Central Park/Boardwalk balconies

Reenie75

I am looking to book on Wonders of the Seas for April 15th - 5 days.

RC has Central Parkway & Boardwalk balconies what's the pros and cons (during the day & night life) of these rooms? 

Never sailed with RC - always book balcony rooms with other Cruise lines. 

We just got off Oasis and had our first Central Park Balcony. We have also stayed in Boardwalk balcony rooms on both Allure and Oasis. I agree with others that the CP balconies are nice in the evening as the live music (usually guitar or strings) was very pleasant however I found the CP balcony a little dull during the day as there is was not much to see after the first view. The Boardwalk balcony however always had a changing view with lots going on. If you get a cabin toward the aft you get an obstructed view of the Aqua theater as well as a glimpse of the ocean. As for noise we did not notice it when the door was closed and things usually quiet down around 11 pm. I wouldn't stay away from a CP if the price is good however all things being equal I would opt for a Boardwalk balcony in the future. Either way I'm sure you will enjoy whatever cabin type you decide on.

Enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony on Allure years ago. We were on deck 8 which was nice since you are on the same level as Central Park and can easily drop a level or two down to the Boardwalk to grab a dog. We were the second to last cabin so could see the rock wall across, the stage to the rear, and the ocean. Noise wasn't an issue with the door closed. Yes you need to shut your curtains if getting dressed, or don't! It's vacation!

My only gripe is being that far back of the ship, it is a LONG walk whenever arriving or departing your cabin. Make sure you have all your belongings that you could possibly want for your daily/nightly outings.

Edited by ToroAzul

I've had both and unless you get a cabin at the very end of the ship, the ocean views from Boardwalk balconies are limited. As others have mentioned, the music in the evening in CP is very nice.  I enjoyed them both.

We always enjoy having an ov balcony but decided to try a boardwalk balcony on allure.  Cabin 10325 had a great view of aqua theater and some ocean.

I enjoyed it but my husband hated it.  He didnt like the no privacy on balcony,  He was constantly closing curtains for privacy in cabin.  Dont think we will do again.  

The pricing of the neighborhood balconies are really good. It brings in natural light into the cabin, and fresh air. The downside is you feel like you are in a city apartment and not on a cruise ship. (Especially the CP balconies)

As stated, the Boardwalk balconies, you can get some ocean views and a view of the Aqua theater for the shows, but you will need to book a room near the aft of the ship to take full advantage of that, and they tend to go quickly. (Don't go too high up, otherwise the crossover walkway is really close to you). You still have privacy issues though. But you do get some nice views, and "reason" to be there.

If you can spend the money for a OV Balcony, I would usually recommend to opt for that. On my trip on the Allure OTS, a GTY Oceanview Balcony was only 189.00 more than the GTY Neighborhood Balcony, and only 40.00 more than a choose your room Boardwalk Balcony. I opted for the OV GTY Balcony, mainly because there are really no obstructed view balconies on the oasis class ships. The only hope I have is not to be on the 14th floor, but it was a risk I was glad to take and save the 350.00 that I would have had to spend to choose my own room.

Hot itinerary the CP Balconies can be warm and stuffy like sitting in a Green House.  Take either an aft Boardwalk Balcony or a regular Balcony Cabin on the side of the ship.

When Royal put those CP Balcony Cabins on their ships it was thought to be a good concept.

They have learned since not so great, you can tell now by the way they are priced ALOT of people don't like them and they have a hard time selling them, prices are closer and closer to inside/outside cabin prices.

Edited by Jimbo

I stayed in CP once and BW. Never again. I love oasis class ships and there really is not a lot of  views looking out on ocean. I did not like feeling like I was in an apartment closing the curtains continuously. I only pick OV balconies from now on. I love watching the ship pull into ports and having my PJs on without an issue. Some say they never use their balcony, I feel like even if I am only on my balcony pulling into ports it’s awesome having a view of the ocean all the time. If I had to stay in a neighborhood balcony though it would be boardwalk just because CP does get hot. 

Edited by renza

We have always done OV balconies and tried a Central Park balcony once. We did not enjoy it.  We will stick with OV in the future as it is worth the extra couple hundred $$ for us. 

Things we didn’t like about CP balcony.

1.  We like to go back to the cabin some days and take a mid day quick nap. The music from the pool deck was very loud during this time.  

2.  The balcony was hot and stuffy to sit on… no breeze. 

3.  Had to worry about the drapes when changing. 

4.  Really missed the views and sitting on the balcony. I enjoy getting coffee and watching the ocean or entering a port in he morning from the privacy of the balcony.  Not the same on the CP balcony. 

On a positive note… if you spend little time in your cabin but just want the extra space of a balcony to sit on occasionally, then the cost savings may be a good deal for you. The rest of the cruise is just as great of course. 

Note:  we cruise a lot on the large Oasis class and Quantum class ships and look for the great deals on Ocean View balconies.  Our upcoming 7-day cruises in Ocean View balconies are between $1382 - $1875 for the 2 of us.  Keep an eye out for deals and then check weekly for price drops. 

4 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Note:  we cruise a lot on the large Oasis class and Quantum class ships and look for the great deals on Ocean View balconies.  Our upcoming 7-day cruises in Ocean View balconies are between $1382 - $1875 for the 2 of us.  Keep an eye out for deals and then check weekly for price drops. 

We cruise many cruise lines. We have Central Park balconies for 4 Oasis cruises in 2022. The cruises for both of us are $1160, $1341, $1850 & $1660. So we will take the CP any time. Those are very reasonable for any type balconies.