Swift Delivery on Demand

coastcat

Something new! Or at least I haven’t seen anyone mention it. There’s a card with QR code in my cabin for a service called Swift Delivery on Demand. 

5707160C-299B-42CF-B497-49E2096E0A53.thumb.jpeg.f227da791cc852828ab2ef949a9b10b5.jpeg

You can now order from a selection of drinks and snacks, to be delivered to your door. 

https://app.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Fleet_SWIFT_Room_Service_Mobile-Menu.pdf

The cocktails are canned and nothing is covered by the beverage packages, but if you want a drink and can’t find your pants… 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, coastcat said:

Something new! Or at least I haven’t seen anyone mention it. There’s a card with QR code in my cabin for a service called Swift Delivery on Demand. 

You can now order from a selection of drinks and snacks, to be delivered to your door. 

https://app.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Fleet_SWIFT_Room_Service_Mobile-Menu.pdf

The cocktails are canned and nothing is covered by the beverage packages, but if you want a drink and can’t find your pants… 

OMG! I have never heard of this and I love your final sentence! Perfect!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coastcat said:

What will they think of next!!!!!!  Have a great day, Happytotravek

9 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

What will they think of next!!!!!!  Have a great day, Happytotravek

It’s a real downgrade when compared to Ocean Medallion on Princess. I had cocktails, mocktails, lattes, and diet Cokes delivered to my cabin (um, not all at the same time) with no delivery charge, all covered by the standard beverage package.

Princess was not really my cup of tea, but at least they would deliver that tea along with cookies and a bowl of potato chips. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

If you can't find your pants, perhaps additional alcohol isn't an optimal life decision.

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

Anything to get some more money!!!

Translation, meaning (to me ... ) to transfer more funds from "your" wallet into NCLH / shareholder's balance sheets (their purse.)  

Imagine if they can deploy AI and put remote robotics to work to complete that delivery scheme, for a nominal 20% service charge, for your convenience.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coastcat said:

What will they think of next? Too bad it is not covered by the package. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

Actually, this also means more room in your stateroom refrigerator.  I didn't have to ask to have it cleaned out as there was enough extra space.

Just got off the Getaway.  Nothing in the fridge.  If you want a pepsi for example you use the delivery service ( not the same as room service).  At least that's what I was told- didn't actually use it.

10 hours ago, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

Actually, this also means more room in your stateroom refrigerator.  I didn't have to ask to have it cleaned out as there was enough extra space.

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Just got off the Getaway.  Nothing in the fridge.  If you want a pepsi for example you use the delivery service ( not the same as room service).  At least that's what I was told- didn't actually use it.

1 hour ago, janroatan said:

So anyone on Epic, is the cabin refrigerator empty when you get to your cabin?We usually ask steward to empty, one less chore for them if it,s already empty.

Lets not forget that the refrigerator is put into the room specifically to hold the mini bar items. They aren't spending the money to purchase, install, operate, and maintain 1000's of small refrigerators on every ship so that we have a cold place to store stuff.

If they can "swiftly" supply the guest with mini bar items, then there is no need for the refrigerator. Won't be long until they are gone...completely...forever.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:52 PM, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

No booze in my fridge this week . Guess that changed too

22 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Lets not forget that the refrigerator is put into the room specifically to hold the mini bar items. They aren't spending the money to purchase, install, operate, and maintain 1000's of small refrigerators on every ship so that we have a cold place to store stuff.

If they can "swiftly" supply the guest with mini bar items, then there is no need for the refrigerator. Won't be long until they are gone...completely...forever.

I guess that depends on how much income they used to get - pretty sure the empty fridge is a covid thing, so if we ever get back to a place where we can touch stuff again, they might get stocked again.  I don't drink the booze but I do drink a Pepsi or two - and it's a lot less effort to grab something out of the fridge.  I didn't try the service, I did pick up a couple of sodas early on but once they were gone, I didn't get any more.

22 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Years ago carnival did away with the whole mini bar setup and left the fridges empty. i wish other cruise lines do the same thing now

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

My fridge was jam-packed when I arrived (Club Balcony): one paper water bottle, two bottles of San Pellegrino, and a bottle of the $5 swill… er, sparkling wine. Only the latter was free. There was a second bottle of the wine on the desk. 

12 hours ago, coastcat said:

My fridge was jam-packed when I arrived (Club Balcony): one paper water bottle, two bottles of San Pellegrino, and a bottle of the $5 swill… er, sparkling wine. Only the latter was free. There was a second bottle of the wine on the desk. 

Same here, but at least the door shelves were free. In the past those were full of cans and small bottles.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:47 AM, julig22 said:

Short term, I love this idea.  I'll use my fridge to store water bottles etc.  Long term, as stated by others, the refrigerators are probably going to be removed at some point, which will suck.