AIDANova retained in Lisbon over 52 positive Covid crew cases

Nunagoras

Don't want to break CC rules, just to give an independent news for the ones interested from my own Lisbon:

According to the Portuguese press AIDANova cruise ship is docked and retained on the main Lisbon's terminal from last Wednesday to Sunday, January 2 over a 52 operational crew members Covid outbreak. The ship carries around 4000 individuals, crew and passengers aboard. All the affected crew members were debarked with no to mild symptoms and are actually quarantined on Lisbon's hotels.

Link in Portuguese from the largest Portuguese Radio: https://rr.sapo.pt/noticia/pais/2021/12/31/cruzeiro-com-2800-passageiros-retido-em-lisboa-devido-a-surto-de-covid-19/266696/

Hope to have better news next year!

Have a happy new year wonderful CC community!...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

I wonder when (or if) the crew on that ship were boosted.

...And to turn all the situation more abnormal, there are no news of covid cases among guests. According to the Portuguese press, all the ones wishing to go ashore must have a negative test. Several have done them, and only operational marine crew tested positive...

Permit me an update on the AIDANova situation according to the Portuguese public Television:

There are now 12 new Covid cases in addition to the 52 from yesterday's count: 8 crew, 4 passengers.

AIDA to debark, at their expense, all the nearly 2800 passengers to the airport tomorrow in small groups so that they can return home in Germany on chartered flights.

The ship will continue docked in Lisbon at least till Thursday, January 6.

• Like 2

Permit me now the last update on the AIDANova situation according to the Portuguese public television:

All the passengers were debarked from the ship to the airport during the day and returned Germany on 28 chartered flights.

There are now 13 new Covid positive cases among passengers. Total outbreak numbers counting 77 positive cases; 60 crew and 17 passengers.

The ship departed Lisbon for Barcelona tonight at 8 PM (Lisbon time) with crew only, including 8 asymptomatic positive individuals. The remaining 69 positives will quarantine here in Lisbon's hotels for a week before returning Germany or the ship.

Fortunately things went the better possible. German passengers interviewed by the Portuguese public television were grateful to both AIDA and the competent Portuguese authorities on how this ordeal was eventually managed.

I hope never again to come to CC to post news like these. Hope that all this to go ASAP and that cruising can return all on its glory for our enjoyment forever and ever!...

Have a nice day!...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2