Loyalty Club points transfer under RCCL

Grahambythesea

Having been loyal Celebrity Cruisers who also enjoyed Azamara we,Ve enjoyed the benefits of the transfer of Club points between the companies. Now Azamara has gone from the group and Silversea has joined, are the various club benefits and points earned transferable if booking Silversea?

40 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

Having been loyal Celebrity Cruisers who also enjoyed Azamara we,Ve enjoyed the benefits of the transfer of Club points between the companies. Now Azamara has gone from the group and Silversea has joined, are the various club benefits and points earned transferable if booking Silversea?

No, and IMHO not likely any time soon. What is interesting is that I have never seen anyone who is or claims to be a long term SS guest ever ask this question. I wonder why.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Not yet AFAIK but it is an interesting question.  I’ve noticed that one can now use Marriott Bonvoy  points on the Ritz Carlton yacht.

Not only that but if your in their top level at Marriott you get additional benefits on the cruise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Do you get a “shipload” of points when sailing on RC that you can use at the RC hotels?  

Nope.  The earn rate is 5-points per dollar which is only 50% of the hotel earn rate.  It’s even less for people who have loyalty status.  For example, Titanium members earn 17.5 points at Ritz hotels which means the ship’s earn rate is over 70% less.  Certainly not a very compelling offer IMHO.

• Like 3

Not sure,maybe free laundry, at least a reduced rate or perhaps a 5% additional savings on any future voyage. Something.

I have over 35 sailings with RCCL and Celebrity.

I just think that since I am true to the brand they should recognized me for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, seaver said:

Not sure,maybe free laundry, at least a reduced rate or perhaps a 5% additional savings on any future voyage. Something.

I just think that since I am true to the brand they should recognized me for it.

Don't they recognize you in some way on Celebrity?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seaver said:

Yes Celebrity does!

I want Silversea to follow suit.

Have you sailed with Silversea?  Don't you think you should at least sail with them before they give you perks?  You have demonstrated loyalty to Celebrity and have been rewarded.  What loyalty have you shown to Silversea?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

Have you sailed with Silversea?  Don't you think you should at least sail with them before they give you perks?  You have demonstrated loyalty to Celebrity and have been rewarded.  What loyalty have you shown to Silversea?

I have sailed with Silversea 2 times and have a 37 day booked on Silver Moon.

I sure you realize it's the same company ,I already have shown loyalty.

• Like 2

Well I'm confused.   If you have sailed Silversea I'm sure you are conversant with the Venetian Society benefits.   Why do you think that your past loyalty to Celebrity should earn you more perks with Silversea.   The two don't really equate.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

Well I'm confused.   If you have sailed Silversea I'm sure you are conversant with the Venetian Society benefits.   Why do you think that your past loyalty to Celebrity should earn you more perks with Silversea.   The two don't really equate.  

It's the same company!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, seaver said:

What’s wrong with earning these rewards with SS in the same manner that countless others have done over the last 25 years or so.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, seaver said:

It's the same company!

But a very different brand and experience. that thus far, has never needed to provide the type of loyalty perks that the mainstream lines require to keep their customers coming back.   As someone with lifetime top tier elite status with several airlines and hotel brands, I understand the appeal of loyalty program perks...but they really aren't needed on Silversea.  (But yes, the Venetian Society perks are valued!). 

One of the most appealing elements of the Silversea experience is that you don't have the type of "class divisions" seen on other lines, including some luxury lines like Crystal.   There is no need for priority boarding, because the boarding process is much smoother and swifter and you don't need to be on board early to run to reserve something.  All passengers have a spacious cabin, all passengers have a butler, all have access to every lounge on board and none of us need to scurry to an  elite lounge to scarf down a free drink"   😄  And all are free to talk about how much they have cruised on other cruise lines, but are now loyal to Silversea - no need for a special pin or card to let everyone see...

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, seaver said:

It's the same company!

It’s the same parent company, but a very different sister company to RC or Celebrity. And while it’s very generous of RCG to allow reciprocal benefits for two lines, there is a much bigger difference between Silversea and Celebrity than Celebrity and RC. 

In another cruise fleet, Norwegian, there are no reciprocal benefits between NCL and Regent. 

Because of the big gap between Celebrity/RC and Silversea, I support keeping the loyalty programs separate too.

Edited by CruiserFromMaine
Typos
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

In another cruise fleet, Norwegian, there are no reciprocal benefits between NCL and Regent. 

Also with the Carnival cruise fleet there is no reciprocal benefits between Carnival and Seabourn and I hope they keep it that way. You mentioned Cruiser there is a big gap between Celebrity and Silversea. It is the same with experience onboard Princess and also price point per day compared to Seabourn so how could you expect to get benefits between the two transferred?

• Like 2

It might happen some day, but it would require a complete re-working of each brand's loyalty program into something that could equate the different levels/costs of the different brands. For instance, I can stay at a Holiday Inn and accrue points I can use for a stay at an Intercontinental or Kimpton hotel, since they're all owned by the same parent company. But I need significantly fewer points to get a free night at Holiday Inn than a free night at a Kimpton! 

Currently, the luxury cruise lines base their loyalty programs primarily on nights sailed. They'd need to convert that to some sort of points system, based on cost, like the large hotel holding companies do. So perhaps you could earn 1 point per dollar spent. You'd thus earn more points on a $10,000 Silversea Cruise than you would on a $2,000 Royal Caribbean cruise. And then redemptions would be similarly scaled: you'd need many more points to redeem for free nights on Silversea than Royal Caribbean or Celebrity.

Or they could base it on days, with some translation between brands. for instance it currently takes 100 days on Silversea to earn the benefit of 5% off all future sailings. If they calculated the average cost/night on Silversea and average cost/night on Celebrity, they could create some equivalency to say you need, say, 180 nights on Celebrity to receive the 5% discount on Silversea.

No matter how they'd construct such a translation between the different brands, some people would cry foul. What if you and I have both traveled extensively on Celebrity, but you've always traveled in a top-level suite, and I always purchased a basic inside cabin for one-third the cost -- should our days traveled on Celebrity count equally toward potential benefits on Silversea? You'd want your dollars spent, not days traveled, to be counted, while I'd want days traveled, not dollars, to be counted.  

So, yes, it's possible -- but it's definitely not a simple matter to integrate loyalty programs of different brands. The large hotel companies have spent years and many millions of dollars integrating different loyalty programs. The question is whether the cruise companies see a tangible benefit to doing something similar. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don’t usually stay in hotels that have a point system but I do accrue points with some airlines and find that the points are so devalued the programs don’t instill much loyalty anymore.  They also make it harder to even use the points.  Is it same with the hotel chains?