How do I obtain a claim form for having seen the Dr on the ship?

Ellaleah

You have to file with your regular health insurance first.  When and if they decline to cover, then you use the princess insurance.  I'm guessing there is a link somewhere on the website.  I did it once years ago but don't remember exactly where I got the form.  

2 hours ago, Babr said:

Did you get the receipts/ bills necessary to file a claim before you left the ship? That may be harder to track down if you did not get it when you visited the medical center.

I have the bill.  Thank you all.  I will pore over the website and call if I can’t find it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nini said:

Silly me... I would have thought that if it was PVP, then you would not have to go through all of the hassle; receiving care from Princess.

tell me about it - to the tune of $ 1,200 charged to on board account ...

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

That is ridiculous! This is very disappointing, as I thought that this would make life easier. We only purchased it because their CFAR is only up to 30 days before the cruise which is also ridiculous. Otherwise, we are medically covered. Geez!

4 minutes ago, nini said:

That is ridiculous! This is very disappointing, as I thought that this would make life easier. We only purchased it because their CFAR is only up to 30 days before the cruise which is also ridiculous. Otherwise, we are medically covered. Geez!

feel confident we will get back the $ 1,200 after it goes thru 'the process' - either by medicare, our medicare supplement policy, or by AON ( PVP ) ... BUT, with purchasing the PVP, it would seem like the charges would be 'put on hold' - pending insurance resolution ...

37 minutes ago, nini said:

CFAR is for any time up until departure, if you have PVP

29 minutes ago, voljeep said:

feel confident we will get back the $ 1,200 after it goes thru 'the process' - either by medicare, our medicare supplement policy, or by AON ( PVP ) ... BUT, with purchasing the PVP, it would seem like the charges would be 'put on hold' - pending insurance resolution ...

Thanks for the info. Can you keep us updated? I hope it was not too serious and am glad that Princess was able to accommodate you as well as the OP.

1 minute ago, jwattle said:

CFAR is for any time up until departure, if you have PVP

I know. That is what I just said. That is why we purchased the PVP, BECAUSE the CFAR is only good for up to 30 days before departure and PVP will take us through the cruise.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

At least it wasn't anything real serious because the Princess plan maxes out at $10K of medical expenses. Great if one has other out of the country medical coverage. Not so good if they don't.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Silly me... I would have thought that if it was PVP, then you would not have to go through all of the hassle; receiving care from Princess.

The policy is Princess branded, but it it actually underwritten by a third party. Princess is not in the business of health care or insurance. 

You still have to file with your primary insurance, then file with the cruise line insurance when you have received your EOB.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nini said:

I know. That is what I just said. That is why we purchased the PVP, BECAUSE the CFAR is only good for up to 30 days before departure and PVP will take us through the cruise.

I read this several times and now I think I get it.  You bought the Princess Vacation Protection (PVP) because  "Book With Confidence" only gives you free Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) up to 30 days before departure.  And yes, as @jwattlesaid, PVP covers you up to departure.

Edited by Jersey42
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babr said:

The policy is Princess branded, but it it actually underwritten by a third party. Princess is not in the business of health care or insurance. 

You still have to file with your primary insurance, then file with the cruise line insurance when you have received your EOB.

This is exactly how it works for PVP as well as any other cruise line plans I am aware of.  Some third party plans will be the primary payer for medical claims so you do not have to file first with your home health insurer.  Unfortunately most cruise line and third party plans require you to pay the medical provider and the plan reimburses you after the fact.  

@Babr, I know you complete understand this, but I bet some people reading this might not.

• Thanks 1

On my last cruise in November I had a bill for a visit to the Medical Center. I too thought it would be covered by Princess as I had the Platinum Vacation Protection. I was wrong.

The charges were posted to my onboard account and I was provided with a receipt from the Medical Center which itemized the charges. I first had to submit the claim to my insurance carrier (Kaiser). I received a reimbursement check from Kaiser for all the charges except for my regular co-payment.

I then submitted the Kaiser paperwork to AON (AON.travelclaim.com) and received reimbursement for my Kaiser co-payment. I also had a follow up visit at Kaiser after I returned home and AON covered the co-payment for this visit too. So I did get reimbursed for everything but there were some hoops to jump through. 

The whole process to get reimbursed from Kaiser and AON took about 30 days. What I learned from this experience is my personal health insurance is primary and the Princess coverage is secondary.

• Like 3