The Daily for Friday December 17, 2021

richwmn

2 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Thanks Dailyite friends for all of your thoughts and prayers for my sister's hip replacement procedure.  We've been informed that everything went well and that she will be home later this afternoon.  I can't believe that hip replacement is an out patient surgery, sort of like getting new tires on your car. 

That is pleasing news that everything went well with your sisters hip replacement.

I'm surprised she is being allowed to leave hospital so quickly but it is probably a good idea with Covid19 patients in hospital.

Graham.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Thanks Dailyite friends for all of your thoughts and prayers for my sister's hip replacement procedure.  We've been informed that everything went well and that she will be home later this afternoon.  I can't believe that hip replacement is an out patient surgery, sort of like getting new tires on your car. 

With a huge success & fast recovery rate. Maybe not quite as easy as tires.😎

• Like 12

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily and to all contributors.

Good days. Pure maple syrup is a treat. A big salute to the Wright Brothers. I don't own an ugly Christmas sweater, but some are amusing.

I'll pass on the rice with pineapple. The drink looks yummy, but high calorie. The wine sounds good.

I haven't been to Taiwan. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm late today. I had an Ophthalmology appointment today. My eye pressures were good and the doctor saw no inflammatory cells in either eye, despite my 2 recent flare-ups. So I'll just continue the increased drops in the right eye. BFF continues to do well since the antibiotics.

@kazu Prayers for Jose and you.

@Himself I hope you are doing okay.

@Mr. Boston Great that your sister's surgery went well. Wow, on home today! Maybe hospitals are too full of Covid patients, so safer at home any way.

@Seasick Sailor That must be so hard for Walker's wife. And ugh on that boorish guy.

@1ANGELCAT I'm glad your nerve conduction test went ok. The one I had they shot little electrical currents down the nerves.

@StLouisCruisers Congrats on saving so much $$$!  Safe travels.

@marshhawk I never heard of them requiring twice the purchase amount on a gift card!

@smitty34877 Aww, love the picture of smiling Miss Camilla. Continued prayers for Tana.

@mamaofami Scary about the mold. I run a humidifier in my bedroom. I guess I should check my shades.

@aliaschief Congrats to your daughter. Quite an accomplishment!

@Crazy For Cats Jake, so sorry to hear of your DM's fall and broken arm.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your masks when needed.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you, Rich, for The Daily and to Roy for the Care and Celebration Lists!

I have a question for anyone who has cruised on the new Rotterdam....was the dining room or other eating areas on the cool side with a lot of air conditioning? 

☺️Happy Weekend and prayers for all in need!🙏

Katie

Hi Katie,

We are on the Rotterdam now. Tamarind was chilly. We wore light sweaters. Pinnacle was very nice temp. Dining room is not as chilly, but it depends where you are seated. Lido is comfortable. You know it could change at any minute,  right;)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon from the Oregon Coast.  Left foggy Vancouver WA this morning so sunshine is a very welcoming surprise.  Still cold and we have a fire built and pellet stove going to warm us up.

Haven't read all the news here today but wanted to reply before we headed into town to run errands.

Our prayer list sure has grown so am keeping everyone close it prayers.  

Cheers to those celebrating.

I have several Christmas sweaters I wore when teaching...wouldn't call the the ugly ones..at least they weren't back then!

We are doing Chinese takeout tonight.  Has been a while and with having to take a detour traveling here due to part of I-5 closed due to an accident...I am not in the mood to cook.

And we will have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Which is an added bonus!

Have a great rest of your day, everyone.  As always, stay well and safe.

• Like 14

@highscar

Thanks for the information. I found the listing of the liquor stores just after I posted. The provincial website was only listing the malls or perhaps I missed the section listing the LCBO's.

I did go to my local LCBO , not so much for the test kits but to stock up for the holidays (although it will be just be DH, DS and myself). The store had many signs through out saying they had run out of all kits. I'll have to try first thing in the morning.

Edited by Cruisepucks
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hi Katie,

We are on the Rotterdam now. Tamarind was chilly. We wore light sweaters. Pinnacle was very nice temp. Dining room is not as chilly, but it depends where you are seated. Lido is comfortable. You know it could change at any minute,  right;)

Thank you for your response---if all goes as planned, we will be on the Rotterdam very soon and celebrating the holidays!  We just returned from Europe, and I had my cold Christmas Markets and now my husband wants a warm holiday!  

My husband's aunt will be joining us and anyone speaking French will be of great help!  ☺️Katie 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I had to laugh - right after your post, @USN59-79posted a photo, and I thought it was the lineup for the tests -

HaHa!  Although they do seem to be socially distanced.

We had been debating what to do about a family gathering at Xmas, and the government just decided for us.  Indoor gatherings of 10!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@tjcox9I loved the pictures.  That bug?  Protein. The Indian chief looked like a black panther to me, but heck I'm a cat mom, i see cats every where.

@aliaschiefMy dad grew up in Vermont, South Woodstock, and grandpa was the manager at the Upway Farm (now the Green Mountain Riding Stables.)  Maple syrup runs through my blood.  In fact my BFF orders me a pint from Sugarbush Farms for Christmas every year, and ships it south.  It arrived today, but to someone else, and they drove my box across the street to me.  LOL.  That's one way to meet a neighbor after living here for 16 years.

I am sorry that folks are missing Aruba.  We actually were supposed to be on a cruise in January going there, and then along came Covid, so that trip got changed and we are now going to be doing a Panama canal cruise in 23.  

I had a rough day being a telemarketer for symphonies.  Either folks don't want to wear masks, so they don't want to come, or they do want to wear masks, and have proof of vaccine, but they wont come because the symphonies are not all asking for that.  Danged if we do, and danged if we don't.  Personally, I feel like I am selling tickets to the Titanic when i know the outcome of the cruise.

Please take care of yourselves.  I know I'm new to this thread, but I get warm fuzzies from your friendship.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Thanks for a bit more info on the Gorge. 

You are welcome.  Probably should have put come captions on the pictures.  That bug was actually in the restaurant we were in, but it didn't look very threatening.

Ray

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Prayers for Jose, Jacqui, Father, and Roy.

A beautiful day in Bonaire in between soft rain drops. People would be walking off the ship, taking the corner at the pier and turning around back to the ship? Island security wanted covid cards. I had mine 😉 I took the walking tour and shopped. Nice town.

A very nice dinner tonight! Salad, crispy duck, red cabbage, mashed potatoes and gravy. Going up to Crow's Nest for "dessert" 🙂

Ran to get my computer and our towel animal is so cute! The schedule on the bed still shows Aruba tomorrow..

1217211007c.jpg

1217211901.jpg

1217210927a_HDR.jpg

• Like 22

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

You are welcome.  Probably should have put come captions on the pictures.  That bug was actually in the restaurant we were in, but it didn't look very threatening.

Ray

Hopefully it didn't eat too much of your lunch! As I recall, we did not have a bug lunch or any other kind in this port. 

• Like 6

The CC gremlins had me there for a while.   I couldn't like anything or make a post.  Ughh.  But, lots of strange things going on today.  I hooked up a new router this morning.  Of course, we went through all the normal problems of not finding the equipment and not connecting and then being able to sign on but not have internet access, etc.  Finally got all that straightened out and it wouldn't let me go to the website for the organization I work for.  It said it was a malicious site.  Turns out there is a security system with the router.  I unblocked the site and it blocked it right up again.  So, I had to figure out how to turn off the security system.  

@Mr. Boston  Glad to hear your sister is doing so well.   I stayed overnight with both knees, but was home the next day doing well.  

Sister Sue's power is back on.  They were estimating tomorrow at 5:30 pm  I'm glad they were wrong about that.  

I hope everyone is having a great evening.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

My sister sent me a message that our DM fell in a parking lot and broke her arm.  She is keeping me updated and I’ll check in with DM when we get home.

Jake, I’m sorry about your DM’s broken arm. Parking lots are the worst. Hopefully all she will need is a cast. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon all, I had the nerve test and all looks good,Whatever is causing the hand cramping is not that. I asked if it could be arthritis and he said possibly. 
At least I could understand this Dr.  They will continue to look for other things.

The suggestion to wear loose clothing was pointless as I was given a gown , just more inconsistency.

Have a good rest of the day ❤️

I get hand cramps from my arthritis especially in my thumb area but it’s tolerable. Worse when it’s cold. I hope that a diagnosis comes soon for you. 

3 hours ago, garlictown said:

Thank you for your response---if all goes as planned, we will be on the Rotterdam very soon and celebrating the holidays!  We just returned from Europe, and I had my cold Christmas Markets and now my husband wants a warm holiday!  

My husband's aunt will be joining us and anyone speaking French will be of great help!  ☺️Katie 

Katie, congrats on the last minute cruise. I’m looking forward to the Holidays on the Rotterdam also. 

@smitty34877 such a sweet picture of Miss Camilla!  She’s our Daily baby!

@bobpatj Congratulations on your January cruise!  Enjoy!  I’m sure it’ll be nice to get out of the cold weather. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Everyone has been great about masking, however yesterday I was getting a cup of tea and a huge monster of a guy came in wearing Speedo's, no mask, and a huge sun burnt belly to get iced tea. I turned around and this little waiter told him he needed a shirt and mask. The monster said "holy hell don't you have anything else to do but harass me" There's all kinds, isn't there?

And that is why I’m so sorry HAL has started offering free booze packages. It brings in the Carnival crowd.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Vict0riann I've been curious about which goodies you fell for at Trader Joe's in Bellingham 😊.  Hope you were able to find some new favorites.

I could have made a day of it!   DH hovered and put me off...  and he would only let me bring the small cooler, so I filled it with frozen artichoke hearts, ordered by DD, and the stilton with apricots (we tasted it after we got home, and it seems more like cheddar to me...) but we are saving most for Christmas.  I got a lot of jars - vegan sauces, butters, beans, etc.,  for DS and spicy sauces for DD, and kalamata olives for me.  Next time, hopefully in the Spring if we can travel down again, I will insist on the large cooler, I thought all those bags of beautiful frozen veggies looked wonderful, and I will tell DH to sit in the car while I shop.  

We were very lucky that we squeezed in our visit to the US before Trudeau has shut things down again and PCR tests are now required for all travellers returning to Canada even if the trip is under 72 hours.   

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Good evening to all.

Thanks Rich for the daily.

I am sorry that we do not have an update on Jacqui and Jose. My prayers are with them.

Roy, you are in my prayers in hopes your treatments are successful and this will take care of your problems

Thank you for keeping me on the cares list.  My autoimmune disease is wreaking havoc on my life.  I am still trying to cope with the pain.   

We have decided not to decorate this Christmas.  I can’t help and in deference to the passing of my BIL we will forgo putting up a lot of decorations. We are just not into it this year.

Congrats to all that are celebrating and prayers to all that need them.

I am having trouble reacting to posts.  it says that topic is not available.  Sometimes it doesn’t let me post at all.

Still asking Santa for a new iPad.

Hope everyone had a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Glad your sister's surgery went well, but am surprised they let her come home the same day.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

The CC gremlins had me there for a while.   I couldn't like anything or make a post.  Ughh.  But, lots of strange things going on today.  I hooked up a new router this morning.  Of course, we went through all the normal problems of not finding the equipment and not connecting and then being able to sign on but not have internet access, etc.  Finally got all that straightened out and it wouldn't let me go to the website for the organization I work for.  It said it was a malicious site.  Turns out there is a security system with the router.  I unblocked the site and it blocked it right up again.  So, I had to figure out how to turn off the security system.  

@Mr. Boston  Glad to hear your sister is doing so well.   I stayed overnight with both knees, but was home the next day doing well.  

Sister Sue's power is back on.  They were estimating tomorrow at 5:30 pm  I'm glad they were wrong about that.  

I hope everyone is having a great evening.

Debbie, good news your sister got her power back on early.  

After listening to the news today, I'm extra glad we got to cruise when we did.  From the looks of things,  cruising and travel may be curtailed again.  We did feel safe on the ship and in the ports

The cookies are finished.  I celebrated with a glass of wine. 🍷 Some may not look as good as in the past, but then I did not seem have a lot of time to do them this year.

Lenda

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, good news your sister got her power back on early.  

After listening to the news today, I'm extra glad we got to cruise when we did.  From the looks of things,  cruising and travel may be curtailed again.  We did feel safe on the ship and in the ports

The cookies are finished.  I celebrated with a glass of wine. 🍷 Some may not look as good as in the past, but then I did not seem have a lot of time to do them this year.

I hear you about the safety of cruising and being in the ports.  This is a strange time and we need to do what is necessary to keep us safe.  I talked with a friend of mine today who is a public health doctor and he thinks omicron will burn out quickly.  It will overtake Delta and because it is so contagious it will become the dominant strain.  Mutations that occur after Omicron may be more contagious, but they will generally be less dangerous.  That is the normal progression of a virus.  We will get through this!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Am very late to the daily today, thanks for all the reports and photos of the port, another we have not visited.

@smitty34877 gorgeous photo of Camilla, hoping forTana to improve.

@aliaschief Congratulations to your Daughter on becoming a Registered Nurse.

@Crazy For Catssorry that your DM fell and broke her arm, best wishes for her healing.

@rafinmd Roy, thanks for your reply yesterday

Concerned for @kazu Jacqui and Jose.

Have been out and about today, lunch down at Careys Bay.

DB and DSIL have heard that their grand daughter in the UK has Covid,  family isolating at home,, no doubt Santa will cope.!  

Omicron has now reached NZ, these are people returning from overseas, they are all  in hotel managed isolation.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2