Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

I am trying to clarify if Celebrity is accepting Rapid Diagnostic test ( ID NOW) - results within 24 hrs and/ or Rapid antigen test ( BinaxNow) - results in about 1 hr. Both tests are offered by Walgreens. Celebrity website only said - Antigen test.

Please help. Thank you all. 

1 hour ago, ISABELLA said:

I am trying to clarify if Celebrity is accepting Rapid Diagnostic test ( ID NOW) - results within 24 hrs and/ or Rapid antigen test ( BinaxNow) - results in about 1 hr. Both tests are offered by Walgreens. Celebrity website only said - Antigen test.

Please help. Thank you all. 

Yes. The Abbott ID Now 🔴 from Walgreens is a NAAT test and 100% accepted 

• Like 1

Hi can anyone help, this is our problem, we fly to the USA on Feb 18 and will need to do a test (at the moment) to fly to America. So 2 days before is Feb 16. We will then need to do a test on 19 Feb so that we can board. Do I order a kit to take the test in Florida from the UK a d take it with us or do I do the test on Fort Lauderdale when we arrive.

I know things may change good knows if everything will be in lock down again.

thanks

steve

18 hours ago, RichYak said:

They won't ship the test kit to the UK. You would need a US address.

I thought that but if I order extra tests in the uk before we travel 

will they be accepted or should I have one sent to my hotel in Florida pre cruise also what is the situation for our stay after the cruise 

it is so difficult makes you want to just stay home but that is not going to happen we are going on holiday 👍👍

thanks

Edited by swigso

1 hour ago, swigso said:

will they be accepted or should I have one sent to my hotel in Florida pre cruise also what is the situation for our stay after the cruise 

it is so difficult makes you want to just stay home but that is not going to happen we are going on holiday 👍👍

thanks

If you fly on the 18th couldn't you do your test on the 17th which would then be okay to use for both the flight and boarding the cruise on 19th ? . You can get tests done in lots of places in the UK ( Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy, airports ). The pre boarding test can be done in the two days before the boarding date. After the cruise you will need to complete the UK locator form online and have a code from whichever company you have used to get your day 2 test. These can be booked online before you travel assuming we still have that rule in place in February. 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, C-Dragons said:

We did the Binax AG Now tests. Not including the prep, it took 15 minutes.

I just ordered the Binax AG Now proctored test from Optum for our Dec 5th Edge sailing.  I ordered the 2 pack.   Can I use one for myself and the other one for my husband.  Just wondering because when I did the little questionnaire to purchase it led me to think that one test was for departure and the other one for return.  It said I did not qualify to purchase when I only checked that I needed the test for embarkation on a cruise.  When I clicked that I also needed it return to my home county, it let me purchase.  Thanks for your help.

5 hours ago, Love2Dance4Me! said:

Can I use one for myself and the other one for my husband. 

Yes 100%. I strongly recommend ordering the 3-pack to have a backup just in case. I needed to put that backup plan into action last month as one of the activation liquid droppers was bone dry.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Yes 100%. I strongly recommend ordering the 3-pack to have a backup just in case. I needed to put that backup plan into action last month as one of the activation liquid droppers was bone dry.

I will be making appts at the CVS here at home first thing in the morning on Friday before we start our drive down, and in Stuart, FL for Friday evening incase we have any issue with the at home tests.  Hopefully I will be able to cancel the CVS tests.  

On 11/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, Fedic said:

We just did the drive-thru test at Walgreens.  The results "within 24 hours" actually turned out to take around 30 minutes.  The email you get has a .PDF with your results that can be downloaded and printed or there is a QR code to load the results on your phone.

Hi Fedic, was the test at Walgreens the IDNow Test?  I wasn’t sure if it was accepted by Celebrity.  Thank you!

We are on the 12/10 sailing on the Equinox.  We are using BeeperMD   they come to your house and do the PCR.   You pick the day and time.   They are coming December 8th at 8:30 am    Friends of ours just used them for their Symphony cruise and said they were great.  Had the results in a few hours

14 hours ago, CruiserFromSC said:

Hi Fedic, was the test at Walgreens the IDNow Test?  I wasn’t sure if it was accepted by Celebrity.  Thank you!

Celebrity definitely accepts the IDNow Test from Walgreens.  We've used it three times since July to board ships in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami.  

Also, Our emailed test results from Walgreens has always included a QR code at the top of the results page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lil Pups said:

We are on the 12/10 sailing on the Equinox.  We are using BeeperMD   they come to your house and do the PCR.   You pick the day and time.   They are coming December 8th at 8:30 am    Friends of ours just used them for their Symphony cruise and said they were great.  Had the results in a few hours

They're really expensive though, aren't they?  Not criticizing you - just wondering.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:58 AM, swigso said:

thanks

Way too early to plan on what is needed or what travel rules will be in place next year.  By the beginning of 2022 you should have a better idea of what to do.  Also what are the rules for shipping tests internationally?

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Way too early to plan on what is needed or what travel rules will be in place next year.  By the beginning of 2022 you should have a better idea of what to do.  Also what are the rules for shipping tests internationally?

You are totally correct, things are changing even now. Europe is very close to lockdown. Reading the newspapers, the migrant crisis is not helping. It seems Germany is becoming a hub for criminal gangs who are smuggling people from 

Iraq and Iran and other places. I would guess that these migrants have not been vaccinated and are spreading the disease. 
My hope is that those of us who are able and have had the booster jab will

soon be able to travel freely without having a test. On the other hand part of me thinks testing will be here for good as there is too much money involved for the providers.

In 2018,  80 million people travelled through Heathrow, at £20 a test that is an awful lot of money. Or am I being cynical 🤨 

15 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Sorry I didn't get to pin this last night.  I've now pinned this to the top of the Celebrity page and will include a link in all the other Covid testing threads to redirect the conversation here!

Thank you so much!  This will be very helpful.

10 hours ago, TreeCity said:

Those of you doing the at home test are you using your smart phone, laptop or a combination? what is working best?  Thanks.

Laptop is easier to maneuver the camera while keeping your hands free. Also, the larger screen makes it easier to follow instructions. Combination is not really an option as you need one active session during the test.

6 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

It does NOT say the test has to be proctored.

Did you miss this part?

• The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Did you miss this part?

• The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.

Ugh!  Thanks for pointing that out!!