Seashore March 5th - itinerary/room changes

Reenie75

Today I signed in to review our booking. It appears we've lost St Thomas😔- gained Nassau 😠. No comparison in my books- no OBC for change.

Lost my balcony to guarantee balcony.😡. We are sailing with new comers (family) we booked early June 2020 & selected specific rooms to be close by. Now in my experience with guarantee I always end up with a crappy room (location/view). I know the restrictions of capacity due to covid but they are changing everything that I wouldn't want. Kinda hard to change now we've booked 7 family members flights and pricing has gone up even if we decided to change cruises. Lastly, pricing given was incorrect. After 75 mins with customer service she couldn't answer anything or change anything. Supervisor not available. Not a great way to start off on. 😕 Anyone with suggestions or same situation?

4 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Today I signed in to review our booking. It appears we've lost St Thomas😔- gained Nassau 😠. No comparison in my books- no OBC for change.

Lost my balcony to guarantee balcony.😡. We are sailing with new comers (family) we booked early June 2020 & selected specific rooms to be close by. Now in my experience with guarantee I always end up with a crappy room (location/view). I know the restrictions of capacity due to covid but they are changing everything that I wouldn't want. Kinda hard to change now we've booked 7 family members flights and pricing has gone up even if we decided to change cruises. Lastly, pricing given was incorrect. After 75 mins with customer service she couldn't answer anything or change anything. Supervisor not available. Not a great way to start off on. 😕 Anyone with suggestions or same situation?

We are on the same cruise as you and if you look at our Roll Call I mentioned several days that the whole ship is now Guarantee and our itinerary has changed.  There is a thread here on the main thread about it. I called MSC last Friday and was told it is due to Covid and cabins are being rearranged. I booked a specific cabin and was told that I would be placed in a cabin like it and if not then to call and they would take care of it.

37 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I’m surprised the March sailing changes are being blamed on Covid restrictions when the cdc order ends on 1/15/2022

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-cruiseships.html

2135B607-9FE5-454F-8EFA-8166CA46FE45.png

Oh, I am not saying they are being truthful but it is the excuse they are giving out.  Confuses me why March 5th and all cruises up that the 12th of March are Guarantee now.  When you look at the March 12th and the week after, they are not Guarantee, you can pick a cabin. But then, in April the cabins become Guarantee again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Oh, I am not saying they are being truthful but it is the excuse they are giving out.  Confuses me why March 5th and all cruises up that the 12th of March are Guarantee now.  When you look at the March 12th and the week after, they are not Guarantee, you can pick a cabin. But then, in April the cabins become Guarantee again. 

Something is wrong.  I'm on the week before, and my HC YC cabin is still assigned, but they changed this one to Guarantee.  I suspect there is another problem below the surface.

• Like 3

I have a feeling it’s a temporary thing while they’re configuring their system. 

With MSC it can change daily, hourly or even by the minute. 

Unless they know something we don’t about the cdc order. 

13 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We are on the same cruise as you and if you look at our Roll Call I mentioned several days that the whole ship is now Guarantee and our itinerary has changed.  There is a thread here on the main thread about it. I called MSC last Friday and was told it is due to Covid and cabins are being rearranged. I booked a specific cabin and was told that I would be placed in a cabin like it and if not then to call and they would take care of it.

Curiosity what are they charging you for port charges? 

Edited by Reenie75

As you are seeing just starting to come out on the boards, the cabin changes are being caused by the new cabin categories/itineraries. Apparently, their computer system does not allow an existing voyage to be modified when cabins are assigned. Therefore, folks are being moved to guarantees, new voyages will be built in their system with correct categories/itineraries, and everyone will be moved over, theoretically getting their old cabins back. With MSC's very bad computer system, I'll believe it when I see it. At least this is the explanation I was given by management today. As yes, St Thomas is being dropped and replaced with Nassau on the Eastern Voyages.

Bret

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

As you are seeing just starting to come out on the boards, the cabin changes are being caused by the new cabin categories/itineraries. Apparently, their computer system does not allow an existing voyage to be modified when cabins are assigned. Therefore, folks are being moved to guarantees, new voyages will be built in their system with correct categories/itineraries, and everyone will be moved over, theoretically getting their old cabins back. With MSC's very bad computer system, I'll believe it when I see it. At least this is the explanation I was given by management today. As yes, St Thomas is being dropped and replaced with Nassau on the Eastern Voyages.

Bret

Maybe...but that's the *third* explanation given. If they had said that from the beginning, it would have eased a lot of people's minds.

I've already canceled my cruise with them and booked RCCL...I'm sure others have canceled too. They could have avoided all of this by *communication*

Also, there are people sailing *Sunday* without cabins. ***** type of nonsense is that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

Thanks for the info. I am sad to hear about St. Thomas. I mean, it’s also not the most exciting port, but MSCs Florida itineraries need a little variety. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Curiosity what are they charging you for port charges? 

I haven't seen but I assume the same.  Usually when there is a change in itinerary we have always gotten a refund in the form of an OBC on the ship. The amount in taxes normally never amounts to more than a few dollars

Edited by ready2cruzagain