Bungalow on Princess Cays Not on Planner Anymore

DMac1983

I reserved a Bungalow on Princess Cays on 9/18/21 for my 11/21/21 cruise out of Baltimore. I have the receipt email and I have previously seen it in my Cruise Planner. I log in today and my reservation is gone. Coincidentally, Bungalows are now sold out and priced $20 more than what I had paid. I also never got a refund on my credit card. Currently on hold with Carnival (going on 45 minutes) so I'll follow up when I speak with someone. Annoyed at the moment. It was going to be a surprise for the wife and kids so I can't even complain to my wife!

I know I'll get the refund eventually, but I feel like there were some shenanigan's with bungalow reservations and they cancelled mine on me. No notice. No anything. 

this happened to us last week for our January cruise with an ocean cabana in Amber Cove.  Got a form letter where the blanks were just left blank, so no real details about why it was being refunded.  Looked on shore excursions and it is no longer in my planner and is listed as sold out.  After I purchased it in early August, it was later listed as sold out so I thought I got the last one.  Now I wonder if they oversold...

UPDATE: I ruined my own surprise.

Tried calling Carnival a few times but long wait times caused me to give up. Eventually, last night, I told my wife “I had this surprise planned for the family but Carnival cancelled it. It’s not on the planner any more. AND I haven’t gotten a refund. Argh!”

I called this morning right at 0900 and got a very nice operator that informed me that I selected “Gift” when I made the purchase so it doesn’t show up on the cruise planner but it is still reserved.

Ya know, like if you were planning a surprise for your wife and purchased a bungalow, but she also had access to the cruise planner. You would want her to be able she wouldn’t to see your purchase, so your awesome surprise moment would still be intact when you board.

I am an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, DMac1983 said:

I am an idiot.

You may, or may not be an idiot - but you still get the same number of familial "points"
 for getting the Bungalow for them.

Been there - Done that