The Daily for Thursday 02/10/2022

richwmn

57 minutes ago, kazu said:

No, I haven’t told Jose.  Jose doesn’t even know Miko has gone over the Rainbow Bridge.  It’s hard every time he asks how the boys are and I tell him they are fine .

The doctor said the only benefit to telling him the news on Miko would be for me.  It would cause Jose huge distress, upset him and he could forget the next day and if he remembered, he could go into a depression.

My job right now is to keep Jose as happy as I can.  So, the burden is mine to bear so that Jose can have a bit of happiness in his memory of his boys and our home.  💔 

Jacqui, the burden is not completely yours.  While you cannot tell Jose about the boys, you can share the burden with your friends and your Daily family.  I know it's not the same, but while you are sparing Jose, you are sharing with us and getting support from us.  

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, the burden is not completely yours.  While you cannot tell Jose about the boys, you can share the burden with your friends and your Daily family.  I know it's not the same, but while you are sparing Jose, you are sharing with us and getting support from us.  

Lenda

Thank you.  I am blessed with Angels here in my life and the Daily - ites. ♥️ .  I din’t mean to sound like a pity party. It’s been hard to make these decisions without talking to Jose about them but I’ve had no choice in the matter.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Whhheeeeeeee!!! I did it. Booked the Australia Grand Voyage for 2024. Something to look forward to. I have thought about two other Grand Voyages, but this falls right in timing after I leave the Humane Society Board of Directors. Hope this old lady can keep up the pace.

Susan

The first thing I plan to do when we win the lottery!   I do envy you having the cruise to look forward to.

Edited to say, Jacqui, I'm sure you are doing the best thing, not telling Jose about Miko or Marley, but you might share some memories with him about all the dogs you have loved together.  I was thinking that perhaps he might enjoy a small photograph album of memories of trips and dogs..

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thank you.  I am blessed with Angels here in my life and the Daily - ites. ♥️ .  I din’t mean to sound like a pity party. It’s been hard to make these decisions without talking to Jose about them but I’ve had no choice in the matter.  

You weren't sounding like a pity party.  We all know it's hard for you, and just wanted to remind you that you are not alone.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Well, we enjoyed the bean and artichoke dish, I cut down on the red pepper flakes in the cooking of it and DH and DD could add more after I served it.   I'm afraid I am a carnivore, so I missed some meat, and I'll let you know tomorrow if it liked me back😉!

IMG_6732.thumb.JPG.f69b3869df68b4da1823898dff56fd47.JPG

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

The first thing I plan to do when we win the lottery!   I do envy you having the cruise to look forward to.

Edited to say, Jacqui, I'm sure you are doing the best thing, not telling Jose about Miko or Marley, but you might share some memories with him about all the dogs you have loved together.  I was thinking that perhaps he might enjoy a small photograph album of memories of trips and dogs..

Thanks a great idea, Ann.

Lenda 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

you might share some memories with him about all the dogs you have loved together.  I was thinking that perhaps he might enjoy a small photograph album of memories of trips and dogs..

I take his Ipad every day Ann and show him pics.  That’s a really good idea, - now to figure out how to resize the photos for him.  Or maybe not - pretty sure I still have albums that hold full sized pics upstairs that I bought for Jose.  I will check.

thank you for a good idea ♥️ 

• Like 12

I was here earlier today and never got back to post.

i have not read all the posts but will try to do so before I go to bed.

The good news is that I now have an appointment with the orthopedics doctor for evaluation of my hand problems on Feb. 17.  This is good since I have another appointment at the Mayo that day as well. So it means only one trip.  However we have to stay two nights because the first appointment is  in the early morning and the ortho appointment is later in the afternoon.

We don’t like to drive home on I-95 late in the day,.  So we will wait until Friday morning to go home.

it works for us.

i am so grateful to get that appointment since my first communication was that the first available appointment was in April.  I started to cry,.  That is a long time to hurt.  

Anyway, this works and I am relieved that the doctor is working me into his schedule. For this I am very grateful.

I hope everyone had a good day and prayers for those who need them and cheers for those celebrating.

God bless

Terri

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I was here earlier today and never got back to post.

i have not read all the posts but will try to do so before I go to bed.

The good news is that I now have an appointment with the orthopedics doctor for evaluation of my hand problems on Feb. 17.  This is good since I have another appointment at the Mayo that day as well. So it means only one trip.  However we have to stay two nights because the first appointment is  in the early morning and the ortho appointment is later in the afternoon.

We don’t like to drive home on I-95 late in the day,.  So we will wait until Friday morning to go home.

it works for us.

i am so grateful to get that appointment since my first communication was that the first available appointment was in April.  I started to cry,.  That is a long time to hurt.  

Anyway, this works and I am relieved that the doctor is working me into his schedule. For this I am very grateful.

I hope everyone had a good day and prayers for those who need them and cheers for those celebrating.

God bless

Terri

Terri, good news about the new appointment.  Hope you get an answer and solution to the ha d pain.

Lenda

• Like 8

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20220210_121516.jpg.efa87256334f15785ee2a33f70dee0b7.jpgGood afternoon.

It is currently 41°F and sunny.

Hvar,Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia are lovely ports.

well unfortunately my trip in Summer of 2023 on NCL Breakaway is now substituting Malta for Dubrovnik - darn.

I guess I have to now go on the hunt for another cruise that does Croatia.  Meanwhile I can look it up on You tube which is a great place to wander the world.

toodles 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well unfortunately my trip in Summer of 2023 on NCL Breakaway is now substituting Malta for Dubrovnik - darn.

I guess I have to now go on the hunt for another cruise that does Croatia.  Meanwhile I can look it up on You tube which is a great place to wander the world.

toodles 

Sorry your cruise was changed.  Both are interesting places with a lot of history, but if you haven't been to Dubrovnik you definitely should find a cruise that will take you there.  Even with the crowds now, it is worth seeing.

Lenda

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!  It's a foggy, rainy morning here.  The weatherman says we'll have sun this week....but every day the forecast  says it's another day before we get it...hmm.

Just go about 45 miles east on Highway 2; sun was shining bright the past couple days in Skykomish. The blue sky contrasts well with all of the white snow and green trees. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

toodles 

Valetta Malta imo is better than Dubrovnik Croatia and has a lovely sail in.

Dubrovnik and Split in Croatia and Kotor Montenegro are must sees though.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Valetta Malta imo is better than Dubrovnik Croatia and has a lovely sail in.

Dubrovnik and Split in Croatia and Kotor Montenegro are must sees though.

Graham.

well I DO like a good sail in.  And I have heard good things about Malta. It is where Queen Elizabeth while still a princess lived with Philip and first two kids for a couple of years.  She loved Malta so I guess I can too.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I DO like a good sail in.  And I have heard good things about Malta. It is where Queen Elizabeth while still a princess lived with Philip and first two kids for a couple of years.  She loved Malta so I guess I can too.

In my post last night, I didn't mean it to sound like you shouldn't go to Malta.  We've been to both many times and like both very much.  The sail in and out in Malta is very good.  Sailing out of Dubrovnik is also scenic but not as spectacular.   Bottom line, I think you will enjoy both and there is a lot to see in Malta outside of Valleta.

In 2017 on the Prinsendam, the Hotel Director was retiring soon and this was his last time in Malta.  Aw we sailed down the channel, the port gave him a 21 gun salute.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

In my post last night, I didn't mean it to sound like you shouldn't go to Malta.  We've been to both many times and like both very much.  The sail in and out in Malta is very good.  Sailing out of Dubrovnik is also scenic but not as spectacular.   Bottom line, I think you will enjoy both and there is a lot to see in Malta outside of Valleta.

In 2017 on the Prinsendam, the Hotel Director was retiring soon and this was his last time in Malta.  Aw we sailed down the channel, the port gave him a 21 gun salute.

Lenda

oh I did not take it that way.  I think Malta will be fine and it is not until 2023.   Just have to find a cruise to get to Dubrovnik.

HAL did not really explain why they change.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

We have holidayed there and sailed in there 3 time's.

Valetta centre is about 15 minutes walk from the port.

It is the capital of Malta and really nice.

The sail in is awesome.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We have holidayed there and sailed in there 3 time's.

Valetta centre is about 15 minutes walk from the port.

It is the capital of Malta and really nice.

The sail in is awesome.

Graham.

ok ya Sold me.  I trust your opinions a lot.  Gotta given that smile you have.

I enjoy watching the BBC and get a hoot out of your Parliament and how every talks over each other.

Rather a hoot.  Hoping the queen is fine since Charlie has covid yet again.

toodles

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ok ya Sold me.  I trust your opinions a lot.  Gotta given that smile you have.

I enjoy watching the BBC and get a hoot out of your Parliament and how every talks over each other.

Rather a hoot.  Hoping the queen is fine since Charlie has covid yet again.

toodles

Thank you.

You will love Malta.

I have holidayed over 50 years in the Mediterranean region and happy to give my personal advice.

Graham.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

what is your favorite island in Greece area?

And do you like Gibralter?

Not Graham, but we’ve spent a lot of time in the Greek islands, and if I had to pick a favourite it would be Crete.  We’ve been three times for two weeks each time and can’t wait to return,   I haven’t met a Greek island I didn’t like with the possible exception of Mykonos as it is way too touristy and not like a real Greek island IMO.  The only issue is there are so many islands and they’re all different and wonderful in their own way!  A few photos of Crete.

D4EB7D75-5849-41D2-AAFE-CC6054E60DDA.jpeg

2F43227D-9D7D-4833-9269-54EE82E03FE8.jpeg

36BD1F20-012E-4268-8381-7E49D7966C5D.jpeg

EF8ED268-D943-4114-9D1B-34E723DEBC03.jpeg

C5A1D00F-5392-46F9-B744-D8A482F98994.jpeg

0218F4DB-A4AC-47DE-BA8C-7849FB690CF0.jpeg

7EF7BB5D-930A-431A-84CF-B897F50FE6F2.jpeg

7F10479D-A62A-4A74-962A-E90CD7597DAB.jpeg

33537272-D287-4CC7-A1F9-2AC2888D63B3.jpeg

D2A176A7-E0FA-4AFD-999B-DA891E049360.jpeg

A5BF88CE-4E4D-4AF0-93E3-788DBF9B4C8B.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks for the photos.

The cruise I am on does not do Crete but I hope to do Greece in 2024 on another cruise line besides NCL and do other ports.

Boy that one salad sure has a lot of tomatoes on it.     

What islands does it visit?

• Like 1