Report from the Noordam - Maiden Voyage

RevNeal

noorreportban.jpg

Greetings from New York! I arrived Sunday LATE but alive and happy to be here. I cannot believe that this maiden voyage is finally here!

Today I did some foot-touring around New York, including a trip to the top of the Empire State Building. From there I got a view of the Noordam, already at her pier waiting for me to board her for her inaugural 10-day cruise. Tomorrow, I and several of our fellow CCers will be on a "Limo Voyage" around town, and then a group will meet for drinks and dinner tomorrow night. Wednesday morning I will be boarding the Noordam for the Dedication Luncheon, the ceremony, and then her departure on her first 10 day cruise. And, yes, YOU TOO can join your fellow CCers on this wonderful voyage! How?

Just watch THIS thread for my reports LIVE from the Noordam, beginning Wednesday night (probably late). Your fellow CCers and I are going to get this lovely damnship off on her first cruise RIGHT. :D

noorreportban.jpg

Greetings from New York! I arrived Sunday LATE but alive and happy to be here. I cannot believe that this maiden voyage is finally here!

Today I did some foot-touring around New York, including a trip to the top of the Empire State Building. From there I got a view of the Noordam, already at her pier waiting for me to board her for her inaugural 10-day cruise. Tomorrow, I and several of our fellow CCers will be on a "Limo Voyage" around town, and then a group will meet for drinks and dinner tomorrow night. Wednesday morning I will be boarding the Noordam for the Dedication Luncheon, the ceremony, and then her departure on her first 10 day cruise. And, yes, YOU TOO can join your fellow CCers on this wonderful voyage! How?

Just watch THIS thread for my reports LIVE from the Noordam, beginning Wednesday night (probably late). Your fellow CCers and I are going to get this lovely damnship off on her first cruise RIGHT. :D

I'm looking forward to this cruise, with your help that is. Have a wonderful cruise!

WOW - so looking forward to this thread. Since I never won the lottery (as you know since I'm not there paying for your cruise) I am truly looking forward to your posts. Please let Brian, Laura, Sonny, Ziggy's parents and all of the CC'ers lucky enough to be on the cruise that we wish them Bon Voyage and have an incrediable expierence.

P.S. You might as well be in NYC as it finally got cold and yucky here in Texas.

Your post s are so very nice.

Welcome to the Greater NYC area again.

A FREE WiFi and Wireless spot is next to the NY Public Library. On the Opposite sides of the Lions. Which is Bryant Park. Yes there is a Bryant Virginia too .. Roseland, VA 22967 is the PO and Bethlehem is the UMC there.

The ship has been on the Broadcast news here.. I have seen it quickly on CBS which is Channel 2 on VHF.

Your time aboard will be well spent and the quality everyone will provide is such an asset to the ship, line and NYC too.

Thanks for being you.

God speed.:D

Greg-you must be more excited than usual for this special cruise!

We will have to cruise on the new Noordam vicariously through your posts and those of other lucky CCers.

Have a great time in the Big Apple and BON Voyage!

Welcome to our hometown, NYC, RevNeal and the other CCers! We know you will have a fabulous time here. We're looking forward to meeting up with you on the ship! We caught great video of her on the local news tonight.

See you Wed (or Thursday at the get together!)

Greg,

I'm really looking forward to your reports and photos - I really do wish I could have been on this cruise and am sorry I'm not able to meet you and the rest of the CC crowd.

It will be particularly nice to read your reports as of course my friends Stephen & Ruth Card will be on board, so I can follow their progress through you :) !

Make sure you get Stephen to show you the new book - it is great!

Wow! I'm getting to travel along on the Noordam's maiden voyage! That's RevNeal. I'll be looking forward to your onboard reports. I can't believe this sailing is actually about to start. It's seemed a long time in coming.

Blue skies ... and smooth sailing ...

--rita

Dear Rev Neal:

My wife and I will be there at the Noordam on Wednesday to see you off and attend the HAL ceremony to which we have been invited. We are sailing on the 15th of April to Rome and doing a back to back Rome to Rome on the first of May on the Noordam .We return home to NYC on May 11. We look forward to your reports on CC from the Noordam. We have never sailed on a Vista class ship. We are 300 day Mariners. HAL is our favorite cruise line. Enjoy NYC .It's a great city and you will have sunny and great weather for sailing out of NYC. Bon Voyage and keep us posted. We appreciate your taking time to inform us all./ God Bless! ENJOY!

Archived