Stress has won out..

Lalory777

1 hour ago, BohJang said:

Hi Neighbor - I ordered the Binax at home tests and I'm planning to make an appointment for the rapid test at either CVS or Walgreens in Bryan.  I follow many threads on Cruise Critic and that seems to be what lots of people are doing.  Back ups in case things go wrong. Good to know about the Walgreens on Fitch.  I hope everything works out for the kiddos.

Would love to meet up with you on the Vista. It's cool to find fellow cruisers close to home.

Great post. I know my post came off as insensitive before, but I don't really care. Being a year and a half into this mess, I've learned to not let it control my life. Knowing your options and backups are a way to get back to enjoying "normal" life. Much more productive than everyone nodding their head in support of throwing their hands up from "stress".

Within the last two weeks, I had to take a test to go to Aruba, and had to take a test to get back to the US. Obviously, I did not want to do any of this. I especially had no plan for taking a test in Aruba. In the end, we paid a total of $70 for tests and we walked right in. We even found that there were more options available than we initially thought. I can tell you the trip was worth it all. To seek confirmation for people on the internet because I chose to pass up something I really wanted to do, for a scenario I created in my head, would have done me no favors.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, ontheweb said:

Are you really saying that getting vaccinated or not and wearing masks and social distancing or not doing so has no effect on whether the pandemic will end at some point?

I'm sure the vaccine helps but the rest of it doesn't.  I have two friends with pacemakers, got them in their 50's well before covid.  Their doctor suspected the congestive heart failure, that required the pacemaker, was due to a virus.

Viruses have always been nasty.  Covid19 is no different other than there wasn't nearly as much natural immunity.  You have no chance to avoid it long term, just like you had no chance to avoid a cold or the flu.  H1N1 is still around and I have no doubt Covid19 will be around much longer than my lifetime.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, ontheweb said:

Are you really saying that getting vaccinated or not and wearing masks and social distancing or not doing so has no effect on whether the pandemic will end at some point?

What I am saying is that Covid will end when it can no longer survive.  Everything is a variable, who we are, our genetic make up, how we live vaccines and masks and mandates.  None of those variables will be the savior…..none.  When it cannot survive anymore (if that happens in our lifetime), it will be over.  What will end is it being a pandemic when it runs out of variants.  Look at history as a tool for looking at the future.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, Lalory777 said:

After having major stress over finding a place to be tested for Covid we have decided to cancel our booking and spend our vacation at another destination. I’m sure some of you will see this as a stupid move but the anxiety and stress was very real. After seeing the CVS’s and Walgreens in my area constantly canceling appts and closing their test sites down with absolutely no notice at all I didn’t want to deal with it anymore. When Carnival decides to drop the testing requirement we will book again. Until then we will enjoy our vacation stress free elsewhere 🙂 

1000% your call. Nobody should think thats a stupid move and if they do, who cares their opinion does not matter. Everyone sailing right now has some level of stress and anxiety. Its nobodies right to judge how someone handles that. We went on a cruise last month and i was so stressed out that i feel like it actually effected how i enjoyed the trip.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 5:39 PM, Lalory777 said:

I’m so glad it worked out for you! Unfortunately the ones by me are very unreliable. The one on my corner has closed 4 times in the past 10 days 🙄

they allow the at home proctored test as well, which gives you more control. Fortunately I have had no issue with Walgreens, for 3 tests since end of Sept.

I second those saying to get the BinaxNow test (the one you can only get online that requires proctoring through your PC or smartphone. When testing day arrives, you can do it ANY time of the day you want, no appointment needed. Just make sure the test doesn't get opened early, and when doing it don't knock it over the edge of the table. If you do that's basically $25-$35 down the drain. (I saw the latter happen to a cruising youtuber). 

Edited by CoasterGuy
day details.