Is Russia going to accept ships for 2022 Summer

sjhanksaz

Indeed, Russia is having a difficult time.  I am communicating with an agent at TJ travel.  I asked her these questions.  FWIW, she states the ports are preparing for the ships to return next summer.   She acknowledged the uncertainty, however.  She also reported the picture would be clearer “the beginning of next year”.  Hopefully, cruise lines will continue to adjust final payment dates. 

There is a similar thread on this topic, I am wondering if the moderators should combine them?  

On 11/9/2021 at 11:16 AM, Nitemare said:

Russia isn't doing well Covid-wise.  Even if they open up the ports, I'm not sure it would be wise to visit, even if vaxxed.

Yes, I'd also noticed that Russia is going through a bad time - currently having their highest infection and mortality rates, and both still climbing. 🙁

Next summer's still a long way off, but sadly prospects don't look good.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/russia/

JB 🙁

11 hours ago, John Bull said:

Yes, I'd also noticed that Russia is going through a bad time - currently having their highest infection and mortality rates, and both still climbing. 🙁

Next summer's still a long way off, but sadly prospects don't look good.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/russia/

JB 🙁

I also question whether their reported numbers are accurate

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, wblotner66 said:

pre-omicron I would of said yes. Now I'm thinking no - I'm booked on a Baltic Trip in July. Thinking of cancelling and booking something else

We are due to go late May, but will personally be happier to have SPB replaced with other ports as we have stayed there on land as well as one ocean cruise, so nothing particular to do, yet will still have to book expensive trips.  I accept others will feel very differently though, especially if flying from more distant places, c.f. our easy 16 night cruise from the UK with a lot of other ports, 

Situation in Ukraine will presumably not help the tourism in SPB either. 

I will post on here if our cruise is changed and will be pleased if others will do likewise.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

It seems like things are getting a little more optimistic out there with Covid which is good.  

I am with you and am hoping this thing with Ukraine will hopefully settle down.

I did read somewhere else that Russia is currently accepting tourists which is good news I believe because they are having some of their highest cases too.

Edited by sjhanksaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sjhanksaz said:

I did read somewhere else that Russia is currently accepting tourists which is good news I believe because they are having some of their highest cases too.

The question is not whether Russia will allow cruise ships but whether it is possible to return to, for example, Copenhagen without having to be quarantined on entry from Russia - right now there are quarantine requirements which can make Baltic cruises difficult.

Hopefully it will change before the cruise season start .

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@hallasm once again, thank you for the information.  Wow, that is significant.  Does this apply to other countries such as Sweden, Finland? 

Either way, without Copenhagen entry, it does appear Baltic cruises would be difficult.  

Edited by milolii

8 hours ago, milolii said:

Does this apply to other countries such as Sweden, Finland? 

The problem is that all countries has different restrictions and entry rules - and the rules are frequently changed. 
Denmark has just lifted all Covid related restrictions within Denmark but still maintain restrictions for entry into Denmark - but hopefully restrictions will updated soon.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 4:49 AM, hallasm said:

The question is not whether Russia will allow cruise ships but whether it is possible to return to, for example, Copenhagen without having to be quarantined on entry from Russia - right now there are quarantine requirements which can make Baltic cruises difficult.

Hopefully it will change before the cruise season start .

Where did you find that info?

I went to Russia's web site and found this.

What documents are needed for entry to Russia?

1. Negative COVID-19 PCR test — provide it at the customs. You must make it no earlier than 72 hours before departure.
    You do not need to stay in quarantine if you have a negative test result

https://tourism.gov.ru/en/contents/turistam/who-can-travel-to-russia-in-2021

I think you may be talking about going from Russia to Denmark right?  

Denmark's site says this about entering Denmark from a Covid High-Risk Country or region

The requirement to be tested and self-isolate after entry is waived if you

• have previously been infected with COVID-19, or
  • have a permanent residence in a COVID-19 risk country and are fully vaccinated.

Things may change but that is pretty good news for now.  

18 minutes ago, sjhanksaz said:

I think you may be talking about going from Russia to Denmark right?

Hallasm, who is from Denmark, did say in the first post that returning from Russia to, for instance Copenhagen, may be the problem.

A lot can change before summer, so we will just have to see how things are by then.

Edited by tring

9 hours ago, sjhanksaz said:

Where did you find that info?

I went to Russia's web site and found this.

The problem is not entry into Russisa - the problem is when the cruise ship is returning to one of the countries along the Baltic Sea - eight countries with different restrictions and entry requirements - entry restrictions are changing on a weekly basis. 

9 hours ago, hallasm said:

The problem is not entry into Russisa - the problem is when the cruise ship is returning to one of the countries along the Baltic Sea - eight countries with different restrictions and entry requirements - entry restrictions are changing on a weekly basis. 

Thank you @hallasm for keeping us informed with these moving targets. I had not even considered the other requirements of each country upon docking in a port, and returning to Copenhagen after visiting the other ports. Currently, round trip itineraries from and to St. Petersburg are "currently not available" on the Princess website. Our final payment is at the end of February and it looks doubtful.

7 hours ago, nini said:

Thank you @hallasm for keeping us informed with these moving targets. I had not even considered the other requirements of each country upon docking in a port, and returning to Copenhagen after visiting the other ports. Currently, round trip itineraries from and to St. Petersburg are "currently not available" on the Princess website. Our final payment is at the end of February and it looks doubtful.

@niniI am confused. Does/ Did Princess offer cruises that start and end in St.Petersburg?  I thought most of their Baltic crises start and end in Copenhagen or the UK.   Did  I mis read this?  I still see cruises available.  

43 minutes ago, milolii said:

@niniI am confused. Does/ Did Princess offer cruises that start and end in St.Petersburg?  I thought most of their Baltic crises start and end in Copenhagen or the UK.   Did  I mis read this?  I still see cruises available.  

There is a round trip from St. Petersburg and back in June. It says "currently not available". So, yo can not book it right now.