Price adjustments

maxandmolly

Okay I just spent 45 minutes on hold with Carnival just to get disconnected. My cruise (Magic, May 1) um is showing almost $100 less than we paid currently on the website. In the past if you saw a lower price you could call and get the difference in OBC. Is this no longer the case?  The person in the phone tried to tell me to book again then call back which made no sense. Why would I pay a second time?  Help, I want my OBC!  How do I go about it?

1 minute ago, Nicwhite said:

If you booked with a rate that will allow price adjustments, you can submit a price protection claim form online at https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx.  Sometimes they get approved, sometimes they don't, but you can always try again if it is denied!

Oh, I didn’t book Early Saver and it says that’s the only category eligible. I booked a VIFP special rate. Darn. Thanks though!

• Like 1

Anyone know if this "cancels" the $600 OBC credit received rebooking a cancelled cruise?

I rebooked at Early Saver for Category 9B at $1,352/pp cruise rate. Last room in Category is still available, currently at $1,210/pp. Was going to put in request until I saw at bottom "and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, etc."

Update:  Got a call from a newly assigned PVP today. Said I couldn’t get the price adjustment because of the type of booking I did. BUT I did upgrade from a Deck 1 aft interior to a Lido deck interior for just $3!  So I’m calling it a win. 

• Like 5

On 2/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, BigAfts said:

Anyone know if this "cancels" the $600 OBC credit received rebooking a cancelled cruise?

I rebooked at Early Saver for Category 9B at $1,352/pp cruise rate. Last room in Category is still available, currently at $1,210/pp. Was going to put in request until I saw at bottom "and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, etc."

No but I put the obc in the notes on the form. For instance $100 obc from stock so they know it needs to stay. If it's part of the booking rate you lose the obc, but the $600 would stay, but I'd note it on the form.

The form is best. I've tried both on breeze.