Quarantine guidelines

SistersInFun

Can members please help me to understand the quarantine policy if a guest tests positive for Covid while on board? I have heard different accounts of either 5 days or 10 days?? I am sure hoping 5 days is correct! 
Any information you can provide will be most helpful!

Thank  you!

I think that whatever anyone tells you, it's looking rearward and isn't necessarily accurate for today or the future; the rules are constantly evolving. the CDC change from 10 days to 5 days last week did not apply to cruise ships, so I know 10 days has remained in effect on for people on a Seabourn ship currently. But there are also unknowns about the ports of embarkation, disembarkation, and ports you are visiting along the route; the biggest and most worrisome concern is whether local authorities require a ship to offload passengers who have tested positive. To my knowledge, none of the cruise lines have provided a public version of their protocols for what happens under a variety of circumstances, so all we know are anecdotal snippets from passengers aboard ships which have positive cases of Covid. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, cruiseej said:

I think that whatever anyone tells you, it's looking rearward and isn't necessarily accurate for today or the future; the rules are constantly evolving. the CDC change from 10 days to 5 days last week did not apply to cruise ships, so I know 10 days has remained in effect on for people on a Seabourn ship currently. But there are also unknowns about the ports of embarkation, disembarkation, and ports you are visiting along the route; the biggest and most worrisome concern is whether local authorities require a ship to offload passengers who have tested positive. To my knowledge, none of the cruise lines have provided a public version of their protocols for what happens under a variety of circumstances, so all we know are anecdotal snippets from passengers aboard ships which have positive cases of Covid. 

Thank you for responding!

I’m currently in quarantine on a Seabourn ship. It’s 10 days when on a ship. I went into quarantine on the 5th. However, the ship gets to LA on the 11th, and I will be allowed to disembark as per the new CDC guidelines. I should also mention that I was fully vaccinated with booster as was my wife. I’m asymptomatic, and she’s negative, so we were separated. She gets out of isolation on Saturday. Also, all testing is finished for everyone except those taking international flights. 
  We were on the Silver Moon Transatlantic in November, and thought that the precautions taken on Silversea were FAR superior than Seabourn. We never really felt comfortable on this cruise, and tried to eat outside and social distance. I requested a test because my throat felt a little scratchy one morning. That’s the only symptom I had, and now feel 100% . I think there’s more than a few people walking around that have it, and think they only have a cold.  To be fair though, on the trans Atlantic in November on SS, the Omnicron had not yet appeared 

• Like 3