How safe do you feel?

ISABELLA

Within the limitations of a Celebrity ship I personally think its probably the safest place in the world to be right now, and from reviewing a number of other lines health protocols I also think Celebrity is by far way out in front.

But as highlighted what happens pre-cruise and during the cruise (off the ship) is purely down to the responsibility of the individual and nothing to do with the company. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiseImage said:

But as highlighted what happens pre-cruise and during the cruise (off the ship) is purely down to the responsibility of the individual and nothing to do with the company. 

I agree with the exception of Celebrity shore excursions where my opinion and others is that Celebrity is failing to follow their stated protocols.  Yes they are sub contractors but are contracted by Celebrity.

• Like 1

I have felt undecided as to whether or not to take excursions, how safe is it? Are spaces restricted? is there a healthy distance? Thinking twice right now I prefer to get off just to know the surroundings near the pier. And if there is nothing to see then I stay on board, I really do not want to catch the virus. What do you think?

Edited by gerelmx

3 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I have felt undecided as to whether or not to take excursions, how safe is it? Are spaces restricted? is there a healthy distance? Thinking twice right now I prefer to get off just to know the surroundings near the pier. What do you think?

For our upcoming Holiday Cruise, we are taking either private or small group tours independent from Celebrity for the sole reason of not wanting to be contact traced to a positive COVID case by someone on our bus.  We use Viator or Tours By Locals to arrange private or small group tours.  You do lose some protection that is provided by taking official Celebrity tours (like the ship won't leave without you), but we feel the value of being independent is worth the small risk of missing the ship. 

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

That's not how it works. If you are contact traced you are tested and remain in your cabin until the result is in. Test negative and you are free to continue the cruise. That's what happened on Silhouette. Also the ships production theater singers and dancers where in isolation on the ship due to 1 cast member testing positive. All production shows cancelled and extra guest entertainers brought onboard. 

Yes it is how it works. You are not allowed on the next cruise,  regardless if you test negative.  You are allowed to end quarantine once you test negative. 

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Yes it is how it works. You are not allowed on the next cruise,  regardless if you test negative.  You are allowed to end quarantine once you test negative. 

This is my 4th attempt to post an apology - the site keeps going down. I was referring to the situation for single cruises where you are not put off the ship when you test negative after a close contact with a positive case, not how it affects B2B. My error.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

You are allowed to end quarantine once you test negative.

Agree it was that way in August.  Lately I've been reading that you take 1 test right as you are identified as close contact then another one 24 hrs later.  During this time you are to stay in your cabin.  Upon the second negative test you are free to resume your cruise but must wear a mask outside of your cabin.  I believe Celebrity does compensate you for the time in isolation.

• Thanks 1