Princess Now Providing Complimentary KN95 Masks On Board

LACruiser88

5 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

It was either 3 per person...

Or, 3 per person per day...

Or, 3 per person per visit...

...depending on which news story I read.

I thought the masks were being made by 3M and Honeywell, and I would have expected

them to be like other 3M masks.

I understood it to be 3 per person. Period.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, dickinson said:

I ordered the adult.  Least amount you can order is 10 masks.  I did 20.  I have since placed another order for 50.  My dh and I will share these.  I think I read somewhere in some review that they run small.  Perfect for my face!  My dh has no problem.  I do find that the top just hits the bottom eyelid.  It bothered me a little at first but does not anymore.  I have a high nose bone but I am sure that people with lower bones wouldn't have the same problem.

I have to agree with you they run small. My KN95 arrived today (from Bonafide). I ordered 50. I have not opened up my N95 from them yet.

I still prefer this off brand that I got at Lowes and paid $2 a piece (for KN95) but they have yet to be found again.

I also received my COVID tests from the government. Mine are from iHealth.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I have to agree with you they run small. My KN95 arrived today (from Bonafide). I ordered 50. I have not opened up my N95 from them yet.

I still prefer this off brand that I got at Lowes and paid $2 a piece (for KN95) but they have yet to be found again.

I also received my COVID tests from the government. Mine are from iHealth.

I called BonaFide today because I never got an email confirmation even though they charged my credit card.  I had called them to order late on Jan 19.  Credit card was charged on Jan 20.  They said they were shipped today.  For some reason they had a wrong email address for me (wasn't even close) so never got a confirmation.  Neither my dh nor myself have any problem with their KN95.  As I said previously, I have a small face and the top hits me just a hair below my bottom eyelid.  Sometimes it feels like it hits it.  The cloth mask that dh had been wearing was way too big for me.  

We got free Covid tests a couple of weeks ago that our state government was handing out.  Expiration is October.  I hope we don't need to use them.

• Like 1

I Amon the Ruby now.  We were originally given 2, but they are more than willing to give you more if you need them.  People have been great at masking at all times, but not great about using the proper masks.  Lots of cloth and paper masks.  They lead them to water, but can’t make them drink.  I really don’t get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dickinson said:

We got free Covid tests a couple of weeks ago that our state government was handing out.  Expiration is October.  I hope we don't need to use them.

Our state is starting to hand out tests soon. Not sure when it starts.

48 minutes ago, memoak said:

Most states and feds are handing out non proctored home tests. These will not work for traveling

It is interesting - our state hasn't handed them out but they said the contract is with eMed and the picture used online is the same as what I ordered through Optum (Abbott AG test). It says they can also be used with a video call.

Though my comment had nothing to do with traveling.

Edited by Coral

2 minutes ago, MONARCHMONICA said:

We received the 4 free tests from the government...they can't be used for a cruise, but they are good until 1/23...so may come in handy.

Boarding the Ruby on Monday...negative tests this am!!

)))))

Did you get them in the mail?  

18 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I Amon the Ruby now.  We were originally given 2, but they are more than willing to give you more if you need them.  People have been great at masking at all times, but not great about using the proper masks.  Lots of cloth and paper masks.  They lead them to water, but can’t make them drink.  I really don’t get it.

What do you mean by "paper" masks? Are you referring to surgical masks?

10 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

What do you mean by "paper" masks? Are you referring to surgical masks?

9 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Yes.  They keep repeating on TV that you might as well wear no mask as they offer no protection.

I think if you listen again you'll see that they are referring to cloth masks offering very little (but not none) protection because the particles can get through the cloth.

This is a good source for information :https://dearpandemic.org/masks-and-omicron/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cdc-warns-loosely-woven-cloth-masks-protective-covid/story?id=82274150

"Any mask is better than no mask. But loosely woven cloth masks provide the least amount of protection and Americans in some cases might want to opt for higher quality masks like KN95 and N95 respirators"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, PurpleHays said:

I ( and most surgical staff) will beg to differ with this.

No further comments from me.

I saw one clip on TV, where a parent was quite irate that their kid's school was going to require masks.

(I offer no opinion on masks, political, or otherwise)

Anyway, the parent claimed that their kid couldn't concentrate while wearing a mask.

I thought, of course, this is why when a surgeon reaches a very difficult point in a surgery, he/she tears off

their mask, so they can concentrate fully.

Same with with a naval aviator landing on a carrier deck at night...

At the last critical moment, they tear off their mask, so they can fully concentrate.

Call the ball!

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Curious to see what they provided, can you load a pic of one?  Keep reading about all these fake masks not being certified.  Would like to compare to what I have already purchased to see if they are suitable.  Thanks!

E4385E2C-4A86-44F0-9747-8DBD7DECED08.jpeg

This is what we got on the Caribbean Princess , first week in January.

(We brought our own KF94s, which I find more comfortable, so just wore those)

I'm not sure there's any way to tell from the appearance if the mask is fake. The KF94s are all made in Korea and so far none are fake. They really fit comfortably and also tightly around the face. They seem to be a little more expensive though.

Edited by chamima
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I saw one clip on TV, where a parent was quite irate that their kid's school was going to require masks.

(I offer no opinion on masks, political, or otherwise)

Anyway, the parent claimed that their kid couldn't concentrate while wearing a mask.

I thought, of course, this is why when a surgeon reaches a very difficult point in a surgery, he/she tears off

their mask, so they can concentrate fully.

Same with with a naval aviator landing on a carrier deck at night...

At the last critical moment, they tear off their mask, so they can fully concentrate.

Call the ball!

OMG. You have absolutely made my day! Thanks!

I like to take mine off at the end of cases when we're concentrating on something silly like the counts. You know, making sure the oxygen-deprived surgeons haven't left something inside your body. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I like to take mine off at the end of cases when we're concentrating on something silly like the counts. You know, making sure the oxygen-deprived surgeons haven't left something inside your body. 😆

I never saw a surgeon rip off his/her mask when they reached a difficult part of a surgery.
The counts are done before the patient is closed...you can't take off your mask yet!
I guess you are being factious.

Edited by suzyed

6 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Curious to see what they provided, can you load a pic of one?  Keep reading about all these fake masks not being certified.  Would like to compare to what I have already purchased to see if they are suitable.  Thanks!

this is what is being provided on Emerald Princess.  You can request more masks from your Steward, TV menu, or the App 

52B32DD3-72D7-4215-B4E9-9EDFFC0C9C2D.thumb.jpeg.d383d0872865c5ffea61c3ab04068b5e.jpeg

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

I never saw a surgeon rip off his/her mask when they reached a difficult part of a surgery.
The counts are done before the patient is closed...you can't take off your mask yet!

That was a joke!  Lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Why is it never their wallet that they leave?!?!?

15 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

this is what is being provided on Emerald Princess.  You can request more masks from your Steward, TV menu, or the App 

52B32DD3-72D7-4215-B4E9-9EDFFC0C9C2D.thumb.jpeg.d383d0872865c5ffea61c3ab04068b5e.jpeg

I think the only thing one can tell for sure is that it isn't NIOSH  rated/approved.

28 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Why is it never their wallet that they leave?!?!?

LOL!!!

28 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I think the only thing one can tell for sure is that it isn't NIOSH  rated/approved.

That's why we wear the KF94s.

But at least Princess is trying.

Celebrity is still passing out fabric masks. (Which I guess is better than nothing)

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, suzyed said:

Counts are done at the end of cases *during* closing. When surgeons start closing, we count. With our masks on. A final count is done after closing. At least that's the way we've done it for the 30+ years I've been counting.

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That was a joke!  Lol

Glad you got it!

• Haha 1