Cozumel Review

natters

Off the Sensation we docked at Playa Maya, personally I like Punta Langosta much better. We had rented a jeep from Avis and took a $6 cab ride into town to pick it up, the cab driver was CRAZY. We got the jeep and headed to the east side. We first went to Mr. Sanchos, ok but too pushy for us. Then we went to have our fish tacos at Playa Corona, the were just as good as last year. We then went to our favorite place, Palancar Beach, no charge and lots of tiki huts and hammocks right on the beach. They will bring your drink right to you and not expensive. We fell asleep in the hammocks there. Stopped by the Bob Marley bar and saw the girls take off their tops in front of the topless beach sign. You have to check out the little stone bulding that comes next called "Mirador", you can get beer but the guy sells it out of a cooler. Playa Bonita was ok, speak limited english and will not chill your tequila but the beach is just beautiful.ChenRio was next, outstanding beach with lots of rocks. The water was so blue and felt like silk on your skin. Coconuts is a must see place too, it is right on the bluffs and the sea will come over the edge and spray you, they have caves underneath worth checking out, be careful though, it's kinda rocky and hard to climb up there (especially after all we had aldready had to drink) Next, Punta Moreno, I had heard a lot aboutit but had not gone, it is such an interesting place, they have six rooms that rent for $10.00 a piece. The room numbers are written with a paint brush on the doors, no electric. You could definately hide out and get lost at a place like this. We didnt eat there but I have heard the food is really fresh and good. They had what they called a Mexican racoon called "Micki". he was awesome. We ended up at the bar at the end of the road "Mezcalito's", it was cool too, wish we could have stayed there longer but we had to get the jeep back by seven. In town we could already see the drunks coming out of Carlos & Charlies. PEOPLE BE CAREFUL, dont get me wrong, we are definately party and drinking people but we are seasoned. If you are not, be careful, people who are not use to drinking and get in trouble fast. A couple that we met got in a huge fight snd he left her at the bar and she got really sick, this sort of things happens a lot, so my advise is if you arent use to drinking a lot of shot...dont start now. Bad things happen to good people. But, it's also fun if you keep a some what straight head, just plan on feeling like hell the next day. We opted not to go this year and was glad, we had just as much fun at the deck party on the ship watching the people coming back.... Lots and lots of fun and if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask, I did take a diary with me and wrote down as much as I could.

good reveiw natters, and good advice to novice drinkers...there could be possible problems with that.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you are not, be careful, people who are not use to drinking and get in trouble fast <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great advice that I don't think I've ever read before

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Sorry Chris, I was in such a hurry to share my review, I forgot to proof read. What I meant to say was "If you are not seasoned drinkers, be careful, people who are not use to drinking can get into trouble fast" Hope that explains it better.

Hi natters!

I'm curious as to why you rented from Avis in town instead of at the Puerta Maya pier?

On your next cruise to Cozumel you can see where you will dock at Cozumel Insider.

It sounds like you had alot of fun!

Elation 11/2003

Conquest 01/2003

Jubilee 11/2002

Victory 02/2001

Destiny 02/2000

Geotide 11/1992

United States 06/1962

I think that most cab drivers in Cozumel are crazy. DH and I took at least 3 cabs when we were there in March and all were in a big hurry. I guess when it's you livelyhood you rush to make as much in one day as you can.

I agree about Carlos and Charlies. My husband and I love good mixed drinks but we each had 2 yards and 2 shots there and then went to Fat Tuesdays and had a yard! Needless to say, I don't remember much about getting back on the ship. I'm glad I made some great memories earlier in the day at Paradise Beach!

Paradise 3/04

Hey, we rented the Jeep from Avis a couple of months ago because I was afraid we would not be able to get one this year at the port, had heard it was going to be very busy, and at that time they did not know which port the ship would dock at, for whatever reason. Now, after the fact we saw that there were plenty of jeeps available at that port.

Also doing the jeep rental in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. Plan on hitting the beaches you described. Would also like to go to Paradise Beach. How did you work the "designated driver" thing on your trip? I don't want to even think about how Mexico deals with drunk drivers, I plan on one of the four of us to remain completely sober. You had mentioned that you were a bit tipsy by the time you got to Coconuts. Just wondering if drinking and driving is a huge concern on Cozumel.

Izzy

NCL Starward 4/92

NCL Wind 12/00

Adventure 4/02

Grandeur 12/02

<MARQUEE>Until Explorer in May!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500</MARQUEE>

Until Carnival Pride:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Roll Call Explorer 5-23

Roll Call Pride 10/17

I really dont think it is a big issue in Cozumel, I dont think they have a jail big enough to put all the drunks in. The roads out to the beaches are not crowed at all and it's in the middle of no where, I never even saw any police. I will tell you to look out for the poor guys that were installing pipe in the middle of the roads, they were in the holes and all you could see was the tops of their heads, the barricades were a couple of banana leaves arranged around the hole. I dont know how they survive, it was wild.

Natters ..we saw the policia twice while doing our little trip in the jeep and the last time they had a buch of scooters pulled over.

I would say better to be safe than sorry.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

I'm curious how everyone handles insurance on their car rentals in Mexico. I used to travel to Mexico a lot for work and we were always told to take the insurance because, if we had an accident, we'd be VERY glad we had it. We were told that they would take you to jail if you didn't have insurance and sort things out there. Just curious.

Carnival Miracle, April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;07;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til my next cruise fix on the Victory!

Archived