The Daily for Thursday 01/13/2022

richwmn

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I live close to Sunderland and the Cathedral city of Durham.

Durham cathedral is impressive.

York Minster is 80 miles from us and is a must see.

North Shields cruise terminal is 15 miles from our home and have daily DFDS ferries to Amsterdam.

We started cruising in 2003 but before then we had several cruise ferries to Norway, Sweden and Holland from North Shields.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220113_224821.jpg

We have driven on the A1 and M1 many times.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Rowsby said:

We really need an "OH NO" button......so sorry....!!!!

14 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I can't like your post since your cruise was canceled, but I do like your attitude about the cancellation.

Lenda

14 hours ago, JazzyV said:

So sorry to hear this. I guess on to planning another one.

13 hours ago, dfish said:

I'm so sorry!   But now you can add on that second week in Norway.

12 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oh...I'm so sorry to hear this.  You were staying so strong, carrying on when most of your buddies bailed out.  

As you say, c'est la vie.  Gotta roll with the punches these days.  🤪

11 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@dobiemomI'm so sorry about the cancelled cruise.  Maybe you can work out something else before too long.  Good luck!

11 hours ago, erewhon said:

@dobiemomsorry that your cruise has been

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I’m so sorry that your cruise was cancelled.  Did you get a reason?  Hope you can go on another real soon.

At least you didn’t leave for NOLA yet.

How about a Staycation?

Terri

Thanks all (I hope I got everyone multi-quoting). In these covid times you almost have to expect changes all the time. We weren’t given a reason for the cancellation, but my guess would be there were so many cancellations it was not profitable to sail. Unlike the NA going to the Rotterdam, NCL doesn’t have another ship nearby (I guess). 

The good news is it looks like we ALL get cash refunds, even those canceling on their own a few days before NCL canceled the cruise. They were going to get FCC that had to be used before the end of this year. Refunds are supposed to be returned to the method of payment by 14 business days. 

I do have 2 cruises booked this year: Norway on the Rotterdam (moved from last year) and the MR on NCL Bliss. Plus Japan in 2023 but we’re thinking of moving that to 2024. Looking forward to visiting Amsterdam (3 nights) before getting on the Rotterdam (sorry @dfish I can’t stay on another week) and this will be my first time flying business class. 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Thanks all (I hope I got everyone multi-quoting). In these covid times you almost have to expect changes all the time. We weren’t given a reason for the cancellation, but my guess would be there were so many cancellations it was not profitable to sail. Unlike the NA going to the Rotterdam, NCL doesn’t have another ship nearby (I guess). 

The good news is it looks like we ALL get cash refunds, even those canceling on their own a few days before NCL canceled the cruise. They were going to get FCC that had to be used before the end of this year. Refunds are supposed to be returned to the method of payment by 14 business days. 

I do have 2 cruises booked this year: Norway on the Rotterdam (moved from last year) and the MR on NCL Bliss. Plus Japan in 2023 but we’re thinking of moving that to 2024. Looking forward to visiting Amsterdam (3 nights) before getting on the Rotterdam (sorry @dfish I can’t stay on another week) and this will be my first time flying business class. 🙂

Great multiquoting!   What Japan cruise are you on?  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I live close to Sunderland and the Cathedral city of Durham.

Durham cathedral is impressive.

York Minster is 80 miles from us and is a must see.

North Shields cruise terminal is 15 miles from our home and have daily DFDS ferries to Amsterdam.

We started cruising in 2003 but before then we had several cruise ferries to Norway, Sweden and Holland from North Shields.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220113_224821.jpg

why thanks for replying.  I have heard that a lot of nice ferries go from countries.  I witness the wonderful ferries in Norway as well as in the Baltics.

sounds like you need to visit the cathedral in Peterborough.  I will look up the Durham one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Well, it was worth a try.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

why thanks for replying.  I have heard that a lot of nice ferries go from countries.  I witness the wonderful ferries in Norway as well as in the Baltics.

sounds like you need to visit the cathedral in Peterborough.  I will look up the Durham one.

Thank you.

I will always reply to a friendly question.

Graham.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

I will always reply to a friendly question.

Graham.

We hope to visit Durham Cathedral.  Our son Is considering Durham University.  We’ve been to York and many cathedrals but not there, yet this is the area some of my DH had family in.  
I am hoping you can explain the term Geordie?  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We hope to visit Durham Cathedral.  Our son Is considering Durham University.  We’ve been to York and many cathedrals but not there, yet this is the area some of my DH had family in.  
I am hoping you can explain the term Geordie?  

Screenshot_20220114_224759.jpg

Screenshot_20220114_224323.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dobiemom said:

A word of warning about flying business class, especially if they have the lay flat seats, -- you will be spoiled and want to fly business on overnight flghts from then on.  The good news is we've found the cruise lines can get very good deals, compared to what we could get ourselves,  At least, that was the case pre-covid, and I hope will be the case again soon.

Lenda

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20220114_224759.jpg

Screenshot_20220114_224323.jpg

Thank you!  I knew it was very well rated, top five in the world for theology.  
I’ve been watching Vera and George Gently both set in the area. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser   So true!  Kind of like taking a Neptune upgrade🤷‍♀️😂

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 2