Report from the Noordam - Maiden Voyage

RevNeal

Greg, I'll be hanging on your every word even more tightly that usual---I booked the Noordam's 3/15 cruise yesterday!

If you get a chance, please tell Kory in the Piano Bar that I'll be back! (If he can't quite place me from last Friday night :confused: just say "spell-check for lyrics".;) )

Good for you, Ruth! Were all the fantastic feedback and photos just too much for you to take? Or are you pining for those luscious pillow chocolates? ;)

A little bit of everything? The fact of the matter is longtimecruiser had the same reaction when she visited Tuesday---so much so that she called Seattle from her cell phone and booked! Then she called me to let me know, and to say she wanted me to come, too.

Well, Mummy always said "refuse no invitations!", so with no consideration about anything I said yes. I was able to reschedule some important appointments and here I am!

Recently a very dear friend called me "wild and adventurous". Maybe he's right. :confused:

Recently a very dear friend called me "wild and adventurous". Maybe he's right. :confused:
Absolutely! While there are often time, health and financial considerations that can stand in the way, we occupy this planet for only a finite amount of time. We should all to everything we can to make the most of our adventure opportunities, because there will come a day when we're no longer able to do it. The last thing I want is to arrive at that time and have "what if" regrets. Go for it while you can. I'll bet you all will have a wonderful time!

Greg, I'll be hanging on your every word even more tightly that usual---I booked the Noordam's 3/15 cruise yesterday!

If you get a chance, please tell Kory in the Piano Bar that I'll be back! (If he can't quite place me from last Friday night :confused: just say "spell-check for lyrics".;) )

Ruth, I am soooo verrry excited for you:D When we first heard about the Noordam and wanted to go back last year this would have been the cruise we went on, then decided against it:o You will have so much fun.

Thanks Rev, knew you'd be getting weather with that front moving off the Virginia Capes. Fortunately for us back in New England, it's going to pass far enough south to not give us more of the darned white stuff. Glad to hear that the ride is smooth dispite the weather. Looking forward to our trip with my parents and brother and his wife in December

I was so excited that at the end of the Dedication Ceremony, Brian and Rev made it down front to where we were seated and we got to say a quick hello. We couldn't linger as 'we were wanted elsewhere', but I was really happy to meet Brian and to see Greg again.......we had met briefly earlier in the day.

I was sorry we didn't meet Laura and Sonny or any of the others.

Continue to enjoy....all of you.

My wife and I sail on the next trip March4 and are wondering how the mood on the ship is. We are concerned that the tragedy in the Phillipines has sobered the crew. I have also wondered if I will be able to download my digital camera and burn images to a cd using the ships computers. Have a wonderful trip!

Oilbrnr, I assume you meant that you are concerned about the emotional health and well-being of the Noordam crew. It would be unfortunate for someone to be so uncompassionate as to think that he or she might have to deal with a "sober" crew due to another's death, and that dealing with that "sober" crew would somehow significantly harm his or her all-important cruise vacation. But I know you posted out of concern, not out of self-interest, right?

I have also wondered if I will be able to download my digital camera and burn images to a cd using the ships computers.
No, you can't. The computers in the Internet Center do not allow connection of external devices. However, for a price the ship's photo center will do it for you.

Ruth, I was so pleased to hear that you and longtimecruiser are both going on the March 15th sailing. Perhaps you will also post from the ship?? Hope you both have a great time, and only wish you were both going to be on our April 5th sailing.

I have reread my post from last night (my very 1st here) and understand how Christy could be angered by it. As someone who has been touched by tragedy on a massive scale I feel that at times I can speak in "broad strokes". I appologize to her and all of you for any misinterpertation of my concerns.

Nice, Ruth!

Now I just have to make sure not to let you be a bad influence on me. Right now I can't afford to be booking another cruise ... but that Noordam is sure tempting ... and right out of New York too! No stinking airplane flight.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Dear Rev.,

So glad to read your wonderful reports and soon we will all see your great photograpy too....did you take pictures of all the NYC comings and goings? Happy Trip and I look forward to reading and seeing more.

LHC

Greetings from the Noordam ... and our Second glorious day at sea! Yesterday was truly a very pleasant day! The weather was a mite chilly and we had some strong wind, but otherwise the seas were either calm or only moderate. We've still not had rough sees at all. We had some rain yesterday, and last night as several of us walked the outer and upper decks we noticed that the sea spray was reaching all the way to the observation deck. The wind was so strong that the ship had a definite port-side list.

Yesterday evening's formal night was EXCEEDINGLY WELL attended, with MANY tuxedos in clear evidence. If I do say so myself, our CC gentlemen were all quite dashing, and our ladies were stunning. :) It was a very elegant evening, and just about everyone I saw was having a wonderful time.

Today we're finally far enough south to have temperatures in the low 70s, and they're only going to rise during the day. The sky is still overcast, and the wind is brisk, but lovely. It promises to be another quiet day at sea ... truly a blessing (and my favorite kind of day).

In answer to one question: Dining time is the standard Early/Main - Upper/Lower division ... not the test currently underway on the Oosterdam. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed ... I would have preferred the new schedule.

My friends ... bless all of you and we wish you were all here.

Archived