Great Cozumel excursion

Katsumom

We were looking for something different to do in Cozumel and decided to try the Cozumel food tour from Cozumel chef. We met at Mega and proceeded to go to several stops at small local eateries and toured the local market learning about the native produce. Gerry our guide was knowledgeable and accommodating to our tastes. My husband doesn’t like fish but ended up deciding to try it and boy was he happy he did, he loved the fish…and the tacos, and quesadillas, and soda de limon, and fresh tortillas. Our only advice is don’t eat breakfast because you sample so much food.  You also get to try different beverages - try the disgusting looking barley water it is sooooo good.   I have to say this was one of the best excursions we have ever been on!

D241F0C7-1E0D-4365-8E03-246434CA1869.jpeg

835DE3DB-9CB9-4328-9E41-D38C49AB96C1.jpeg

2B57C590-4A5E-4258-BB43-5F7C0FF01917.jpeg

10CA8991-4604-4F23-B1D1-7716B4DC475E.jpeg

12 hours ago, Katsumom said:

We were looking for something different to do in Cozumel and decided to try the Cozumel food tour from Cozumel chef. We met at Mega and proceeded to go to several stops at small local eateries and toured the local market learning about the native produce. Gerry our guide was knowledgeable and accommodating to our tastes. My husband doesn’t like fish but ended up deciding to try it and boy was he happy he did, he loved the fish…and the tacos, and quesadillas, and soda de limon, and fresh tortillas. Our only advice is don’t eat breakfast because you sample so much food.  You also get to try different beverages - try the disgusting looking barley water it is sooooo good.   I have to say this was one of the best excursions we have ever been on!

D241F0C7-1E0D-4365-8E03-246434CA1869.jpeg

835DE3DB-9CB9-4328-9E41-D38C49AB96C1.jpeg

2B57C590-4A5E-4258-BB43-5F7C0FF01917.jpeg

10CA8991-4604-4F23-B1D1-7716B4DC475E.jpeg

That looks so interesting, was this booked through the cruise ship?  If independent, what was the name and how did you find them?  

2 hours ago, jas283a said:

That looks so interesting, was this booked through the cruise ship?  If independent, what was the name and how did you find them?  

https://www.cozumelchef.com/services/foodtourscozumel/

We have known the company a long time. We did  the cooking class many years ago. We had a gift voucher from an independent vendor we needed to use up and they were on the list.

you are driven around to the different venues away from the tourist areas.

Edited by c-leg5

We booked through Cozumelchef.com. It was just the two of us, our great guide Geraldo (Gerry) and a taxi driver.  They have great communication and are top notch.  I want to go back and try the cooking class they offer. 

42 minutes ago, Katsumom said:

We booked through Cozumelchef.com. It was just the two of us, our great guide Geraldo (Gerry) and a taxi driver.  They have great communication and are top notch.  I want to go back and try the cooking class they offer. 

We did the cooking class about 10 years ago. It was also good and very hands on.

Edited by c-leg5