Royal's ships 2023/24

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So why couldn’t it do longer cruises? 

If things don’t calm down,there’s going to be a big announcement.

Sales are bad and drug cartels with guns aren’t going to improve things.

Plus Royal won’t be taking passengers to a place that the state department say to reconsider to trip.

I think Navigator is the most revamped Voyager class,it could be good here. Certainly give P&O and carnival a run for there money over winter.

When Navigator was revamped pre Covid it was apparently done up for exclusively short cruises. 
Good question why Navigator can’t work longer cruises.

With the civil unrest in Mexico Royal are certainly not going to put staff and passengers in danger. 
A South Pacific cruise on Navigator in August from Brisbane sounds great. My partner tells me regularly how great the South Pacific is at that time of the year. 
But my guessing would have thought Singapore or somewhere else in Asia would have taken advantage of a possible surplus Navigator. Singapore deployment 2023 should be going on sale for in a fortnight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Just a thought, Sydney Ports is showing Vision OTS been a regular visitor from October 2024, and with this been less passenger capacity, than the Voyager class vessels, could this be a contender for a year round vessel?

Also shows in Fremantle and Darwin for a probable lap around Oz, but for now they are only the usual summer season entries. If they eventually go to year round, it will likely be the ship that is already here for the summer. 24/25 seems so far away, and on recent history, the ship could change 3 times between now & then.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 7:27 AM, springaussie said:

Isn’t Navigator set up for short cruises?

Good chance Royal will leave California all together. 
They could use Navigator as a Quantum replacement in the short term. 

One thing to remember is that Navigator is set up for shore power as required by California laws. I don't think Quantum has the shore power yet.

12 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Just a thought, Sydney Ports is showing Vision OTS been a regular visitor from October 2024, and with this been less passenger capacity, than the Voyager class vessels, could this be a contender for a year round vessel?

I would bet my last Crown & Anchor drink it’s a place holder . Wonder??

I see Sydney is now showing Rhapsody instead of Brilliance for the 23-24 season.

I wish they would make up their mind.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, Chiliburn said:

I would bet my last Crown & Anchor drink it’s a place holder . Wonder??

I see Sydney is now showing Rhapsody instead of Brilliance for the 23-24 season.

I wish they would make up their mind.

They’re doing it to give you something to talk about Chilli!   

I think Radiance class (Brilliance or another) will be the year round ship, Sydney in the Summer and Brisbane in the Winter.  Easier to fill than a larger ship and suits the South Pacific ports better as well.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I think Radiance class (Brilliance or another) will be the year round ship, Sydney in the Summer and Brisbane in the Winter.  Easier to fill than a larger ship and suits the South Pacific ports better as well.   

Navigator only takes a extra 900 passengers or so .

Its got things for the kids ,water slide,laser tag,ice skating,teens club.
 Apparently Navigator hasn’t been selling very well in L.A. .the itinerary is very limited.
 But let’s see ??

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

If Royal pull Navigator from Los Angeles because of domestic issues in Mexico they will have to find a new home for Celebrity Solstice also. 

On the subject of celebrity,Qantas has a great deals on Celebrity cruises out of Japan !

07E397FD-755A-4ACB-AECB-CDDE6729B92D.thumb.png.19ad3b2041a889c56eaa836ad7ab6c36.png

Qantas is a airline not a agent,I don’t believe I’m breaking CC rules.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

The ships sailing from L.A. Must have a temporary exemption from the PVSA .

They are just doing circles or cruises to nowhere,I don’t know how long that will last for long .

B7B96661-C937-4D57-AD29-70D8F25A57D4.thumb.png.f0e2178b6eab750a3908f4d5aa2ef433.png2B12DE36-A010-49F2-AE1C-33D92DFE4A0F.thumb.png.5bd83521d2ea241037f9766721e2a863.png

I am not sure if cruises to nowhere are restricted by the Jones act, as they aren't being transported to other ports. Not something I had considered before, as that sort of cruise isn't normal over there.

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am not sure if cruises to nowhere are restricted by the Jones act, as they aren't being transported to other ports. Not something I had considered before, as that sort of cruise isn't normal over there.

Yes cruises to nowhere are effected by the Jones Act. They were allowed until a few years ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I will stay out of that argument but people that seem to know ,tell me it is.

But I don’t really know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Yes cruises to nowhere are effected by the Jones Act. They were allowed until a few years ago. 

Isn’t the Jones act something different? Like it relates to cargo?

https://www.hupla.co/en/faq/what-is-passenger-vessel-service-act-pvsa-in-the-cruise-industry

Edited by Chiliburn

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Isn’t the Jones act something different? Like it relates to cargo?

https://www.hupla.co/en/faq/what-is-passenger-vessel-service-act-pvsa-in-the-cruise-industry

PVSA is likely more accurate, but it evolved out of the Jones act and they are largely considered one of the same, even though there are some differences. Royal Caribbean's site definition, which is why I wondered about cruises to nowhere as they aren't excluded in their definition:

The Jones Act (also known as the Passenger Services Act) does not allow ships of Non-US registry to embark and debark guests at two different US ports, since travel between US ports is prohibited on foreign flagged ships.

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Hey 🌶  I’ve got an idea.  Why don't we have a bit of fun, ,anyone who wants to, stump up $100 each and name what Royal ships will make up the fleet for Brisbane & Sydney 2023/ 24 season and what ship/s will be home ported in Australia year round and the person who gets it correct gets the money. I realise  you have a direct line to Gavin Smith ( being your best mate) so you have an advantage but hat the heck. 
PS: SpeculatIon of the Seas and its Norwegian captain, Jorgess Isasgoodasmein. Is not an option. 

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

PVSA is likely more accurate, but it evolved out of the Jones act and they are largely considered one of the same, even though there are some differences. Royal Caribbean's site definition, which is why I wondered about cruises to nowhere as they aren't excluded in their definition:

The Jones Act (also known as the Passenger Services Act) does not allow ships of Non-US registry to embark and debark guests at two different US ports, since travel between US ports is prohibited on foreign flagged ships.

Like I said,  I’ll stay out of it ,  most Americans don’t even know it exists.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Royal just said on Facebook 

“Quantum of the Seas is scheduled to arrive in Australia with no impact to her season or itineraries, we can’t wait to welcome you onboard 😍

They must have got that flux capacitor they where waiting for in the mail.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Royal just said on Facebook 

“Quantum of the Seas is scheduled to arrive in Australia with no impact to her season or itineraries, we can’t wait to welcome you onboard 😍

I told you guys this on the 5th August , ……was never in doubt. 😁

My daughter has booked a balcony x 2 on Quantum from Brisbane 7th December and chose to let them assign the rooms but is requesting inter connecting rooms. They are saying she will have to pay extra for this but as yet haven't said how much. Is this normal? If you do the booking yourself the price doesn't seem to change for interconnecting rooms.

4 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

My daughter has booked a balcony x 2 on Quantum from Brisbane 7th December and chose to let them assign the rooms but is requesting inter connecting rooms. They are saying she will have to pay extra for this but as yet haven't said how much. Is this normal? If you do the booking yourself the price doesn't seem to change for interconnecting rooms.

The difference is that if you are booking a pair of interconnecting rooms, you are choosing the cabins. If you let them choose the cabins, a guarantee booking, you can save some dollars but have no say in which cabins or if they interconnect. In specifying interconnecting, that is changing from the cheaper option of letting them choose your cabins from a random block.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valantine80 said:

If you want connecting rooms,I would call who ever you booked it with and sort it out.

I can see a situation where there’re no adjoining cabins left by the time they allocate your cabins.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:03 AM, geoff2802 said:

What Gavin should be doing with it is running a world cruise and take on Princess during the Oz Winter. Start and finish your in Sydney and  Brisbane. Leave Oz in May.