The Daily for Sunday 02/20/2022

richwmn

Today is Cherry Pie Day, Hoodie Hoo Day, and Love Your Pet Day

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.--Albert Einstein

Meal Suggestion for today - spicy tofu with pickled shiitake mushrooms
Drink of the Day - Basil Hayden Boulevardier
Wine of the Day - McPherson Shiraz, Australia
Destination of the Day - Trondheim, Norway

Ships With Passengers

Amber Cove, Dominicana, Puerto Plata

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 18:00

At Sea Pacific

Zuiderdam   Destination Puerto Quetzal, GT

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Rotterdam   07:00 - 17:00

Half Moon Cay, BS

Nieuw Amsterdam   08:00 - 15:00

San Diego, California

Koningsdam   07:00 - 16:00

Willemstad, Curacao Island, Dutch Antilles

Eurodam   08:00 - 23:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Mediterannean

Oosterdam   Destination Augusta, IT eta 2/24

Cadiz SP

Volendam   Shipyard
Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0220World.thumb.png.0227c55c29b478ba1861fe8daad2daf6.png
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 12

Good morning all and thanks for the daily report. I guess it’s only cherry pie for me today.  No pets and looked up hoodie hoo day but it sounds like a child’s holiday.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion as I’ve made chicken soup already.  Trying to use up anything that could spoil from the fridge before we travel so dinners been decided.  I love the quote, I fear that as humans become more digital basic imagination skills are being discarded.  I’m not sure I’d be able to remember how to pronounce today’s drink to order it.  The wine sounds nice. I look forward to seeing the photos of today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 28

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Hoodie Hoo!  Hoodie Hoo!  I hope that works.  I'm looking forward to spring.🙂

No cherry pie for me today,  and we love our Bertie Woofster every day.

Interesting quote.

I think I'll pass on the meal and hope the drink and wine are tasty.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of today's port, we've been to Norway but not Trondheim.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

Interesting collection of days!  I’ll celebrate cherries sans the pie and heck, if shouting Hoodie Hoo at noon scares winter away and brings spring, I’ll do it 😉 I’m ready!  My plow just finished my driveway again!

505D5151-5E64-48C2-BC65-08A7061A671E.jpeg.c197df6c72f4e5c4bdbcd77e9df82c84.jpeg

Every day is love your pet day in this house.

0F4CE66A-F8BE-45B7-BE98-4377CCF374B9.jpeg.9bb8593ad6e94af0f2fa8cc973886d6c.jpeg

Interesting quote by Einstein.  Another port we would have been to in May 😔 Oh well, maybe next year?

Yesterday I wasted an hour + trying to get to the hospital.  The flooded road I showed yesterday was of course closed and the water looked to be frozen.  No problem, I was going the other route.  Oops, not so.  The entrance was flooded and frozen and closed.  My alternate route was the same.

The only route left was the highway but I had no way of knowing what the streets were like when I got off it and this Chicken Little turned around and headed home.  It took twice the time to get to my usual spot to take the road to the hospital.  I should have turned around earlier if I hadn’t been determined.  Fortunately DH understood when I called him.

Of course our clipper came in yesterday and during the night and now, good luck seeing the ice and potholes.  What a winter this has been 😡 

D3ED080B-A8AB-4F03-B3A0-07DA9EF138EB.jpeg.fa6b4fd9d109dfbf7830c711d78fa267.jpeg

Sorry to hear that the Queen has covid 😔 Hopefully her case will be a mild one and she can recover 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory/ Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!!!

D090669B-3DF8-432D-8F93-DD75525D0C46.thumb.jpeg.ade9b4862fc54b5030436e6c8558a6fb.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your mask

190AC756-B96C-4A10-87DA-1F43DBC37D76.jpeg

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

A good selection of days.

Love your pet day is a special day every day.

Today's quote is true.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Photos welcome for today's port.

I said Prayers 🙏 for all on our care list.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220220_122117.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

Thank you for today’s Daily Rich! Love my Bindi every day! She is snoring softly beside me as I type this. A bit of a hectic early morning to fit everything in before heading to an outdoor Sunday brunch to celebrate a friend’s birthday. It is a bit cool here now, but the sun is up and the temps will follow. 

The animal series continues….. with a bit of a twist - some perfectly time Nature pictures.

746A8F36-87AE-49D3-A2D7-9B16A61F2FFF.jpeg.516460e250e66bf7f1ca5c4c0fefa6ea.jpeg

Up periscope…

8CA7C01D-8146-428F-8BC8-2FDEBF29DF84.jpeg.13be927fcc63e2dec49291fbe028f925.jpeg

D181FE7C-B8AD-4284-8C3B-25E881E7DB90.jpeg.263f74896e3040cddfee40b8efe47bb0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support.  Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Not too many reviews from critics, but consumers like this Shiraz and give it very good - excellent ratings. Several online distributors with prices for the 2018 vintage starting at $16.59.

TASTING NOTES

Deep purple in colour, with an intense aroma of dark fruits and spice, the 2018 McPherson Shiraz expresses true varietal character. With subtly integrated American Oak balanced with ripe plums and blackberries, this wine has excellent structure and length. Secondary aromas of chocolate and spice add intrigue and complexity to the wine with soft tannins creating a supple and smooth wine with impressive length.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from SW Florida. 51 right now but going up to 80.

Cherry pie is a favorite.

We loved our Boxer, Brandy, what a sweetheart. We lost her in 1992 right before we moved to Florida. 
We would love to have another dog but we are in a Condo now and not a good place for pets.
Hope everybody is well.

Thank’s for The Daily.

D29B658B-CA7A-425C-AF19-9537D67A4513.jpeg

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 35

Good morning  to all. I am a world class insomniac  and can relate to the mattress issues,multiple periods of being awake at night and the best,trying to get back in bed when the dog has usurped  my spot.

Last night Tana had a lot of difficulty  so I was up  for about an hour trying to help. I went back to bed to find that her dog as well as mine were sleeping  away on my side if the bed. I had to laugh as they looked quite comfy.

I will pass on the recipe today and like the quote.I like cherries but not the pie. It is always love your pet day here.I look forward to port pictures. 

Tonight we are having spinach lasagna which I assembled yesterday. We had our Swedish  oancakes last night which is a big job for 6 people and one special pancake pan. I tried to use my limited Swedish on the crowd but they said I sounded like the chef from the Muppets.It was great to laugh together.

Terry

• Like 32
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone. I love cherry pie and if shouting hoodie hoo would bring an end to this winter I’m in. It’s going to get very cold again this coming week.

Sam painted and framed his paintings yesterday and it turned into a very nice day.

Nothing planned today except a possible visit from our son and his son .

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

I almost forgot love your pet day. Our pets have been dogs and we’ve loved them all. First was Russel, a poodle mix with we know not what, then came Our Afghan, Queen Bathsheba  who we called Sheba, then a mutt named tippy and finally our beloved Livie, a Cavalier King Charles who we lost way too soon to heart failure. Loved all those dogs.

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 34

Drink of the day:

Basil Hayden Boulevardier

Ingredients
1 part Basil Hayden® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 3/4 part Aperol® Aperitif 3/4 part Dolin® Rouge Sweet Vermouth Orange peel
Method
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. 2. Stir until cold. 3. Strain liquid into glass and serve up or with a large ice cube. 4. Garnish with an orange peel.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 7.45.10 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Good morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Happy Sunday!

I have had seven dogs and four cats in my adult life. Each still have a portion of my heart. All had different personalities and all have been my favorite.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 29

I used to suffer from Season Attitude Disorder.  SAD, and then I found that cruising really helped in January and February.  So for the last two years, I have just been suffering from Attitude.  Didn't matter what season.  Hoodie Hoo sounded like a good thing, but I didn't understand what I was supposed to do, and so I googled it-

• The traditional way to observe Hoodie-Hoo Day is to go outside at noon (local time) and yell, “Hoodie-Hoo!” to chase Winter and make ready for Spring. It is observed annually on February 20th in the Northern Hemisphere and on August 22nd in the Southern Hemisphere.

I think its a great idea, but plan to be in the farmers market around noon.  Any day there is sun, regardless of how cold it is, I try to sit out for 10-15 minutes...getting my attitude adjusted.  It also helps if i just yell once in a while, it helps the inner soul.  I yell at DH a lot.  Mainly because he ignores me at regular sound decimals.

I found out that I have a lot of OBC on a Carnival cruise in February of next year.  Enough to cover all shore excursions, and a lot of fruity NA drinks (which I shouldn't drink) maybe I'll buy a bottle of Burberry perfume, and let DH gamble as much as he wants for one night without complaining .

I read yesterday about the cruise lines (some) getting rid of the mask mandates, not sure I want to do that, I mean if the Queen with all her protection got Covid, seems to me we peons should take all the precautions we can. 

Cherry pie?  Bring it on.  I love cherry pie.  I love cherries. Or cherry cobbler, warm from the oven, covered in melting vanilla ice cream....I need breakfast.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Drink of the day:

Basil Hayden Boulevardier

Ingredients
1 part Basil Hayden® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 3/4 part Aperol® Aperitif 3/4 part Dolin® Rouge Sweet Vermouth Orange peel
Method
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. 2. Stir until cold. 3. Strain liquid into glass and serve up or with a large ice cube. 4. Garnish with an orange peel.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 7.45.10 AM.png

Sounds good!

• Like 11

Good Sunday morning to all,

The only thing i can relate to is cherries.  Like the cherries, but not the pie.

We’ll pass on the meal and the drink.  Wine—maybe.

I have never been fortunate to have a pet—except a goldfish in a bowl when I was a child.

As an adult, I had enough on my hands without having to take care of another.  

Believe it or not, I am still playing around with the taxes a week later.  I thought I would be finished by now, but not to be.  Hopefully I can get that monkey off my back today.

Prayers for those who need them and cheers to those celebrating.  

My hands are still pain-free.

God Bless everyone.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

Terri

• Like 29

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I love cherry pie (especially served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream), will happily shout Hoodie Hoo at the top of my lungs to get winter to go away, and we love our dear Sochi every day.  We've only ever had cats at pets (one at a time), and as @Heartgrovesaid, each one has been our favourite.

It appears we may have dodged a weather bullet - right now there are weather warnings and advisories to not go out on the highways starting about 1.5 hours south of us.  I know overnight we had strong winds, as I heard the house creaking a number of times, but we didn't get the freezing rain and snow along with it.  Right now it's -22C and is supposed to go down to -34C overnight, so it's going to remain cold for a number of days again.  Hoodie Hoo, Hoodie Hoo!!!

Because of the weather, I think today is a good day just to hunker down indoors and stay both safe and warm.  DH is always busy working on his music library, so I think I'll go downstairs with my yarn, turn on the fireplace and enjoy a movie while working on kitty blankets.  

@kazuI'm sorry you weren't able to get to see Jose yesterday, but am glad you were safe and didn't venture into the water - that's just dangerous.

@Cruzin Terriso glad to hear you're still pain free; let's hope the effects are long lasting for you!

I'm not a fan of tofu, it just doesn't do anything for me, so I'll give today's menu suggestion a pass.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a large roast that I cut into quarters, one of which is thawing in the fridge right now.  I'll cut it into pieces and will make it into a small stew that I'm sure will do for our dinner with some leftovers I'm sure.  Stew, buns and a salad will be on our table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list, and we know there are many.  Stay healthy, get your boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks, be well, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 36

Good morning Daily Friends - 

My husband is the big cherry pie fan in our house - it was a favorite of both our Dads too, and when they were alive I'd always get one for holidays, just for them all to enjoy,  We don't have a pet living with us, but our granddog Dean is very close to our heart and DH and I are looking forward to helping him learn to be a good big 'furry brother' to our granddaughter once she arrives.

image.png.e18347094984ae2d056388f599c4ef77.png

Not a fan of tofu or bourbon, so today's meal and drink would not be my choice - however, the MacPherson wine?  Absolutely!  I still remember on our Zuiderdam cruise almost six years ago, the bartender in the Crow's Nest would pour me a glass the minute he saw me walk in, and started hoarding bottles from the main cellar to make sure he didn't run out.  It's a wonderful wine!

Yesterday was 'housework' day and I got a lot accomplished.  Gave DH the night off from cooking and we ended up out at a favorite place for dinner, Iron Hill Brewery.  We haven't been out to each in a long time and it was nice - this place still hasn't replaced all the tables they used to have pre-pandemic, so lots of room to space out.  

@kazuI'm sorry you didn't make it to see Jose but good that you made the decision to turn around and get back to the safety of home.  Flooded roads are not worth the risk.

@smitty34877 Terry sending prayers to you for Tana, and hopes that things improve for you all

@MISTER 67what a beautiful hound...always so lucky to have the love of a faithful four-legged, despite their lives being so much shorter than our own.

Wishing all of you a good day!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2