The Daily for Thursday 02/17/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

As for the hands.  I have carpal tunnel syndrome.  This is a surprise to me since I have had carpal tunnel release in both hands already.  The doc and I decided to try steroid injections in both wrists to see if relieves the pain even if only temporarily.  If not I will have to have surgery again.  At least he thinks i will be able to go on my cruise in April.  Thank you all for all your prayers.  I am eternally grateful for all your concern.

Well that is really good news because there is a course of treatment!   Let's get on with it and let you enjoy life.  I am hoping the steroid injections can help get you past the point of your cruise and then you can have surgery.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, i am late to the game today, but here I am.

As for the quote.  My younger days were things I did and went that were not always what I should have done (don’t ask), but I know now that there is no other place where I belong.  I have the best possible life I could possibly have with the best possible DH.

Random acts of kindness.  I have experienced incredible kindness on this board. More than anyone will ever know.  I will tell a story and this is not to toot my own horn.  Once when I was at the hotel at the Mayo Clinic there was a gentleman who was very upset because his wife was have gastrointestinal problems and they had to get a plane later in the day.  He needed to get to a drugstore to get Imodium or Pepto Bismol or the like.  There was no one to drive the van.  I was checking out to go home.  I offered to take him to the store before going home.  All the way to the store he told me about all his degrees and his business achievements and whatever.

When we arrived at the store he bought what he needed and then offered to buy a box of candy.  i refused and told him that instead he should do something nice for someone else.  He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language and said to me, “I never thought of that.”  So there you go.  

On another note i have never been to the port.

As for the meal, DH took me to Seasons 52 for dinner to celebrate hopefully my freedom from hand pain.

Now for my report.

The GYN report was fine.  No problems.  My one concern was quickly put to rest.

As for the hands.  I have carpal tunnel syndrome.  This is a surprise to me since I have had carpal tunnel release in both hands already.  The doc and I decided to try steroid injections in both wrists to see if relieves the pain even if only temporarily.  If not I will have to have surgery again.  At least he thinks i will be able to go on my cruise in April.  Thank you all for all your prayers.  I am eternally grateful for all your concern.

@rafinmdI hope you have a wonderful cruise.  You need it and I hope it is a restful time for you.

I will know in about a week if the injections worked.

Take care every one.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, that is good news that the doctor thinks the shots will work and you can go on your  cruise.  Steroid shots can work  miracles even for months.  Sending positive thoughts your way that this is the case.

Safe travels home tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Terri, that is good news that the doctor thinks the shots will work and you can go on your  cruise.  Steroid shots can work  miracles even for months.  Sending positive thoughts your way that this is the case.

Safe travels home tomorrow.

Lenda

Thanks so much. I am so happy to think this will save me from having surgery and we can do the cruise.  The only thing that hurts right now is the injection site.

Terri

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, dfish said:

Well that is really good news because there is a course of treatment!   Let's get on with it and let you enjoy life.  I am hoping the steroid injections can help get you past the point of your cruise and then you can have surgery.

Thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers.  I am a happy camper tonight and pray that this works, even if only temporarily.

Terri

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're glad we got to Venice several times and Bora Bora several times before they banned cruise ships.

We did the 14-Alaska cruise in 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2018 on Amsterdam, Statendam and Zaandam.  I just checked and they're doing a 14 day including Anchorage out of Vancouver in September of this year.  It's not shown for 2023 yet. 

I think the dredging in Anchorage is on going since there are a lot of cargo ships that use that port.

Lenda

May 2023 and September (I think) I'm on the May cruise!  Neiuw Amsterdam.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 3

DH says because I have to get up early I need to go to bed. I have been reading up on my condition.  Wrote down my questions.  I think I'm ready.  I just haven't had a good cry yet.  I'm waiting.  Its pouring, hope it slows down my tomorrow morning.

Sweet dreams all.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

DH says because I have to get up early I need to go to bed. I have been reading up on my condition.  Wrote down my questions.  I think I'm ready.  I just haven't had a good cry yet.  I'm waiting.  Its pouring, hope it slows down my tomorrow morning.

Sweet dreams all.

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Sweet dreams all.

Prayers for you for the best possible outcome. 

🙏

Terri

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1