Carnival Pride balconies

5 minutes ago, Cruizin for a Bruizin said:

We are on the Pride on an upcoming cruise, with friends staying next door.  It appears that balconies have adjoining doors.  Do those doors open?

Some of them do, depends on where you are. we were in 8185 last week, and extended balcony, and the doors between the balconies opened.

1 hour ago, hurricane0226 said:

Some of them do, depends on where you are. we were in 8185 last week, and extended balcony, and the doors between the balconies opened.

We will also be staying in an extended balcony on the 8th deck.  Did you like the room?  Anything particularly good or bad? (I think we are under the pool deck - hoping it isn’t noisy!)

39 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

You'd have to ask the room steward to unlock the "door" if it is one of those that do open. Then it's a matter of keeping the curtains closed and sliding door locked some of the time!

Your room steward can't open the balcony partitions for you.  An adult from each of the adjoining cabins needs to go to guest services and make the request, then sometime the next day they'll have a member of the maintenance team open up the partition.

33 minutes ago, Cruizin for a Bruizin said:

We will also be staying in an extended balcony on the 8th deck.  Did you like the room?  Anything particularly good or bad? (I think we are under the pool deck - hoping it isn’t noisy!)

we were under the lido deck, sometimes you could hear the chairs being moved around in the early morning, but we enjoyed the extended balcony room.

Guest BasicSailor
46 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Your room steward can't open the balcony partitions for you.  An adult from each of the adjoining cabins needs to go to guest services and make the request, then sometime the next day they'll have a member of the maintenance team open up the partition.

Actually, you're both correct. Sometimes the steward can oblige without visitation to guest services.

33 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

.....Sometimes the steward can oblige without visitation to guest services.

I've never been that lucky.  Every time I've asked the steward about it I was told I had to go to guest services where a person from each room had to sign a form agreeing to it, most recently on Pride at Thanksgiving.  But hey, it never hurts to ask the steward about it, it could save a trip and waiting in line.

Edited by groundloop