Arrival Time

75Vette

31 minutes ago, 75Vette said:

Does anyone know what happens if you have an arrival time between 10:00 and 10:30 and don't make it until 11:00 or so?

Thanks.

Guests that make it into line before their assigned time could be stuck in the terminal after check-in until their boarding group is called. Running late you would board as soon as your check-in is complete.

We are going out of Galveston, however, last month when we cruised our of New Orleans, we were stuck in road construction traffic for over an hour, and I was hesitant to schedule the earlier time.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I cruised out of Galveston in July and that is the one place I remember seeing 2 different signs (one for on time arrivals and one for early/late arrivals).  It was very organized and neither line was terribly long.

I don't see why ALL Carnival ports can't do it like that.  I've recently sailed from Tampa and Port Canaveral, neither one had anybody checking arrival times before letting people into the terminal.  There were folks taking up seats in the terminal waiting area with arrival times more than an hour in the future, allowing that just makes it difficult on everyone.

• Like 1

October cruise out of Galveston there were 2 lines, one very long one and one with no one in it with a man directing everyone including us to the long line. Both sign posts were turned around. We thought we were right on time. After a few minutes of waiting in the long line that wasnt moving we noticed the man now directing new people walking up to go to the empty line. We watch them walk right in while we are still not moving. Person in front of us points out that the sign posts have now been turned around and say on time/early/ late arrivals. They ask the guard person why we didn't get to go in the empty on time line like everyone after us and he says because we were 3 minutes early!

The way things are going, i dont think youre going to have much of a problem. We had a noon check in, we got there alittle after 12:30 with no issues. They had just started letting people on the ship at noon so it was a mess. I fell like this is not uncommon with everything going on so if i were you id maybe do a later check in. This was Canaveral btw