Suite queries

ozzysdad

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I thought that Princess allocated a certain area in one of the MDRs for suite and club pax, with no reservations required and a slightly different menu.

Yes they do .. but our experience on Sky Princess last August wasn’t fantastic.  The table allocated in the MDR was up a corner the menu offered was poor. The next three nights we ate in the different speciality restaurants and had wonderful meals but at an additional cost.  
I suspect P&O will be similar … Cunard offer Club dining which is a totally separate part of the MDR.  Princess club dining was no comparison .. we felt there were much better general tables available than being stuck in a corner.  Perhaps we were just unlucky and should have gone back but it was only a 4 night seacation so worth trying all the options.  It would work out expensive to eat in speciality restaurants for all our 14 nights on Britannia so hope that the MDR is a better experience.  

19 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

Pencil62…we had one of those B deck ( non corner) suites for a very sunny Staycation in July last year…we loved it! The balcony is huge! We wanted the corner suite on B deck as we had booked that fora cruise which was subsequently cancelled, but if booking again, I would seriously think about one of the two suites at the back instead. The only drawback is that you don't get full sun due to the canopy and obviously you cant chase the sun around the corner. Ive added a couple of photos ( I hope!) one from each direction. In the first, the sofa with blue cushions is out if shot behind the sun longers!We had friends next door so opened up the partition. 

4B9AE1E0-51C2-43D0-9253-AB6B920A7335.jpeg

0DCAD6B9-7ABF-4711-889E-C3A8DA1B6962.jpeg

B8212A13-E145-42BC-9B3C-B3B4FEF0B5A3.png

7 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

Pencil62…we had one of those B deck ( non corner) suites for a very sunny Staycation in July last year…we loved it! The balcony is huge! We wanted the corner suite on B deck as we had booked that fora cruise which was subsequently cancelled, but if booking again, I would seriously think about one of the two suites at the back instead. The only drawback is that you don't get full sun due to the canopy and obviously you cant chase the sun around the corner. Ive added a couple of photos ( I hope!) one from each direction. In the first, the sofa with blue cushions is out if shot behind the sun longers!We had friends next door so opened up the partition. 

4B9AE1E0-51C2-43D0-9253-AB6B920A7335.jpeg

0DCAD6B9-7ABF-4711-889E-C3A8DA1B6962.jpeg

Thanks for posting the photos. That extra space looks great. Not too concerned about the canopy, there'll be enough room to come home with a decent  tan. 

On 1/17/2022 at 3:56 PM, Pencil62 said:

We booked a balcony cabin for a Caribbean cruise on Britannia in December 23 at launch. At the weekend we decided to upgrade to an aft suite using our remaining fcc. Unfortunately all the corner suites were taken but we managed to book one of the suites at the back on B deck. Our TA then rang back about 30 minutes later just to say there had been a complaint about that suite from 2017 that she could see on the system and did we still want to go ahead with the booking?  From following these threads for a year or two I assumed it was something to do with soot from the chimneys or vents or suchlike and remember someone saying canopies have been added to stop the problem. She confirmed this was the case and I thanked her for ringing back and told her to go ahead with the booking.   I am so glad I have used this TA since we started cruising in 2013. I'm not sure P@O or some other TA's would have been so honest.

I'll guess that this is cabin B723.   We had B724 on the TA just after the canopies were added.  The occupants of B723 were sun lovers and she complained constantly but we were glad to have the option of a little bit of shade and also we could lie out on our loungers when it was raining stair rods Enjoy your suite, we did

9 hours ago, sueandphil said:

I'll guess that this is cabin B723.   We had B724 on the TA just after the canopies were added.  The occupants of B723 were sun lovers and she complained constantly but we were glad to have the option of a little bit of shade and also we could lie out on our loungers when it was raining stair rods Enjoy your suite, we did

Thanks sueandphil, we're looking forward to it. However we've got 2 trips on Azura this year to the Med to get us in the mood. 

• 8 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, ozzysdad said:

Well I have taken the plunge and booked a suite for a two week cruise (R406 Caladonia suite) on Azura, we opted for mid ship in the end as my OH isn't the best traveller, it looks in a fair location on the mid ship stairs and lifts, only snag may be being directly below lido deck but we shall give it a whirl, has anybody stayed in these mid ship suites on Riviera deck? there doesn't appear to be many Youtube cabin tours which is a shame but I like the look of the layout on Cruise Mapper, I think the sun on these suites will be minimal given the overhang covers all of the balcony but we will make the most of it. Thanks for all your advice.

Hello again, ozzysdad! I promised you a review of R406 back in January, so here it is.

We're half way through our holiday on Azura and about to set off from Malta to the Canaries.

The cabin has been fantastic. The amount of space more than makes up for any shortcomings. The furniture, carpets and curtains are all in good order and possibly new from the last refit. The balcony furniture, however is looking a bit worse for wear.

As for noise, there does tend to be a bit of stamping, scraping and rumbling from above in the mornings and evenings but nothing excessive. There was a bit of loud music filtering down from the lido on yesterday's sea day but I slept through most of it!

Anil, our butler has been very good. Very quick to sort out any problems. Currently waiting for an engineer to come and fix the air-conditioning.

There is a good WiFi connection in most of the cabin so the 'app' should work well.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask. We're here for another 9 nights.

DSC_0655.JPG

DSC_0654.JPG

• Like 1