Royal's ships 2023/24

RCL Alaska season has opened for sale and the ships that are doing the Hawaii cruise are Ovation, Quantum and Enchantment, which I would suspect will be the AU deployment for 2023/24

Edited by woodscruise
additional comment

32 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

RCL Alaska season has opened for sale and the ships that are doing the Hawaii cruise are Ovation, Quantum and Enchantment, which I would suspect will be the AU deployment for 2023/24

I read it was out Michael.

Enchantment ? It must be for the nostalgia but it would be nice.

So What about Radiance ? Deployed year round in Australia? 
So Maybe those rhapsody bookings here where for enchantment?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

So What about Radiance

Radiance is also showing on the Alaska cruise season also, but not doing the Canada to Hawaii cruise.

I would say the Rhapsody bookings are actually for Enchantment, and if Royal is considering a year round ship, this maybe it. 

9 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Radiance is also showing on the Alaska cruise season also, but not doing the Canada to Hawaii cruise.

I would say the Rhapsody bookings are actually for Enchantment, and if Royal is considering a year round ship, this maybe it. 

If Royal does bring a ship here over the coming winter,which I’m having my doubts about.

It could be Enchantment ?

A nice little ship,getting old though. I think it’s the oldest in the fleet ,the ship they cut in half and lengthened.

What’s your thoughts on Ovation Michael?

Its very strange how it’s running up and down the U.S. west coast burning up fuel.It just doesn’t make sense.Its all over the place like a mad woman and her you know what.

It gets back to Seattle on the 15th ,it may as well pick up some crew a come to Sydney.

83270842-72FE-47B8-A02B-A932C276DC97.thumb.png.be99e9783b350bee87f7309147e7f181.pngADB8C960-FEBB-4EE3-83AF-AFD38E4A4851.thumb.png.762f9e1be64bc5794af6dd616de2b90a.png

As much as we would like Ovation to come to AU, I think they decided when the  cancelled the amended  AU cruises, that they will not deploy her here for this season. I think the reason it is going south of Seattle is to avoid the weather. 

On another note, I noticed yesterday that Carnival have pulled there cruises for March, for both Sydney & Brisbane. It seems P&O will possibly be the start up company for AU cruising.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

As much as we would like Ovation to come to AU, I think they decided when the  cancelled the amended  AU cruises, that they will not deploy her here for this season. I think the reason it is going south of Seattle is to avoid the weather. 

On another note, I noticed yesterday that Carnival have pulled there cruises for March, for both Sydney & Brisbane. It seems P&O will possibly be the start up company for AU cruising.

Not P&O. Captain Cook cruises are resuming Fiji cruises this month.

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I guess you're right, didn't look into that so I 'spose it doesn't count.

Once again,Australia is being show up.

The cruise lines have been very quite lately so something must be going on.

If that Joel Katze was in the media there be something wrong.

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone has noticed Quantam isn’t selling very well for the

2022-2023  season out of Brisbane.

Ovation is heavily booked from sydney where Quantam is a lot cheaper with quite a few available cabins.

Radiance is a snail pace on the way to Cyprus and ovation is at anchor near Seattle .

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if anyone has noticed Quantam isn’t selling very well for the

2022-2023  season out of Brisbane.

Ovation is heavily booked from sydney where Quantam is a lot cheaper with quite a few available cabins.

Radiance is a snail pace on the way to Cyprus and ovation is at anchor near Seattle .

I’m on the TP April 2023 from Brisbane.

My friend and I were able to get a large balcony JS on Quantum for less than the price of a balcony on Ovation, it was an easy decision to book, even though we need to fly to Brisbane from Sydney to board her.

4 hours ago, gogo65 said:

I’m on the TP April 2023 from Brisbane.

My friend and I were able to get a large balcony JS on Quantum for less than the price of a balcony on Ovation, it was an easy decision to book, even though we need to fly to Brisbane from Sydney to board her.

What a bargain,you will get coastal kitchen every night.
They seem to be having difficulty selling quantum out of Brisbane.

Brisbane as a port doesn’t have the appeal I think. 
 Especially for a fly in departure, if you couldn’t time your boarding time you would be sitting at the terminal waiting.

Sydney,Melbourne ,Cairns or Auckland you could drop your bags and walk around.There not much to do in Brisbane port.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Especially for a fly in departure, if you couldn’t time your boarding time you would be sitting at the terminal waiting.

Sydney,Melbourne ,Cairns or Auckland you could drop your bags and walk around.There not much to do in Brisbane port.

I realise there is still quite some time until these cruises sail, but there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Qld government’s stance on international and interstate travel, quarantine and entry requirements.  I think this is the main reason for any booking hesitancy. Prices do look good.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I realise there is still quite some time until these cruises sail, but there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Qld government’s stance on international and interstate travel, quarantine and entry requirements.  I think this is the main reason for any booking hesitancy. Prices do look good.  

Someone said Quantam is cheaper than ovation with Alaska ,which I can’t work out.

Time will tell but it wouldn’t look good for filling up a oasis class out of Brisbane.

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes true, we will probably jump an early flight, lunch with family then board. We have no need to go to Brisbane, and although I’ll miss the Sydney Harbour departure, the cost difference makes it an easy choice. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean is pulling Spectrum out of China and it looks like it will be doing cruises out of Singapore with port calls.

https://milelion.com/2022/01/10/sea-vtl-royal-caribbean-spectrum-of-the-seas-arriving-ahead-of-schedule-in-april-2022

@woodscruise.   When was Quantam supposed to go to Alaska?  I think it was about then.

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal Caribbean is pulling Spectrum out of China and it looks like it will be doing cruises out of Singapore with port calls.

https://milelion.com/2022/01/10/sea-vtl-royal-caribbean-spectrum-of-the-seas-arriving-ahead-of-schedule-in-april-2022

@woodscruise.   When was Quantam supposed to go to Alaska?  I think it was about then.

She is due to leave Singapore in April....Looks like RCL puling out of China altogether!

59 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

She is due to leave Singapore in April....Looks like RCL puling out of China altogether!

China’s Civil aviation released a statement that it expects tourism to China to be closed until mid 2023 at least.

So I would say you are right.

Genting Hong Kong is in big,big financial trouble too.

There ship yards are in bankruptcy plus their Debts are 4 times their assets.

@geoff2802

Our old mate Gavin Smith should be back on deck Monday.

I was chatting to cruise offers today about Royal Caribbean doing all inclusive packages for Australians to cruise out of Singapore.

They thought it’s a good idea ,so I was going to email Gavin and suggest it.

What do you think?

Airfares,a few nights accommodation in Singapore,transfers and a cruise  on spectrum.

Maybe a city tour and pre arranged Covid tests?

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Looks like RCL puling out of China altogether!

This is not surprising at all.  

Next thing they need to do is offer better itineraries from Singapore and Japan in the next deployment.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@geoff2802

Our old mate Gavin Smith should be back on deck Monday.

I was chatting to cruise offers today about Royal Caribbean doing all inclusive packages for Australians to cruise out of Singapore.

They thought it’s a good idea ,so I was going to email Gavin and suggest it.

What do you think?

Airfares,a few nights accommodation in Singapore,transfers and a cruise  on spectrum.

Maybe a city tour and pre arranged Covid tests?

Can’t hurt to ask.  Perhaps more likely that Royal would work with a travel agent to offer packages.  
Anyway, I’m up for it.  Insurance would need to cover Covid risks to get people on board.  

• Like 2