Currently on the Edge in the Retreat and being told we do not have a drinks package?

FrankJ02

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can call and request one via phone prompts if you booked directly with Celebrity.  If with an agent you need your agency to request the copy for you.  

I usually get both and my agent spells it out specifying all perks you have with your booking as well as both his and Celbrity's OBC. 

As a Zenith, I try to find ways to get the cruise only fare without perks but recently finding it very difficult.

The Invoice can really be confusing but as you can see - I had both a NRD and a Military Discount.   While I shouldn't have had all the perks I received all the perks.  They do a Debit and Credit

This one I got all the Perks -

image.thumb.png.033864c33de1fcef6e20588e27e978d1.png

While on this one I didn't get a Drink Package but did get internet and Tips but no drink Package

image.thumb.png.f5e5e7ff8cb0df013e509de7976b9dd8.png

These are exactly what I receive as well and I always review while still on the phone with Celebrity, even if I plan to move it after to a TA. 

• Like 2

When you book, it usually states whether the AI is included.  Plus, being in the Retreat, it definitely shows exactly what’s included.  As others have stated, one of two things, booking was done when the Captain’s Club promos were running (I had issues during that period also).  

2nd, you booked the least expensive fare in the Retreat, but did not notice that fare did not include any promos.  If it’s the latter, then the Retreat Concierges aren’t going to be able to help.  What discount did the Retreat Concierges say you have?  They’ll call the booking agents at corporate for you.  But, the fare/booking are the ones that control your reservations and perks.

Again, find the original invoice (PDF) and see what it says.

Being in the Retreat does not automatically give you the perks.  You must choose the fare that includes those (at a more expensive fare).

Celebrity is kind of between a rock and a hard space here.  A few months ago, people were complaining they didn’t want/need the AI perks.  Celebrity gave them the “Simply Sail” rates, which were usually less expansive (although I’ve actually seen some Simply Sail rates that were higher than AI rates, recently), which didn’t include perks and allowed people to choose “a la carte” what they would or wouldn’t pay for.

Now, we’re come full circle.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can call and request one via phone prompts if you booked directly with Celebrity.

I just called and went through the prompts. For whatever reason, at the last step, it forced me to speak to an agent to get the guest copy sent, despite having booked directly with Celebrity.

But at least I now have a copy of my invoice.

• Like 2

If booked with Celebrity You can get an automated booking confirmation by calling 888 307-8413

For the OP I noticed the following T&C regarding Always Included.  

“Always Included” Pricing Packages apply to sailings booked and departing on or after November 17, 2020, excluding Galapagos cruises, in an inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass® stateroom (“Eligible Bookings”). All guests in an Eligible Booking who choose the “Always Included” pricing package will receive a Classic Beverage Package and Gratuities Included and an unlimited Basi Wi-Fi package. Eligible sailings listed at celebrity.com/.

• Thanks 1

This same thing happened to me when we booked last fall.  I noticed that the OBC didn't show up, so I called and caught it right after we booked.  Yes, it is terrible the way this whole promotion was handled.  Even if you were not aware of it, entering your CC number when booking removed those perks.  Nothing really alerted you to that, either.  You just see this "LOYALTY NRD" when booking, as if we're supposed to know what in the world that means, especially when every piece of marketing throughout the booking process leads one to believe that drinks, gratuities, wifi, and OBC are always included.

The PDF "Guest Copy" invoices no longer go out automatically when you book.  You have to go back and request it.  That's also a pain in the neck that doesn't need to exist.

I hope this works out right for you.  Celebrity really dropped the ball on this one.

That must be so frustrating; did you alert your butler or concierge?  Usually, the ship experience is 100% better than booking and speaking to Celebrity by phone.  Please return and share what happens.  Sending positive vibes your way.

OP…your invoice should look something like this either from your TA or from Celebrity.  This is an invoice from my TA for a cruise this past Fall….

Description 1
Cruise Fare $ 2007.24
Savings Discount  $ -522.30
Beverage Package Service Fee  $ 138.60
Dining Package Service Fee  $ 15.80
Tax / Fees $ 281.59
PASSENGER TOTAL  $ 1920.93

ALSO INCLUDED
280 Minutes Internet Package 
$90 USD Onboard Credit 
Premium Beverage Package 
$50 USD Shore Excursion Discount 
2 Nights Specialty Dining 

PAYMENT DETAILS
Date Payment Type Method Memo Amount
9/2/2021 Full Payment Credit Card - American Express    $ 1920.93 
TOTAL PAID $ 1920.93 

Oh no this worries me, we have booked a sky suite for June but can see no evidence of 'AI' on our invoice. We didn't book under a promo though. It says 'RETREAT' promotion applied and we have the $400 onboard credit each clearly stated on the invoice. 

• Like 1

Pre-pandemic, we were in a Sky Suite, and when we boarded one of the perks was missing (I don't recall which, but probably the beverage package).  The Michael's Club Concierge was able to straighten this out in a matter of minutes and issue new Sea Pass cards.  Obviously, if it turns out that you have a "Sail Only" fare of some kind, then they won't be able to fix this.  In our case it was some kind of glitch and easily cleared up.

Tom & Judy

15 minutes ago, FionaL91 said:

Oh no this worries me, we have booked a sky suite for June but can see no evidence of 'AI' on our invoice. We didn't book under a promo though. It says 'RETREAT' promotion applied and we have the $400 onboard credit each clearly stated on the invoice. 

Do you see separate lines on your invoice for the beverage package and then a credit for it?  Same with the other perks?  That is what is on my invoice.

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can call and request one via phone prompts if you booked directly with Celebrity.  If with an agent you need your agency to request the copy for you.  

I usually get both and my agent spells it out specifying all perks you have with your booking as well as both his and Celbrity's OBC. 

As a Zenith, I try to find ways to get the cruise only fare without perks but recently finding it very difficult.

The Invoice can really be confusing but as you can see - I had both a NRD and a Military Discount.   While I shouldn't have had all the perks I received all the perks.  They do a Debit and Credit

This one I got all the Perks -

image.thumb.png.033864c33de1fcef6e20588e27e978d1.png

My latest suite booking looks like yours also (all the debits and credits are a little confusing) and the OBC is listed further down on the invoice. Did you get the military discount at the time of your booking? I usually check for that when looking for price reductions but have been hesitate to ask for it for fear that my perks will be taken away. If I ask for the military discount, does that automatically change my booking and remove perks?

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

They send the PDF as an attachment to an email  with all reservations..it is a good thing to check and make sure you have it on every cruise...best of luck.  

I have been lucky, and have yet to have a mix up on board..but I always have it (PDF) just in case.  

I have discovered that you do not always receive the PDF copy! If you call them, you get it (before you hang up) but if you book the cruise on line (as I did a few days ago) there is NO PDF sent!  You do receive an email receipt and reservation number, along with pertinent info, but no PDF.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

My latest suite booking looks like yours also (all the debits and credits are a little confusing) and the OBC is listed further down on the invoice. Did you get the military discount at the time of your booking? I usually check for that when looking for price reductions but have been hesitate to ask for it for fear that my perks will be taken away. If I ask for the military discount, does that automatically change my booking and remove perks?

I would ask prior to having it applied.   Sometimes yes sometimes no.  

I recently got a price reduction of about 1,000 pp but lost all the perks but that was ok since I get all except tips as a Zenith benefit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

I have discovered that you do not always receive the PDF copy! If you call them, you get it (before you hang up) but if you book the cruise on line (as I did a few days ago) there is NO PDF sent!  You do receive an email receipt and reservation number, along with pertinent info, but no PDF.

That's my experience recently also.    I then transferred it to an agent so now have to ask my agent to send it to me.

• Like 1

Just got off The Edge and saw this topic.  Had booked a cruise onboard and transferred immediately to my TA.  My copy from  TA did not show Always Included.  Just called back and got a completed invoice  showing exactly what Im getting. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

My agent had it applied at time of booking.    I would definitely ask about the Military Discount as it often triggers a repricing.   With Celebrity you never can tell until you have your agent or celebrity check.

This thread prompted me to go and double check mine - I'm almost dizzy after going down the list, LOL. But apparently it's all good!

i-NcKS8Bk-L.jpg

I was initially looking at a "free" balcony cabin through the Blue Chip Club, though that came without  the perks. Once I upgraded to the suite with them, I was told it's all covered. It was worth being on hold nearly 1.5 hours (to first get to someone and then to apply various discounts). Never thought to mention military - probably just as well!!

Tom

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My agent had it applied at time of booking.    I would definitely ask about the Military Discount as it often triggers a repricing.   With Celebrity you never can tell until you have your agent or celebrity check.

Same thing when you check off Residency Status. I don't touch that anymore. 

Edited by Missymo

When we boarded the Equinox last year, I notice our $600 OBC for booking a suite did not show up on our account. I was in the Retreat lounge when this happened, and the Retreat concierge got it fixed with one call to Celebrity corporate.  That saved me from having to wait in line at customer relations on the ship.

• Like 1

We get the Military Discount on every booking and there was a time when the Military Discount would in fact not allow any other promotions, same as the Shareholder OBC  did.

In our experience that changed a number of years ago.  We currently have 11 bookings, some made  pre AI and some made in the past week, all have the military discount and OBC.  

1 hour ago, FionaL91 said:

If you have the OBC, you should have Drinks and Tips as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We get the Military Discount on every booking and there was a time when the Military Discount would in fact not allow any other promotions, same as the Shareholder OBC  did.

In our experience that changed a number of years ago.  We currently have 11 bookings, some made  pre AI and some made in the past week, all have the military discount and OBC.  

When I did a mock booking with the military discount it removed all the promotions. That is easy to do, and not clear. Celebrity need to fix that.