chocolate on the pillow thread. That's one crisis that seems to have been missed.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not to mention the chocolate on the pillow thread. That's one crisis that seems to have been missed.🤣

With you on that Zap - this is the thread that keeps on giving!  

May I add a ‘not calling us Sir and Madam in a grovelling, obsequious manner’ to your list please?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

P.S.  Don't try this while still in port🙈

Avril

Reminds me of the story i read here or somewhere else. The husband goes onto the balcony naked and discovers there is a dirty great cruise ship parked next door. 'Come back in' shouts his wife, 'they will all know I married you for your money'

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Still getting ours on Ventura. So not missing at all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daiB said:

Still getting ours on Ventura. So not missing at all.

We haven't got another cruise booked til next July. Celebrity had better jolly well have a chocolate service by then. I guess they can't put chocolates on pillows due to Covid. It can't be due to the lorry driver crisis. They are only small.

Edited by zap99

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We haven't got another cruise booked til next July. Celebrity had better jolly well have a chocolate service by then. I guess they can't put chocolates on pillows due to Covid. It can't be due to the lorry driver crisis. They are only small.

They had it in September.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I thought Celebrity had already stopped the pillow choccies way back in 2016 when we last cruised with them,?

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

ICF, I think we all know that P&O are dear to your heart, and you will defend them to your death, which is very laudable, as well as laughable. 

I am more than happy with cruising on P&O, otherwise I would look to change, but I do regret these small changes in service standards, and whilst I understand they may be due to cost cutting reasons in the current covid crisis, I dont want to be constantly reminded, and I certainly do not accept the either/or situation that you use to validate P&Os actions.

P and O are honestly not close to my heart at all

We have cruised far more with RC and Carnival tbh

It's just that we had a recent cruise with them (staycation in Britannia) and simply could not fault them for what we got and what we paid etc

And will gladly use them plenty more times in the future

Equally I would defend RC and Carnival in the same way

Lots of people like to find things to complain about. Glass half empty etc

I'm glass half full

There are far more positives to negatives with cruise holidays. We all know that. And right now P and O offer great value IMO

We would all miss them if they were gone

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought Celebrity had already stopped the pillow choccies way back in 2016 when we last cruised with them,?

We had them in September this year but that was in a suite, that’s why I asked Dai if he was in a suite as there are extra perks.

8 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Lots of people like to find things to complain about. Glass half empty etc

I'm glass half full

Someone mentioned on another thread that older cruisers were “fussy” and I pointed out that some would say discerning.

The same thing applies with the word “complaint”. What you call a complaint some might call legitimate customer comment in an effort to maintain standards.

My glass is half full but I like it filled with something of a decent quality.

I agree P&O is very good value but I for one would not mind paying more to keep some of the cruising niceties.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

How do we all cope in most 5 star hotels using the same towels in the morning as we did the night before?

We began cruising in 2010, when my husband could no longer fly, and I can say with all honesty that we had an evening turn down service and towel change in every hotel we'd stayed in over the past 25+ years.  Maybe things have now changed, but with P&O also doing a turn down service when we began cruising, we will miss them if they stop. It's something we've been used to whilst on holiday.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Zap, shush🤫, don't give anyone ideas.

Avril

Too late I see😏

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We were on Sky Princess last week and the turn down service was still in place and food room service was free. It's interesting how sister Carnival brands approach services differently.

Princess is one of the American brands in the Carnival group and Americans expect higher service levels regardless of where in the world the cruise sails from Princess maintain American service standards.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

plus they may use Covid as an excuse but will never return so basically using Covid as excuse to save money and lower standards even further and the question is where will it end.

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We began cruising in 2010, when my husband could no longer fly, and I can say with all honesty that we had an evening turn down service and towel change in every hotel we'd stayed in over the past 25+ years.  Maybe things have now changed, but with P&O also doing a turn down service when we began cruising, we will miss them if they stop. It's something we've been used to whilst on holiday.

Avril

You must choose your hotels very carefully Avril?

It's rare nowadays 

(Edit unless you are saying you've not stayed in a hotel since 2010?)

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Someone mentioned on another thread that older cruisers were “fussy” and I pointed out that some would say discerning.

The same thing applies with the word “complaint”. What you call a complaint some might call legitimate customer comment in an effort to maintain standards.

My glass is half full but I like it filled with something of a decent quality.

I agree P&O is very good value but I for one would not mind paying more to keep some of the cruising niceties.

Can't argue with that

43 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

plus they may use Covid as an excuse but will never return so basically using Covid as excuse to save money and lower standards even further and the question is where will it end.

I can't remember chocolates on pillows being banned during lockdown. I'm sure it is a Covid issue and nowt to do with lorry drivers.🤣

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I can't remember chocolates on pillows being banned during lockdown. I'm sure it is a Covid issue and nowt to do with lorry drivers.🤣

But whenever rules are completely relaxed and when ???? the pandemic is over will P&O return to normal service I very much doubt it.

• Like 1