Crown and Anchor Society Members' benefits updated January 15th 2022

cublet

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

it was a dedicated section of the MDR.

Pros:  Usually no wait, free specialty coffee, usually the same staff.

Don't remember specialty coffee being offered but it was usually a quieter smaller area .  I found it more relaxing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

We turned Diamond from last cruise.  For breakfast MDR should we inform them the status or how it works out?.  The free specialty coffee sounds good and the same wait staff too.

Oh yes, please inform of your status

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Go to the MDR or WJ and you can appreciate those morning views.☺️

You can actually see out of the MDR windows😅

As far as WJ, I prefer being waited on most mornings. I'm over standing in line for an omelet

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sobro said:

I thought suites and Pins could arrive 30 minutes before check-in.  An hour will be much better for us because we were assigned a 2 PM slot and are in a Junior Suite.

It's an hour before the revised time slot if you get pushed back for deep cleaning

3 minutes ago, Sobro said:

I thought suites and Pins could arrive 30 minutes before check-in.  An hour will be much better for us because we were assigned a 2 PM slot and are in a Junior Suite.

Yes, Suites and Pinnacles can arrive 1 hour before or after their 30-min appointment time.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I liked the breakfast in Chops because I could eat with LMP😇😇

haha I sometimes avoid the D breakfast MDR area to avoid the LMPs 😁

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As far as WJ, I prefer being waited on most mornings. I'm over standing in line for an omelet

WJ at breakfast time is nightmare fuel for me. Carnage. Much prefer lounge or MDR 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

haha I sometimes avoid the D breakfast MDR area to avoid the LMPs 😁

WJ at breakfast time is nightmare fuel for me. Carnage. Much prefer lounge or MDR 

I take it you're a late rising night owl

5 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Yes when on holidays definitely a night owl, however usually an early riser. To compensate I have a ‘Nana nap’ after (wine) lunch most days 😁

Around here it's a Lala nap

I've often thought jammer is manageable early. Turns into zoo around 8:30

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

We turned Diamond from last cruise.  For breakfast MDR should we inform them the status or how it works out?.  The free specialty coffee sounds good and the same wait staff too.

As others have said, this perk is no longer being offered but, back when it was, I remember them asking to see my sea pass card at the door. They can tell your status from your card. 

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Around here it's a Lala nap

I've often thought jammer is manageable early. Turns into zoo around 8:30

Hello,

The Indy used to have an 'early risers' breakfast starting at 6.00/6.30 (port/sea days) when only the front section was open. It had tea/coffee/juice and only cold cuts , fruit and toast. It was a very civilised start to the day.

Regards,

Cublet

49 minutes ago, nelblu said:

For us non-pinheads and non-sueaties the WJ, MDR and other breakfast venues are just fine.😄

Second to that.  December cruise with reduced capacity the WJ was wonderful with plenty helps and plenty available tables only problem just could not eat ALL that offered.  

Hello,

And WJ was the only place on board the Anthem I could get a mobile 'phone signal during its UK coastal cruises in September & October last year.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
sp

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hello,

As a 'single' 'singleton', as I wait on myself every other day of the year, I like to be waited on both breakfast and dinner whilst on a cruise.

Added to that is, in my eyes, the completely irrational way some components of a meal are displayed in the WJ, you have to go on a forced route-march to complete the assembly of it by which time that with which you started has gone cold. Not so in MDR.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

For us non-pinheads and non-sueaties the WJ, MDR and other breakfast venues are just fine.😄

For the record, we don’t mind the MDR, if fact, I love their breakfast bowl.  Just don’t like getting shoved around in the WJ.  We are early risers, but there always seems to be pushy people and higher volume there.  Nothing to do with status.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There's  no line if you are the first in at 7 am😇

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 1