Passport

Cruisingrampy

Most offices are not open to the public right now, you can get an appointment if you are within 25 business days of travel. You're probably looking at a few more weeks. I need to renew my oldest daughters' passport in the next few weeks and I'm not expecting it back for at least 6 weeks. A good friend of ours works for Passport Canada and says she has no idea when offices across Canada will be reopening fully and that right now it's taking up to 28-30 BUSINESS days to get passports renewed by mail. 

1 hour ago, Magicat said:

Passport office in Brampton is open.

That's what I've heard, that many of the offices in ON are fully open. None of the BC ones are open for walk ins, you have to have an appt and must be travelling within 25 days. I don't know why BC needs to be different 😞

48 minutes ago, Cruisingrampy said:

Kinda thinkin this war thing might slow down my passport...

I missed my afternoon coffee, and possibly as a result, I'm missing the connection between events in Ukraine and work conducted in the passport office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I missed my afternoon coffee, and possibly as a result, I'm missing the connection between events in Ukraine and work conducted in the passport office.

I just think their priorities would be issuing visas to ukarainians  rather than the passports for leisure travel

8 minutes ago, Cruisingrampy said:

I just think their priorities would be issuing visas to ukarainians  rather than the passports for leisure travel

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has ultimate responsibility for both programs, but they operate independent of one another. In fact, the passport program is operated on behalf of IRCC by Employment and Social Development Canada, with Service Canada responsible for day-to-day program delivery in passport offices and at Service Canada Centres across Canada.

Consequently, while the sad events in Ukraine will undoubtedly put a good deal of pressure on the visa program, there should be no related impact on Service Canada and the passport program.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has ultimate responsibility for both programs, but they operate independent of one another. In fact, the passport program is operated on behalf of IRCC by Employment and Social Development Canada, with Service Canada responsible for day-to-day program delivery in passport offices and at Service Canada Centres across Canada.

Consequently, while the sad events in Ukraine will undoubtedly put a good deal of pressure on the visa program, there should be no related impact on Service Canada and the passport program.

Thank goodness someone has figured out how the Federal government operates. I've often thought I should spend the time to figure it out too. But sadly I always got sidetracked by more pressing mysteries like trying to figure out how they got caramel into those caramilk bars or why 'W' is called Double 'U' when it's clearly Double 'V".

😊

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Thank goodness someone has figured out how the Federal government operates. I've often thought I should spend the time to figure it out too. But sadly I always got sidetracked by more pressing mysteries like trying to figure out how they got caramel into those caramilk bars or why 'W' is called Double 'U' when it's clearly Double 'V".

😊

It's called learning by osmosis. If you live and work in Ottawa long enough, there's no need to try figuring it out, you just know. 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Passports renewal mailed for my Granddaughter on Dec 23rd 2021.Return registered mail on Feb 3rd 2022. Her application was processed on Feb 1st as that is the issue date inside her passport. We live just north of Toronto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Passports renewal mailed for my Granddaughter on Dec 23rd 2021.Return registered mail on Feb 3rd 2022. Her application was processed on Feb 1st as that is the issue date inside her passport. We live just north of Toronto.

That's about the correct turnaround time. Forget December due to holidays. So count 20 business days from January 2. 

My wife did hers in September and only took 4 weeks. In BC she just had to make an appointment for a passport office and then was able to go in and get everything handled.