Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

Booked Silhouette for May yesterday ship practically full. Celebrity agent said demand for all European cruises has gone through the roof due to passengers cancelling Caribbean cruises.

Maybe that will change when Infinity gets there?

Celebrity has put us in a bad position with its move of the Infinity Easter sailing.

We can not do the lift and switch option.  My daughter is a teacher. None of the choices match her spring vacation

We paid for the Infinity cruise with FCC  from 2 other canceled Celebrity cruises so we can not get our money back.  We also have a large OBC from our Visa card which we had applied to the sailing.  According to the current deadlines we stand to lose it all if we do not use it to book a 2022 Celebrity sailing by 3/31. And we already have deposits on summer and Xmas trips.

Our only option would be a Celebrity Caribbean cruise in April, but Iwe can not even book one until we receive the FCC.  From past experience issuing our FCC could take up to 90 days which would be too late.

Our TA contacted Celebrity to see if their is any flexibility, but Celebrity has not responded (no surprise) and from my previous experience with them flexibility is not something provide.

Hopefully our TA will get them to issue our FCC quickly.  Otherwise we stand to lose thousands of dollars.  

34 minutes ago, DEL67 said:

Celebrity has put us in a bad position with its move of the Infinity Easter sailing.

We can not do the lift and switch option.  My daughter is a teacher. None of the choices match her spring vacation

We paid for the Infinity cruise with FCC  from 2 other canceled Celebrity cruises so we can not get our money back.  We also have a large OBC from our Visa card which we had applied to the sailing.  According to the current deadlines we stand to lose it all if we do not use it to book a 2022 Celebrity sailing by 3/31. And we already have deposits on summer and Xmas trips.

Our only option would be a Celebrity Caribbean cruise in April, but Iwe can not even book one until we receive the FCC.  From past experience issuing our FCC could take up to 90 days which would be too late.

Our TA contacted Celebrity to see if their is any flexibility, but Celebrity has not responded (no surprise) and from my previous experience with them flexibility is not something provide.

Hopefully our TA will get them to issue our FCC quickly.  Otherwise we stand to lose thousands of dollars.  

So sorry to read about your situation.  This really is a mess, isn’t it?

1 hour ago, DEL67 said:

A similar situation happened to us in 2021. Our August Infinity cruise was canceled after final payment last June and we got a 125% FCC and the same day we booked a SS on the Equinox for August to replace our Infinity August cruise.  Our TA handled the whole transaction, and we did not need to put any more $ down on the new cruise. Celebrity said it would take 45 days for the FCC to be issued so we could pay for the Equinox cruise. Our cruise departure was August 27, and the FCC was issued August 7th and immediately applied to the cruise. We were nervous about the FCC being issued in time for the new cruise, but our TA kept telling us that Celebrity knew the situation and our new cruise would not be canceled. Hopefully it will work out for you and the April cruise.

1 hour ago, DEL67 said:

Celebrity will allow you to pay tax+fees and hold a booking until your FCC is created. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity will allow you to pay tax+fees and hold a booking until your FCC is created. 

My TA used pending fcc and put it in a courtesy hold so no out of pocket money for us. It worked because she did that for the cruise that got canceled and celebrity treated it as an actual reservation. 

I'm still trying to find a way out of this muddle Celebrity put us in by cancelling the cruises on "Infinity" - the three possibles they gave us to choose from don't really fit to our needs and possibilities regarding dates and ports visited. As we paid for half of the cruise with FCCs, we can't really change over to Azamara which otherwise we would do in a heartbeat . And I don't want to throw the FCCs into the bin, losing 3000 Euros. But due to several reasons we won't be able to book anything for the rest of the year after May. We also noticed when looking at prices for May and June sailings that obviously prices have been jacked up for desirable  European cruises into heights you have to rub your eyes first before believing them. So we have been hoping for Celebrity to help a customer by letting them choose another cruise, we would even haven chosen a far lower category to make up for the difference in prices.

Today, after a week of waiting Celebrity denied us choosing another ship and date. Furthermore we were told that the FCCs we hold will expire at the end of the year ( sailings) . A year ago, when we booked the April cruise we were told that we had to do the booking by February 2022 but the sailings could also be in 2023. So what is the true story, then? I don't dare asking CelebrityCruises again, fearing a still worse answer. 🥴

Thank you for letting me rant and reading my story of woes - that helps a bit 😥. And does someone have the correct answer for using the FCCs ? - ours was one of the first ever handed out in 2020.

Hey don’t apologize.  I’m still waiting for confirmation that I can use my FCC more than a year after the original cruise.  My TA is pretty confident but she said it could be 2 or 3 weeks before we know for sure.

A new update to enjoy (?) in our odyssey trying to find answers to our problems in finding a lift&shift to our April 24th. sailing on Infinity that got cancelled:

After finally, with much grumbling, agreeing to choose the offered alternative ( seen on this board) on Reflection, Celebrity suddenly told us this alternative is not possible to choose - but offered 3 transatlantics instead plus two cruises out of Southampton. They also denied us the promotion we had booked which included the flights which is a ton of money if we had to pay for them at such short notice. Supervisor not available - travel agency is doing their best but are blocked at every corner.

Where in Europe is somebody to be found at Celebrity's offices that has knowledge of their own letters they sent to customers?

2 hours ago, grayjay said:

A new update to enjoy (?) in our odyssey trying to find answers to our problems in finding a lift&shift to our April 24th. sailing on Infinity that got cancelled:

After finally, with much grumbling, agreeing to choose the offered alternative ( seen on this board) on Reflection, Celebrity suddenly told us this alternative is not possible to choose - but offered 3 transatlantics instead plus two cruises out of Southampton. They also denied us the promotion we had booked which included the flights which is a ton of money if we had to pay for them at such short notice. Supervisor not available - travel agency is doing their best but are blocked at every corner.

Where in Europe is somebody to be found at Celebrity's offices that has knowledge of their own letters they sent to customers?

Did they give you an explanation about why you were on a Med cruise and were given TA as alternative?

Some friends and I are thinking to jump to Azamara for a Turkey and Greeece cruise.

No word yet from my TA about FCC.

Edited by zitsky

Jeremiah, didn't X extend the "apply by" date to the end of this year recently? My TA got a confirmation of that  back from someone at X about 2 weeks ago. Also confirmed that we had until Dec. 31 or "one year" from original sail date to use by. 

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Did they give you an explanation about why you were on a Med cruise and were given TA as alternative?

Some friends and I are thinking to jump to Azamara for a Turkey and Greeece cruise.

No word yet from my TA about FCC.

No explanation why they gave us other "opportunities" to choose from, but we'll try to adapt ...

The problem still are the flights which definitely were included in the promotion and I can remember Celebrity's offer to (quote) "your reservation will be shifted at the same rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking." , = official notification by Celebrity.

So why should this fact even be discussed and opposed by Celebrity? I think the wording is very clear.

If it weren't for the dratted FCCs I would gladly jump on the Turkey and Greece Azamara cruise with you...😁

I also asked the same question as you did about the validity of the FCC and was told it expires by the end of 2022.

Another source said a year from original sail date - but what does that mean? In our case the FCC came from a cruise cancelled in the early spring of 2020, the cruise cancelled and talked about in this 18-pages-long thread is ( for us)  from April 2022. 🙄

Let's see what the new week brings - at least the end of the lift&shift opportunity...

I was looking at Infinity cruise for next Spring and found this interesting on the X website, looks like the Infinity is going to get Revolutionized before going back into service in the future. Talks about adding a Retreat deck, new cabins and a  Retreat lounge.

Here is the info from the web site:

Celebrity Infinity

Celebrity Infinity Along Panama Canal

Celebrity Infinity Ship

2/2/23

About This Ship

Inaugural Date

March 3, 2001

Occupancy

Set sail on Celebrity Infinity, the ship that will be turning heads. We’ll be adding new staterooms and The Retreat Sun Deck and The Retreat Lounge for our guests of The Retreat. Surrender your senses in the newly redesigned spa or shop in new retail boutiques. Whatever you choose, it’ll be the ultimate experience.

39 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I was looking at Infinity cruise for next Spring and found this interesting on the X website, looks like the Infinity is going to get Revolutionized before going back into service in the future. Talks about adding a Retreat deck, new cabins and a  Retreat lounge.

Here is the info from the web site:

Celebrity Infinity

Celebrity Infinity Along Panama Canal

Celebrity Infinity Ship

2/2/23

About This Ship

Inaugural Date

March 3, 2001

Occupancy

Set sail on Celebrity Infinity, the ship that will be turning heads. We’ll be adding new staterooms and The Retreat Sun Deck and The Retreat Lounge for our guests of The Retreat. Surrender your senses in the newly redesigned spa or shop in new retail boutiques. Whatever you choose, it’ll be the ultimate experience.

What does this mean celebrity infinity ship

2/2/23

Hope this doesn’t mean another ship change for the Antarctic season.

11 minutes ago, Saintskathy said:

What does this mean celebrity infinity ship

2/2/23

Hope this doesn’t mean another ship change for the Antarctic season.

I have no idea where  the 2/2/23 came from, this was for a March 11 cruise from Argentina to Chile we were looking at. Looks like the Infinity is still doing the Antarctic season but must be getting the update prior to then.

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have no idea where  the 2/2/23 came from, this was for a March 11 cruise from Argentina to Chile we were looking at. Looks like the Infinity is still doing the Antarctic season but must be getting the update prior to then.

Yes very interesting we have B/B starting February 25 sailing to Antarctic  then staying on and doing Patagonia ending in Valparaiso .This trip was originally booked on the silhouette then changed to infinity . I sure hope the  refurbishment is done prior.

1 hour ago, Saintskathy said:

Yes very interesting we have B/B starting February 25 sailing to Antarctic  then staying on and doing Patagonia ending in Valparaiso .This trip was originally booked on the silhouette then changed to infinity . I sure hope the  refurbishment is done prior.

Refurb is on hold

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

I wonder why X is promoting the 2023 cruises as being on Revolutionized ship on their website? I didn't think they had the cash to do any more.

Other than painting and required stuff. I believe all of the 2020 and 2021 scheduled refurbs were put on hold. 

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Other than painting and required stuff. I believe all of the 2020 and 2021 scheduled refurbs were put on hold. 

If you look at the Feb and March 2023 South American Infinity cruises under the description of the ship it says:

"Set sail on Celebrity Infinity, the ship that will be turning heads. We’ll be adding new staterooms and The Retreat Sun Deck and The Retreat Lounge for our guests of The Retreat. Surrender your senses in the newly redesigned spa or shop in new retail boutiques. Whatever you choose, it’ll be the ultimate experience."

• Like 2

Just checked the Caribbean sailings and they also make the same statement about new features on Infinity, so it would suggest that all or at least most of the “revolutionizing” will occur between now and her return to service.

Certainly good news for those of us who were sweating the South America season operating at all, now hopefully rewarded with a cosmetically fresh ship.

3 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Just checked the Caribbean sailings and they also make the same statement about new features on Infinity, so it would suggest that all or at least most of the “revolutionizing” will occur between now and her return to service.

Certainly good news for those of us who were sweating the South America season operating at all, now hopefully rewarded with a cosmetically fresh ship.

Edited by Saintskathy