Turned away

2 hours ago, Dizzypig1478 said:

How many of you have been turned away for not having a PCR or Antigen yes? My sister and I are both vacc and boostered and I just found out we need a pcr or antigen test 2 days before cruise. I found out by reading SMALL print? What info do you have? 

There is a large banner on the cruise line's website explaining everything you need to know to cruise.  It is not in small print.  It should also be in your cruise documents and you should have seen it as part of the process to check in for your cruise.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/?cS=MHDR

Look at the top, very hard to miss.

• Like 3

Monday lol 

For a cruise leaving on Monday the earliest you can get tested is Saturday.     Not enough time to order the easy peasy at home proctored test kits so your best bet is to find someone near you that offers the rapid antigen test where you get your results within 15 minutes to 2 hours for places. 

Try CVS, Walgreens, urgent care facilities or if willing to pay most airports offer too. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

exactly - it does not say anything about EXCLUDING day of boarding. It just says 2 days before boarding. 

"

How to calculate which days to take your test:

• Vaccinated guests: If you are setting sail on a Saturday, and you need to take the test no more than 2 days before, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You could also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — of course, we don't recommend waiting until the last minute.
Edited by JuliaMS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Is this just through March?

We have a cruise with extended family in April so I assume new info will come out for those. Will have an age under 5 with us and coming into Port Canaveral on a Friday for a sail on Sunday. Hoping this won't be too tricky.

we have just sailed with an unvaxxed 10 yo last Sunday.

He got tested on Thursday and we got tested on Friday. At CVS.

I also booked backup appointments at Walgreens, but cancelled them after getting the CVS results within 30 minutes of the tests.

RCI staff checked NAMES, DATES and the word NEGATIVE on the printouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

exactly - it does not say anything about EXCLUDING day of boarding. It just says 2 days before boarding. 

"

• Vaccinated guests: If you are setting sail on a Saturday, and you need to take the test no more than 2 days before, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You could also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — of course, we don't recommend waiting until the last minute.

8 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

I meant to say sailing Saturday test Thursday

It is just how that person tried to explain how you count.  You just have to be careful about how the cruise line counts as there is one that the deadline is earlier than you would expect it to be.  I always look for their examples and go from there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we have just sailed with an unvaxxed 10 yo last Sunday.

He got tested on Thursday and we got tested on Friday. At CVS.

I also booked backup appointments at Walgreens, but cancelled them after getting the CVS results within 30 minutes of the tests.

RCI staff checked NAMES, DATES and the word NEGATIVE on the printouts.

So we can get him tested at home Thursday (CVS) before we fly on Friday to Florida?

But the rest of us will have to wait until Saturday...no way for us to do on Friday...long flight.

I'm so stressed about this timing and trying to find a place in Port Canaveral.

20 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So we can get him tested at home Thursday (CVS) before we fly on Friday to Florida?

But the rest of us will have to wait until Saturday...no way for us to do on Friday...long flight.

I posted the chart on page one of this thread.  I think that’s the chart you were looking for.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

just find a CVS/Walgreens there.

I saw a station for vaccinations and tests AT the Orlando airport. I am sure the tests are not free, though.

Depending on when you sail - the rules may change by then.

• Like 1

I have not received an email. AND I’m not “taking a stand” just was curious. But thanks! 

Did you book recently?  Did you book through royal or a TA? And have you checked in yet?

don’t worry, you have plenty of time. If you happen to live in Austin, I have 3 unused proctored tests to do over the internet you can have. They expire 12/18. They were my backup plan. 

Edited by AustinCruise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Testing negative two days ahead doesn't guarantee you're in the clear.  Last month my double vaccinated brother tested negative on Friday and gleefully left for his Sunday NCL sailing.  Unfortunately they rapid test everyone before entering terminal and he came up positive.  Had to wait outside for three hours while they retrieved his luggage.  Offered him a hotel but elected to return home on his own.  Received full refund but really bummed.

5 hours ago, Dizzypig1478 said:

How many of you have been turned away for not having a PCR or Antigen yes? My sister and I are both vacc and boostered and I just found out we need a pcr or antigen test 2 days before cruise. I found out by reading SMALL print? What info do you have? 

yeah you have too.  We know that and get them

5 hours ago, Dizzypig1478 said:

Cruise line expects you to read the links they send you. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Testing Requirements

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet U.S. CDC boarding requirements.

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. NOTE: Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.

If you're travelling to the U.S. from another country, you'll also need to take a test to enter the U.S.
Learn more about this requirement

Have questions about which tests are accepted?
Read Our Detailed FAQ On Accepted Tests

Sailing       Test (no earlier than)

Sun             Fri

Mon.           Sat

Tue              Sun

Wed             Mon

Thu              Tue

Fri                Wed

Sat               Thu 

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

My daughter lives in greater Orlando & said there are a ton of places near her.  Maybe you can google places near MCO?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

"

It is only the unvaccinated children under 12 that are excluded on day of boarding.    They must do their test no more than 3 days before and Royal will re-test the children when they arrive at the terminal.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, poocher said:

My daughter lives in greater Orlando & said there are a ton of places near her.  Maybe you can google places near MCO?

Thanks but we arrive at about 4:00pm on Friday..picking up our rental car and then have to drive to Port Canaveral hotel...so much going on that day. We would prefer to get the test done in Port Canaveral Saturday morning. So we need to find a place there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

Where did you see excluding day of sailing? I have only seen 2 days before boarding - so for Saturday sailing test Friday.

That just means that your sailing date does not count as one of the 2 days before boarding.  So you have a max of 2 days prior to your embarkation date to do your test.  (It does not mean you can't do a rapid antigen test on the same day you sail.  You can.)  So if you sail on Sunday, you must test no earlier than Friday, which would be 2 days before Sunday.  But if it worked for you to do it on boarding day, you could test on Sunday since that would also be within the required timespan.

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Excluding day of sailing.   For instance, I'm sailing this Saturday on t Mheariner and got my antigen test today (Thursday).  Mine was negative and ready to sail.

You can actually take the test on embarkation day as long as you take it and get the results before you check in at the port. 

10 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

That just means that your sailing date does not count as one of the 2 days before boarding.  So you have a max of 2 days prior to your embarkation date to do your test.  (It does not mean you can't do a rapid antigen test on the same day you sail.  You can.)  So if you sail on Sunday, you must test no earlier than Friday, which would be 2 days before Sunday.  But if it worked for you to do it on boarding day, you could test on Sunday since that would also be within the required timespan.

Judy, just save this handy dandy chart that was posted above, and use that as the explanation.

on which days can you take your pre-cruise covid test.jpeg