Masks on NCL?

twonpcb

My husband and I are seasoned Royal Caribbean/Celebrity cruisers.  I have, however, been looking elsewhere as it seems they do not require all of their passengers to be fully vaccinated and consequently all passengers are required to wear masks indoors.  I do not want to take a cruise where I am required to wear a mask the entire time I am indoors because that would not be a happy place for me.  Don’t get me wrong, I totally support the wearing of masks in the general public because we don’t know who is and is not vaccinated.  I have searched for a line that requires all passengers and crew to be 100% vaccinated before they board the ship and it appears NCL tics all of those boxes.  My question for those of you who have cruised recently on NCL is that  what was the mask policy on your ship?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, twonpcb said:

My husband and I are seasoned Royal Caribbean/Celebrity cruisers.  I have, however, been looking elsewhere as it seems they do not require all of their passengers to be fully vaccinated and consequently all passengers are required to wear masks indoors.  I do not want to take a cruise where I am required to wear a mask the entire time I am indoors because that would not be a happy place for me.  Don’t get me wrong, I totally support the wearing of masks in the general public because we don’t know who is and is not vaccinated.  I have searched for a line that requires all passengers and crew to be 100% vaccinated before they board the ship and it appears NCL tics all of those boxes.  My question for those of you who have cruised recently on NCL is that  what was the mask policy on your ship?

Where permitted, until the end of the year, you can cruise mask free. Many European cruises require masks due to local laws. 

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

• Like 1

Sunday I waited 2.5 hours to get tested to get on a mask free breakaway.  It really really was not fun. But now that I'm on board I have the privilege of complaining about being mask free. 2 weeks ago I waited 20 minutes to get on masks required oasis ship. Then I had the privilege of wearing  a mask. Ncl feels so much more normal BUT getting on a 6000 passenger ship with 50% off was worth the mask. So it is pros and cons and u need to make a spreadsheet. 

11 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

No masks, they tell you once aboard you can remove them.

But I did see people wearing them.

I'm glad to see that there are people okay with others wearing masks. Outdoors, no problem, but I think indoors in a crowded area I'm going to have a problem giving up masks - for now. Being vaccinated is a big step forward but it doesn't make us impervious to COVID.

Edited by Snowrose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowrose said:

I'm glad to see that there are people okay with others wearing masks. Outdoors, no problem, but I think indoors in a crowded area I'm going to have a problem giving up masks - for now. Being vaccinated is a big step forward but it doesn't make us impervious to COVID.

Anybody who has been in the Cavern Club knows that it is likely the most packed place on the ship.  My cruise was no different and I didn't see anybody wearing a mask.  It was standing room only and we got there late, so probably no huge risk.  I personally think it's a safe assumption that we're all going to be (or have been) exposed to Covid multiple times.  Some are naturally immune, some vaccinated have immune systems that prevent infection, some have caught it but never knew and some have gotten very sick from it.  I really applaud NCL for their position on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Anybody who has been in the Cavern Club knows that it is likely the most packed place on the ship.  My cruise was no different and I didn't see anybody wearing a mask.  It was standing room only and we got there late, so probably no huge risk.  I personally think it's a safe assumption that we're all going to be (or have been) exposed to Covid multiple times.  Some are naturally immune, some vaccinated have immune systems that prevent infection, some have caught it but never knew and some have gotten very sick from it.  I really applaud NCL for their position on this.

As long as NCL is requiring vaccination, I don't see a need for masks onboard. I am very glad NCL took a 100% vaccination stance early on. In "mixed vaccination" settings, I still heartily endorse mask wearing indoors. And, of course, if people want to continue to wear masks in whatever setting, they should feel comfortable to do so without shame.

• Like 2