Carnival - Disney or Epcot Excursion?

wannacruz

Does anyone know if Carnival runs a shore excursion out of Port Canaveral to either Epcot or Disney? We are a group of 11 that will be on the Miracle June 26th and want to go to Disney or Epcot. I thought I read somewhere that they offer this but I can't seem to find anymore information about it. If anyone knows if this is available and what the cost would be I would appreciate the info. Thamks!!!

Wannacruz

WHEN IS YOUR FLIGHT? ARE WANTING TO GO BEFORE OR AFTER? WE ARE GOING ON GLORY IN JUNE. FLYING IN TWO DAYS BEFORE CRUISE INTO ORLANDO. WE BOUGHT OUR AIRFARE ON OUR OWN. IT IS USUALLY A BETTER TIME AND PRICE. I WILL RENT A CAR SO WE HAVE SOME FREEDOM OR GET A CAR SHUTTLE TO THE PIER AND BACK TO ORLANDO AIRPORT. I LIKE THIS BETTER INSTEAD OF BEING HERDED IN A CROWD BY BUS. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET TO THE SHIP DOING YOUR OWN AIRFARE BECAUSE THE SHIP DOESN'T HAVE TO WAIT ON YOU IF A PROBLEM OCCURS. I THINK DISNEY IS ABOUT 45 MINUTES AWAY WITH GOOD TRAFFIC FLOW. EPCOT IS PART OF DISNEY WORLD. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU WITH ANY MORE INFO.

If you fly into Orlando, you can rent a car from Avis at the airport, use it for whatever excursion you want for the day and then leave it at the Radisson at Port Canaveral. This is what we did when we went and it worked out fine. We flew in Friday am, spent the day at Universal, left the car Saturday AM to board the ship. Rented another van after getting off, drove directly to Disney for two days and then returned the car to the airport. I think only Avis has this option. It was about an hour drive, not bad at all. They do have vans available so if you havea large group thta might work out well for you.

Bernie

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Diamond Princess - September 2004

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wannacruz:

Does anyone know if Carnival runs a shore excursion out of Port Canaveral to either Epcot or Disney? We are a group of 11 that will be on the Miracle June 26th and want to go to Disney or Epcot. I thought I read somewhere that they offer this but I can't seem to find anymore information about it. If anyone knows if this is available and what the cost would be I would appreciate the info. Thamks!!!

Wannacruz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only excursion I found listed was for the space center. If you are considering doing EPCOT or the Magic Kingdom on your own I think you may run into a time factor. If I am correct in the Miracle arriving Canaveral around 9 AM(?) and departing rather early in the evening it would really be a rush job. It is about 1 hour and 15 minutes or so to the parks, add in the time to get off the ship, drive to Orlando (after arranging for a car) get into the park (parking the car, taking the tram, traveling on the monorail, ticket lines) I would be very surprised if you made inside by 11:30 at the earliest. Seeing either of these parks can take the better part of two days but with careful planning you can do one in a day. A day being at least 10-12 hours in the park. If you also consider the time getting out of the park (everything in reverse) and the drive back to the ship it would hardly seem worth it. Save the parks for a time when you can spend a few days in Orlando either as a pre or post cruise deal or even on its own. But a tour of the Kennedy Space Center can be a fantastic day or spending the day in Cocoa Beach is a real hoot!

As for the cost, I can't even imagine what Carnival would charge since the parks themselves are at $50 plus per person and that is just to get in..don't get me started on the cost of eating there!

Destiny 1/99

Sensation 3/00

Fantasy 4/01

Legend 10/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2003;10;4;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

wannacruz ~ Disneyworld and Epcot are SO time-consuming. I would strongly suggest you NOT try to do all this in one trip. I love both parks, but would never consider trying to do either with the time constraints. When there, you don't want to feel you're on a time schedule; you'd miss so much. Would be ideal if you could plan a separate vacation at another time.

sg4crzn ~ PLEASE turn your "caps lock" off when posting. You probably are not aware that in computer language, you are considered "shouting" when you type in all caps. Welcome to the board, tho! icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Archived