How is my Ventura cabin ?

keeven2

Just booked Ventura N331 21 Oct 2023 - 28 Oct 2023 for October half term. I found the price of 2023 4-person cabin is similar to the 2022 October half term, but 2-person cabin is cheaper than 2022 cruise. Hence I followed TA's advice booked 2 cabins for my family of 4. 

The cabins I chose are on deck 15 FWD,  L253 a L257. I think it has easy access to the pool. Do you know if it is affected by the noise etc?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.dde3935f25fd1a49ab47f588719a9fc1.png

6 minutes ago, keeven2 said:

Just booked Ventura N331 21 Oct 2023 - 28 Oct 2023 for October half term. I found the price of 2023 4-person cabin is similar to the 2022 October half term, but 2-person cabin is cheaper than 2022 cruise. Hence I followed TA's advice booked 2 cabins for my family of 4. 

The cabins I chose are on deck 15 FWD,  L253 a L257. I think it has easy access to the pool. Do you know if it is affected by the noise etc?

Thanks.

They wouldn’t be my choice I’m afraid. The easy access to the pool is great for you but lots of others will be accessing it as well. The bar and grill may also attract passing traffic. The spa above shouldn’t affect you as it likely to be closed when you are in bed. Just using the small section of the deck plan you have posted, it may be less busy in the corresponding cabins on the deck below (R251 and 255) or maybe better still R245 and R249 further away from the lifts and stairs.

• Like 2

I should think there would be no more passing traffic on this deck than any other. It will only be people coming from the cabins further along as you are at the front of the ship that is not many. The Spa area above should not cause any noise and the pool is not above you. The cabins give you good access to the main pools.

Edited by Gettingwarmer

The only time we ever booked a late fare we were allocated L250 on Ventura and would definitely never want a room in that area again. 

There is noise from people walking past to get to the pools and the doors tend to slam shut after people have passed through them.  The bars are often open until quite late at night so there is foot traffic until the early hours.  Some people understandably like to swim early mornings and in the evenings when the pool area is less busy so that they can do lengths so we often only got 5 or 6 hours sleep.

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I should think there would be no more passing traffic on this deck than any other. It will only be people coming from the cabins further along as you are at the front of the ship that is not many. The Spa area above should not cause any noise and the pool is not above you. The cabins give you good access to the main pools.

The passing traffic mostly affects the balcony cabins aft of the lift lobby  which is used by most other passengers from the mid/fwd and fwd sections of the ship to access the lido deck. The 2 cabins highlighted should be free of that particular passing traffic. The only other downside to this area is that it can be very windy on the corridor with the constant opening of the auto doors out onto the lido deck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

The only time we ever booked a late fare we were allocated L250 on Ventura and would definitely never want a room in that area again. 

There is noise from people walking past to get to the pools and the doors tend to slam shut after people have passed through them.  The bars are often open until quite late at night so there is foot traffic until the early hours.  Some people understandably like to swim early mornings and in the evenings when the pool area is less busy so that they can do lengths so we often only got 5 or 6 hours sleep.

Why would those length swimmers be making lots of noise?

It looks like the OP's cabins are 'upstream' of the lift lobby so there would only be foot traffic from cabins forward, also do the doors really slam,?

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Why would those length swimmers be making lots of noise?

It looks like the OP's cabins are 'upstream' of the lift lobby so there would only be foot traffic from cabins forward, also do the doors really slam,?

The length swimmers were no noisier than anyone else but they tended to swim very early when the pool was empty of non-serious swimmers and the ones walking from forward cabins let the doors go like everyone else consequently letting the doors slam shut.

The doors did slam because they were quite heavy and didn't seem to have any sort of slow closure mechanism.

I  made a comment on the end of cruise questionnaire that those doors needed to be modified so that they closed slowly rather than slammed shut.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I made a comment on the end of cruise questionnaire that those doors needed to be modified so that they closed slowly rather than slammed shut.

But isn't that the case with most doors on ships - especially older ships - they all slam  shut.  

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

But isn't that the case with most doors on ships - especially older ships - they all slam  shut.  

Cabin doors slam shut, if you let them  but I try to cushion ours by letting it close against my bum, both hands being used to push the wheelchair. We are looking forward to Iona as the accessible cabins have auto doors, problem can be waiting for them to close, thus blocking the corridor.

However the corridor doors on the lido deck on Ventura are automatic, so they close quietly.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:15 PM, keeven2 said:

Thanks.

The two cabins are ahead of the lifts area and in my opinion ideal for swimming access and thegrill and bar on Lido.  I think they are far enough away from the Lido noise to beacceptable to me.

Regards John