Only ~5-6 hours in NOLA at night

bigrednole

We got out flights. Assuming everything on time would put us at our hotel at about 7PM. There won't be too much for us to do or see, so the plan is probably Bourbon St mainly. We want to have a few drinks, a bit to eat, and go from there. Just not as much time as I had hoped. I do plan to go to Cafe De Monde Sunday morning early, but that is about all we will have time for.

Any recommendations on what to do?

There are lots of good restaurants in the Warehouse District, where your hotel is located. Search yourself, or I can give you some recommendations. French Quarter restaurants seem to be extremes: way upscale or touristy. Just FYI, there is a Cafe du Monde in the Riverwalk Marketplace, a short walk from the hotel. The lines are much shorter than the one in the Quarter, and you can sit outside (weather permitting) and watch the river traffic. And your ship.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigrednole said:

We want to have a few drinks, a bit to eat, and go from there. Just not as much time as I had hoped.

An interesting way to maybe maximize time would be to have a jazz brunch the next morning at one of the fancier French Quarter restaurants. It isn't as formal as having dinner there and it will give you more time to wander the night before without having to spend too much time at a big dinner. 

Our favorite jazz brunch is Arnaud's but most of the major ones like Brennan's, Antoine's, and Commander's Palace (a bit of a ride away in the Garden District) have them. 

Even this shouldn't prevent you from a quick beignet afterwards.  

• Like 1