Guy's Burger, meet Supply Chain

Tom-n-Cheryl

Just boarded the Conquest for a Christmas quickie. Made our way to "day 1 lunch" (Guy's Burgers).

It was mainly a visual (and handling!) issue - though still tasted good, but was surprised to see the burgers being served on small brioche buns! 🙂

i-28nnM4Z-X2.jpg

i-Rq9BQms-X2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Just boarded the Conquest for a Christmas quickie. Made our way to "day 1 lunch" (Guy's Burgers).

It was mainly a visual (and handling!) issue - though still tasted good, but was surprised to see the burgers being served on small brioche buns! 🙂

i-28nnM4Z-X2.jpg

i-Rq9BQms-X2.jpg

So the burger is the same, but the bun is smaller?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

So the burger is the same, but the bun is smaller?

As far as I could tell, it was the same size/type of patty. Not so much "where's the beef", but "where's the bun"!  😄 

As you can see, they were rather stingy on the fries, but I was basically full - so that worked out well!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

What a bummer, we'll be on the conquest on the 3rd.. Was already bummed that it was so far behind the boat we were on in terms of food choices

In her day, from a Carnival standpoint, the Conquest seemed to have plenty of options. Nowadays, it's just a notch above a Fantasy Class ship !!

Tom

• Like 1

I am starting to think the OP has it right - supply chain problem. On our cruise earlier this month on the Glory Guy's fries were different than usual (had some kind of coating on them) and the meat was greasy as if it had a higher fat content. But the buns were the same as always. It could be that different ships are able to obtain different food supplies at different times and it will just be hit and miss from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. That makes be feel better about my Guy's experience since we will be on the Glory again in a few weeks. There is hope!

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

So is this going to be your review, a teeny tiny burger and a pitiful number of fries. Or are you going on to the related masked enforcement policy 🤣 Perhaps photos of drinks with how much Achol you can consume 😁.More to follow please .🖖 Live long and prosper, which in human form means, party on.

Guest BasicSailor
29 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Perhaps a dumb question but can't they make their own rolls in the ship's bakery?

They were, don't know what's up with that. I noticed huge yeast rolls for burgers placed on trays to be baked wheeled about Guys burgers entrance.

Edited by BasicSailor