Parrothead ready to sail

havanadaydreaming

Hmm.  We heard about this - interesting to see how it's going to do.   NCL had "Margaritaville at Sea" pubs and they did so-so.   We had the drink package and would go there for a few cocktails, maybe nachos.  At one time there was an amazing entertainer, Orly, that would play at certain times on NCL (I believe it was Escape?) and we would make an effort to check him out. I hope they can pull this off - I think there's a great market for quick getaway cruises to the Bahamas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 6:23 PM, F27TW said:

So am i right .... this is Bahamas Paradise cruise line just rebranded as Margaritaville Cruise Line?

Kinda tacky.

image.png.716b1f7e45b970576b91baec1f43de53.png

Why is it tacky? This is not BPCL paying Margaritaville for the use of their intellectual property, this is Margaritaville Corp using this as an attempt to get into the cruise business. Presumably they're going to sink a lot of money into this ship before attempting something larger. I recall Disney doing something similar decades ago.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Why is it tacky? This is not BPCL paying Margaritaville for the use of their intellectual property, this is Margaritaville Corp using this as an attempt to get into the cruise business. Presumably they're going to sink a lot of money into this ship before attempting something larger. I recall Disney doing something similar decades ago.

Indeed, several now-famous cruise lines started this way.  And later on, when it was time to retire their 'starter ship,' there was much lamenting from that ship's fans over the end of an era.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I wasn't clear .. i was just asking if it was Bahama Paradise actually operatingit since i know that was/is their ship (and it shows on their website).

What i meant was tacky was the paintjob on the ship and the stupid slogans all over it. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, F27TW said:

What i meant was tacky was the paintjob on the ship and the stupid slogans all over it. 

That "art work" is not much different than the hull art work on NCL ships.  Some of NCL's "art work" was to convey a message, i.e. Breakaway, Getaway.  Personally, I think the art work on this ship is meant to convey a message as well.  

26 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

That "art work" is not much different than the hull art work on NCL ships.  Some of NCL's "art work" was to convey a message, i.e. Breakaway, Getaway.  Personally, I think the art work on this ship is meant to convey a message as well.  

Right .. the message:    "Burp .. Party Barge".  

Which, i suppose, is a market left to fill now that Carnival is finally scrapping their old Fantasy class party  ships ... 

48 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Right .. the message:    "Burp .. Party Barge".  

You may be right and, if so, there is a market for that.  I have patronized a couple of Margaritaville's and Senor Frog's.  Not an imbiber of Margarita's, but my traveling companion said it was the worst she had ever drunk.  Senor Frog's?  Drinks were good; were strong; enjoyed the ambiance more than Mr. Buffet's establishment that I visited.  

• Like 1

You control what you drink. Not the ship. The bartenders are to stop and not serve anyone that is intoxicated. Reason. They are partly responsible for what happens. I will give it a try. Bet no more inebriated than any other cruise. Hopefully the shows and other enjoyable venues will be on it. Don't know till you try it and judge it then.

• Like 1

Well....ive been to an estimated 30 Margaritaville Cafes, Resorts, etc and some are fantastic. Some are not.  

I do not order margaritas there, but there is a market for folks who want a margarita and cheeseburger exactly as the song describes.   (I get the fried fish) 

The resorts and hotels are very well done.  

The new cruise line will face home port, ports of call, price point challenges in the SE FL market. But i think it could work! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, F27TW said:

Ummmmm …. Parrotheads are synonymous with Tacky so the scheme seems to be fitting, so, I guess, thank you lol. I’m guessing you’ve never been to a parking lot Party for a JB concert. We surround ourselves with every beachgoer /tacky tourist euphemism/song quote /slogan that you can imagine from the way we dress, create costumes, and even what we eat/drink pre concert. The marketing with the paint job and slogans are what we phlock to, they knew who they were marketing this too and while it may not be your cup of tea, This is a genius move for the Margaritaville Brand. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 11:06 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I think it looks awesome. Gives you that happy island feeling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I could never see how BPCL could make money with their super-low fares.  The Margaritaville concept is much more promising because their other products are priced at profitable levels.

If I recall the weekend costs were never low. During the week when they almost had no one on the ship they had really great offers. Only problem. Going during the week what they had planed for enjoyment, there was not enough people showing up. One cruise we took they had Family Feud or something like it. My wife and I did that. It was fun. Most prices now are not in line with most other cruise lines. I can get 3 and some 4 day cruises for what they want now for a weekend 2 day cruise. As for it being a 2 day cruise. It really is a day and a half. Most cruises for 3 and 4 day for ocean view are way under $100.00 a day pp. Plus tax and port charges of course. $40.00 for parking. Ouch. Have to pay, no were else to park. Before this cruise line started. You could park in the self parking lot really inexpensive and they had a little 3 car shuttle that would take you to the gambling ship. No longer are one day cruises are legal. Anyhow. One Margaritaville starts, we will give it a try and see if it is worth it. We are not drinkers. Hopefully they will ahve fun things do do.