PG Website

tdl60

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MrRandal said:

It's a bit frustrating, I'm eight months out, but I would hate to be at the point where I needed to make excursion reservations. How are they handling that right now?

You must contact PG Customer Service to book excursions and it must be within 30 days of your cruise. The migration is still going on but they only have the cruises through February uploaded .... they say 6 - 8 before they are up to July  ....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

You must contact PG Customer Service to book excursions and it must be within 30 days of your cruise. The migration is still going on but they only have the cruises through February uploaded .... they say 6 - 8 before they are up to July  ....

Thanks, Kahuna, 6-8 weeks? I don't work in IT, nor do I fully understand what is involved in moving data from one website to another, but it seems a company the size of Ponant would have the IT resources to make this happen in a much more timely manner. Half the fun of a PG cruise/vacation for my wife is going to their website once a week and looking up our cruise, seeing how many days before we depart, going over the itinerary, reading up on all of the excursions. I realize you can still do many of those things, but it isn't quite the same as when you do it under "My Bookings".

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrRandal said:

Thanks, Kahuna, 6-8 weeks? I don't work in IT, nor do I fully understand what is involved in moving data from one website to another, but it seems a company the size of Ponant would have the IT resources to make this happen in a much more timely manner. Half the fun of a PG cruise/vacation for my wife is going to their website once a week and looking up our cruise, seeing how many days before we depart, going over the itinerary, reading up on all of the excursions. I realize you can still do many of those things, but it isn't quite the same as when you do it under "My Bookings".

Agreed

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, number8 said:

Any updates on the website??

I was told by pgcruises they don't expect the website to be fully functional until June. And she was hesitant when she said June. No idea why it would take so long, but it's certainly frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, Supertuscan99 said:

June?  Everything is frustrating since Ponant took over…I would give a pass to ponant for navigating these booking issues during the pandemic, but by now they should of caught up. …

Ponant website NEVER works well.  SAD!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ia Orana! 

We're on the June 15, 2022 Society Is & Tuamotus PG cruise. Love to meet you all!

Anyone want to create a group for the FAKARAVA Blue Lagoon private tour  by Ato Lissant <fakaravaexplorer@hotmail.com>?  I heard from him by email after seeing him on TripAdvisor.
Locals call it Bay of Tehatea; here's Ato's website: https://www.fakarava-divelodge.com/excursion-fakarava.html

He emailed me his updated schedule for June 15 tailored to PG schedule:
Depart  8.15am from PG Dock  Return 3.30 pm
120$ per adult including lunch on the beach at the Motu

Kathy & Stan

Dana Point, CA

We just received a cruise book from Ponant that has the Paul Gauguin cruises included. This is the first one we've ever received from Ponant. We were on a post Ponant cruise from Tahiti to Fiji on one of our 3 PG cruises, and really enjoyed it. We were booked on the April  2020 cruise from Fiji to Bali, which Ponant cancelled, with a future cruise credit our only option. We've tried to use that FCC a number of times, without success. The cruise book shows not only the PG cruises, but also the excursions. Hopefully the Ponant website soon recognizes PG cruises as well.

On board, the travel/excursion department daily puts on a very good program that outlines all the excursions available for an upcoming island with difficulty information and slides.  We booked our excursions by phone before boarding but were able to change or cancel 24 hrs in advance of a booking.  The only problem we heard from other passengers was that some very popular excursions were filled when they waited too long to book. 

• 2 months later...

Well after 8 months you can log into your account again on the PG website.  The only thing missing is the countdown.  I really liked logging in and seeing how many days until the cruise....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're 44 days out, so far no excursions available to book. In the past, they were available 30 days before sailing. Also, the website doesn't seem to be retaining some personal information, such as country, state, emergency contact, phone numbers, passport expirations. I fill them out, go back and they are all blank or incorrect. You would have thought after all this time they would have all of the bugs worked out.

21 minutes ago, MrRandal said:

We're 44 days out, so far no excursions available to book. In the past, they were available 30 days before sailing. Also, the website doesn't seem to be retaining some personal information, such as country, state, emergency contact, phone numbers, passport expirations. I fill them out, go back and they are all blank or incorrect. You would have thought after all this time they would have all of the bugs worked out.

Although our excursions still are not showing, the personal information showed up after logging out and then logging back in. Sorry.

I created an account, was given a passenger number but it says we have no cruises booked (we do have one booked) and I dont see an option to add a booking number. In past experience, would the cruise just eventually show up or would this require a call to PG? Thanks! 

3 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

I created an account, was given a passenger number but it says we have no cruises booked (we do have one booked) and I dont see an option to add a booking number. In past experience, would the cruise just eventually show up or would this require a call to PG? Thanks! 

Are you the "Primary" guest on the reservation? I only asked because that's how we were able to access ours successfully. I tried to make an account under my name but couldn't. When I asked my husband to make one under his name, we were able to sign in and our reservation was already listed in the account.

29 minutes ago, Sailwithbars said:

Are you the "Primary" guest on the reservation? I only asked because that's how we were able to access ours successfully. I tried to make an account under my name but couldn't. When I asked my husband to make one under his name, we were able to sign in and our reservation was already listed in the account.

This is insightful because I am listed as “passenger 1” on the invoice. After seeing your reply, I got curious and up an account for my fiancée. Low and behold, all of our info is listed under his account! I manage all of our travel anyway so as long as I can access it one way or the other I’m good. 
Thank you! 

2 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

This is insightful because I am listed as “passenger 1” on the invoice. After seeing your reply, I got curious and up an account for my fiancée. Low and behold, all of our info is listed under his account! I manage all of our travel anyway so as long as I can access it one way or the other I’m good. 
Thank you! 

While we were able to access the "Manage Trip" feature yesterday, and add some information to our profiles that should already have been there, the new information does not "stick" to the website, and subsequent visits  to the site showed it still missing. Today we have had intermittent success accessing the "Manage Trip" feature. After a call directly to pgcruises, I was told the feature is undergoing a "soft opening" and they are still working out numerous bugs. No indication on when we will be able to book excursions online, we can't even book over the phone as our cruise is tied in with Smithsonian, and there are a number of free excursions that will be offered. I'm pretty certain they will be walking tours amongst ancient ruins, but they can't figure out how to get them in the system.

• Thanks 1