TESTING WHILST ONBOARD

Tablelamp

My guess is that you will be quarantined on the ship , and then removed from the ship at the next port of call ? We are on the transatlantic that goes tomorrow ,and   My wife and I have had a million and one thoughts on how the normal will look, I always thought holidays were for relaxing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triggertravel said:

My guess is that you will be quarantined on the ship , and then removed from the ship at the next port of call ? We are on the transatlantic that goes tomorrow ,and   My wife and I have had a million and one thoughts on how the normal will look, I always thought holidays were for relaxing 

We're on that too but frankly at £945pp for 15 nights in a balcony cabin with return flights included we only have a single thought - which way is Brodie's?

We're relaxed as newts just thinking about it.

Why worry about stuff that might happen but probably won't ?

Edited by Baggy178
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Triggertravel said:

Once on board just enjoy everything whilst avoiding becoming a close contact of anyone else if  I were you. 

That way you won't need to be tested if others on board become positive

If your cruise has ports of call consider not disembarking at any that require covid tests

Limit your need to take any tests 

And thus avoid any need for quarantine etc

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

Just got back from Harmony of the Seas and RCL tested us all on board 3 times  - all for free.  P&O are having a laugh at charging £18 for an LFT - as mentioned before take some of the NHS one with you.  Unfortunately, for  the islands that require a 'proper' LFT, you will have to pay P&O to do it to get the correct certificates

20 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

Just got back from Harmony of the Seas and RCL tested us all on board 3 times  - all for free.  P&O are having a laugh at charging £18 for an LFT - as mentioned before take some of the NHS one with you.  Unfortunately, for  the islands that require a 'proper' LFT, you will have to pay P&O to do it to get the correct certificates

Why did they test you all 3 times?

2 hours ago, Castle25 said:

one to get on, one to go on a trip to Italy and one to get off

That's the second RC cruise in the last week where I've heard they tested everyone at the end of the cruise

Meaning anyone who tested positive (and their close contacts) will now be in quarantine in Barcelona ? Think thats where you will have disembarked ?

I wonder if it's RC policy to do this or  in this case Spanish authorities? The other RC cruise where it happened was Cyprus. Where 11 passengers tested positive and are now in quarantine 

Are RC warning passengers  that you need to test to go home as well as test to get on the boat? 

32 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

That's the second RC cruise in the last week where I've heard they tested everyone at the end of the cruise

Meaning anyone who tested positive (and their close contacts) will now be in quarantine in Barcelona ? Think thats where you will have disembarked ?

I wonder if it's RC policy to do this or  in this case Spanish authorities? The other RC cruise where it happened was Cyprus. Where 11 passengers tested positive and are now in quarantine 

Are RC warning passengers  that you need to test to go home as well as test to get on the boat? 

Spain require it - at least 2 people were positive.   Also a family got thrown off the cruise at Rome after no staying in excursion bubble

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On board Britannia now.

LFT test before boarding and a PCR test a couple of days later which I presume were sent to a lab on arrival in  Madeira so anyone positive could be taken off before crossing the Atlantic.

Both free.

Antigua has just lifted arrival restrictions so there and St Lucia are available for independent excursions.

• Like 1