What Is The Name of Your Favorite Wine Maker Companies - Vineyards (Domestic or Foreign)

BklynBoy8

32 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

As one who enjoys a prolonged HH daily, my liver remains in excellent shape as compared to some of my other organs.

You never know for sure RK.  Until they take a close look with a biopsy…lol.  I told them in the OR that I had so much fun we should do it again next week!

19 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

19 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

You never know for sure RK.  Until they take a close look with a biopsy…lol.  I told them in the OR that I had so much fun we should do it again next week!

I'll pass on that fun.  The blood work that has been done 2x-3x per year always provides a good report on my liver and kidneys and mostly everything else.  

On 3/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, Lois R said:

I tried a new wine last night and it is now my new favorite Pinot Noir.........it is from California, called J from J Vineyards.  You ever try something and found it simply fantastic?.........it is soooooooo good😃

I visited my wine store this afternoon.  I remembered the brand incorrectly.  I thought it was J&J Vineyards.  They did have the Pinot Noir called J.  There is a J&J Cellars Pinot Noir, but that is not available in Ohio.  When I next visit my wine store, I will buy a bottle.  The price was reasonable, I thought.  

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I visited my wine store this afternoon.  I remembered the brand incorrectly.  I thought it was J&J Vineyards.  They did have the Pinot Noir called J.  There is a J&J Cellars Pinot Noir, but that is not available in Ohio.  When I next visit my wine store, I will buy a bottle.  The price was reasonable, I thought.  

Hi, if the bottle had 3 different vineyards on it? That is what I drank.........I actually need one right about now.........had to see a Pulmonologist today and I have a bunch of fluid around my right lung and tomorrow I have to go to the hospital so they can drain it and then test it😲

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

if the bottle had 3 different vineyards on it? That is what I drank

Did not look at the bottle closely.  I spoke with the store's owner to see if they sold the wine, she brought a bottle of the J brand for me to see, but, I didn't examine the label.  The label was black with a gold "J", if I remember correctly.  Screw top.  Florida's price will be differently than Ohio's, I am sure, but the bottle cost $24.99.  Sound close to what you enjoyed?  

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

.I actually need one right about now.........had to see a Pulmonologist today and I have a bunch of fluid around my right lung and tomorrow I have to go to the hospital so they can drain it and then test it😲

Good wishes for a test outcome that doesn't reveal a "what now" diagnosis.  

Living in Jacksonville, are your doctors connected to the Mayo Clinic branch located in your city?  

22 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Did not look at the bottle closely.  I spoke with the store's owner to see if they sold the wine, she brought a bottle of the J brand for me to see, but, I didn't examine the label.  The label was black with a gold "J", if I remember correctly.  Screw top.  Florida's price will be differently than Ohio's, I am sure, but the bottle cost $24.99.  Sound close to what you enjoyed?  

Living in Jacksonville, are your doctors connected to the Mayo Clinic branch located in your city?  

Hi, nope, not Mayo.........it is called UFHealth

As for the wine, I don't know what the bottle costs here. Haven't bought it yet. Just drank it when I was out.......

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Just drank it when I was out

That's the way we sometimes find good wines.  If you know, was the glass in which the wine was served designed for Pinot Noir?  I have been influenced by what I learned and experienced during a Riedel program aboard Celebrity Eclipse.  Never thought that a glass would impact the taste of a wine, but, it did in my experience.  I bought a small set of various Riedel glasses at a good discount by participating in the program and still use them.  

28 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

That's the way we sometimes find good wines.  If you know, was the glass in which the wine was served designed for Pinot Noir?  I have been influenced by what I learned and experienced during a Riedel program aboard Celebrity Eclipse.  Never thought that a glass would impact the taste of a wine, but, it did in my experience.  I bought a small set of various Riedel glasses at a good discount by participating in the program and still use them.  

It was served in what you drink red in.....

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for the good wishes. Had the fluid drained yesterday. There was a lot and now it is "hurry up and wait" for the results, which will probably be Tues or Wed. Then at the beginning of April I have to actually go in the hospital for surgery. 2022 is not starting out good for me.

Wine sounds good though lol

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for the good wishes. Had the fluid drained yesterday. There was a lot and now it is "hurry up and wait" for the results, which will probably be Tues or Wed. Then at the beginning of April I have to actually go in the hospital for surgery. 2022 is not starting out good for me.

Wine sounds good though lol

Waiting for test results can be maddening!  Please keep us informed if you wish to do so.  I hope that you are still able to enjoy some wine.  

On 3/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, rkacruiser said:

Waiting for test results can be maddening!  Please keep us informed if you wish to do so.  I hope that you are still able to enjoy some wine.  

Hi,  so far the results are good..........had a lot of fluid drained from my right lung---it came back benign🙂......still waiting on some others but this is definitely good news👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi,  so far the results are good..........had a lot of fluid drained from my right lung---it came back benign🙂......still waiting on some others but this is definitely good news👍

I am pleased to learn this.  Drink an extra glass of wine to celebrate the encouraging news.

15 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I am pleased to learn this.  Drink an extra glass of wine to celebrate the encouraging news.

Thanks so much😀

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Keep those good thoughts coming Lois…so far so good.  Seems like everyone I know is having something medical lately.  Please keep us posted.

10 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Keep those good thoughts coming Lois…so far so good.  Seems like everyone I know is having something medical lately.  Please keep us posted.

Good morning......thanks CGT🙂 my next big thing is 2 weeks from Friday....having a hysterectomy😦

The one thing I can say about it.......the hospital has something called a ROBOT that they use........it is supposed to be quicker and healing up is faster.

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning......thanks CGT🙂 my next big thing is 2 weeks from Friday....having a hysterectomy😦

The one thing I can say about it.......the hospital has something called a ROBOT that they use........it is supposed to be quicker and healing up is faster.

Hi Lois,

Robotic surgery is becoming the way to go…good luck with that.  I can think of a great way to recover…a nice long cruise!

• Like 1

Robatic surgery is one of the most recent medical advances that is less stressful for the patient and should allow for more rapid healing.  Forget the name of the Company that first developed such equipment; considered it for an investment, but, didn't make one.  I thought it was "too new" of a technology.  Well, that's another "train that has left the station" investment wise because the shares are now more than I want to pay.  

18 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Lois,

Robotic surgery is becoming the way to go…good luck with that.  I can think of a great way to recover…a nice long cruise!

Good morning, thanks so much🙂

On 2/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Enjoying all the Subjects we are Covering in Foodies.

Interesting all the talk about food, wine, cocktail and etc... I know when wandering thru our recent liquor store I enjoy selecting our favorite wines from our favorite companies.

Came upon me to see what Wine Makers and Vineyards are the Favorites of our Cruise Critics here.

• Brotherhood Winery, Washingtonville, New York
  • Christian Brothers located in California
  • Woodbridge
  • Robert Mondavi
  • Hess Collection
  • Beringer
  • Francis Ford Coppola

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO BklynBoy8:  Chateau Ste. Michelle is a good one.  They are from the state of Washinton.  14 Hands Winery, also from the state of Washington, is very good.  Under several brands is Charles Smith Winery.  They are very good also.  If you like wines from Italy Banfi is good.

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

White- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand): Really nice white with crisp citrus notes

Have you tried Villa Maria?  Kim Crawford is good, but, I think somewhat overpriced.  For my palate, Villa Maria is better and at a slightly better price.  

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Have you tried Villa Maria?  Kim Crawford is good, but, I think somewhat overpriced.  For my palate, Villa Maria is better and at a slightly better price.  

No I haven't tried it, thanks for the suggestion! I will check and see if I can get it in my small town  😄 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Enjoying all the Subjects we are Covering in Foodies.

Interesting all the talk about food, wine, cocktail and etc... I know when wandering thru our recent liquor store I enjoy selecting our favorite wines from our favorite companies.

Came upon me to see what Wine Makers and Vineyards are the Favorites of our Cruise Critics here.

• Brotherhood Winery, Washingtonville, New York
  • Christian Brothers located in California
  • Woodbridge
  • Robert Mondavi
  • Hess Collection
  • Beringer
  • Francis Ford Coppola

To name a few.....

Brotherhood Winery here as well