What is going on with Scenic Cruises

mvjcruise

We have a river cruise going April 11.  We are supposed to have free air included in cost of cruise. Unable to get through to Scenic and have not received tickets yet. My TA is on a cruise and cannot be reached.  I am extremely stressed about this since the clock is ticking. I called Scenic on March 12 and call was dropped. Called again that afternoon and busy signal.  Sent email to Scenic and no response. Are the April cruises really happening?

1 hour ago, UK6 said:

unfortunately this is becoming more common as hackers target companies for ransom. I read somewhere that their IT systems were hacked, although I have not confirmed this. 

Edited by PhD-iva
Blank quote

A good question from ptcgal if you excuse the pun we are in the same “boat”.
They are clearly in a mess. Hacked or something else, well run businesses have contingency plans for things like this happening, a few days of problems is understandable many weeks of shutdown is not.

Given the amount of time taken so far without any solution and the lack of proactive communication to customers, will the company be able to survive this.

Ptcgal, we are booked  on Scenic Opal starting April 11th in Basel.

im in Vancouver, BC and called the 1-866 number on their Canadian website. 

I got hold of and talked with two separate Scenic reps in the last few days as I’m concerned about getting the documents prior to flying out. We leave to Europe on April 5th and they told me at first that our docs with all info would arrive in mail 7-14 days prior. They have since promised to send everything by email. I booked our own flights so don’t have to worry about that as much. 
This is our first ever river cruise, booked in 2018 so it’s been a long time coming. We chose Scenic after our friends raved about their experience on the same cruise. I’m a bit surprised how they have not managed to get their website working but let’s hope that’s our only hick up with this trip considering what’s going on in Europe. 

Hi, Once anyone has more info. Could they please post on this thread. I am especially interested in what happens with those of you who leave in April. I am wishing you all luck. Our group (12) not travelling until September (prev postponed) but we currently have concerns besides the IT hack including the war in Ukraine. Talking to TA but she is unable to provide much info until Scenic/Emerald back up and running. We are thinking of postponing another year if allowed. Thank you.

I am booked on sister-cruiseline Emerald, sailing in July. Will post updates on this forum as they become available. 
I think you will be fine from a cruiseline perspective, however I’m not sure what effect there will be from the unspeakable war.

7 hours ago, mvjcruise said:

Update as of today.

Thanks.  I had missed the 16 March update, with the new website address.  Was able to log in there and check my reservation – all is well.

18 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I get nothing when I go to the trip personalizer website listed in the 16 March update…….

Are you trying to link from it? It didn't work for me, but if you type in the address (or copy and paste it) it does take to you the trip personalizer.

Glad the update I posted is helping some of you. Unfortunately, I made my final payment of over the phone last week, and my trip personalizer still shows my trip as locked for finalization. I was going to call on Friday, but the phone lines are down AGAIN! I have not had Scenic return any of my calls or emails since this started. Guess I will send another email and hope for the best.

Edited by mvjcruise

On 3/19/2022 at 7:23 AM, momrules said:

I can access my Trip Personalizer with Emerald Waterways by going to emeraldcruises.com.  Go to bottom of the page, on the right side look for this: For Guests & Travel Advisors
Trip Personaliser.  

Thank you for this information. I checked this morning but there is nothing of any interest in my trip personalizer. No itineraries, no excursions. Will this populate a little closer to my departure date (July 2022)?

My Danube river cruise is going out on April 11 which is 3 weeks from now.  Do not have flights confirmed and also can't get into trip Personalizer.  Says that cruise is closed for finalization. This is cutting it too close.  I will contact my TA to see if they can get a response.  Very stressful !!!!

• Like 1

is your cruise with scenic or with emerald?
My Emerald cruise is also on the Danube. Please post on cruise critic how everything goes for you. I hope your TA can resolve your issues very soon and that you have a wonderful trip. Please be sure and tell us all about it!

Edited by PhD-iva
Add

I’m also unable to get to trip details, it just says Closed for finalization. Which at first sounded good, as in they were getting our documents ready. 

I did talk to Scenic agents few times before they lost the phone lines. I was promised the “document package” well ahead of time. So far nothing. Not even an email. This is our first ever cruise of any kind and I have to say I’m not impressed at this point. We fly to Zurich on April 5th. That’s two weeks away and I’m starting to wonder if there will be a ship to go to. 
Since I booked our own flights and pre cruise hotel we will be spending four days in Basel no matter what. But that’s all I know at this point. 

Just now, Sissi67 said:

I’m also unable to get to trip details, it just says Closed for finalization. Which at first sounded good, as in they were getting our documents ready. 

I did talk to Scenic agents few times before they lost the phone lines. I was promised the “document package” well ahead of time. So far nothing. Not even an email. This is our first ever cruise of any kind and I have to say I’m not impressed at this point. We fly to Zurich on April 5th. That’s two weeks away and I’m starting to wonder if there will be a ship to go to. 
Since I booked our own flights and pre cruise hotel we will be spending four days in Basel no matter what. But that’s all I know at this point. 

Wow, that’s scary. But I do think that it will all turn out all right in the end. They know they have a cruise scheduled and people will show up at the dock or the airport. I think they will be ready! 
be sure to come back here and let us know how everything turned out for you, please enjoy!

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

I’ve cruised with Scenic at least eight times and have never received my paperwork more than three weeks before departure and usually two weeks. Okay I’m in the U.K. but it does say this in the brochure.

Thanks for the voice of experience, Canal archive.  We're scheduled for our first cruise tour with Scenic in June and have found their communication and information available on the Trip Personalizer far below communications received from ocean line and from Crystal (RIP) from our only other river cruise.  But it appears that is the norm for Scenic.