Move up offer questions

RickT

I’m familiar with the Move Up offer and have used it successfully a couple times in the past.  I’ve just received the email for my upcoming cruise and have a few questions.  In the past the ships have been sailing relatively full so that when you bid and win an upgraded cabin you accepted that cabin with no questions.  

Currently ships are sailing at 50%-75% capacity and I’m wondering if you bid and win are you then able to move from the cabin you were assigned to a different one in the same category (similar to being assigned a guarantee cabin)?  If you can move are you able to deal with Celebrity directly to get a different cabin if you booked with a TA or does the TA need to request the cabin change?

Thanks in advance for any answers.  

hmmm.... I guess the answer is maybe.

I was upgraded to an Accessible SS recently and tried to change the room and it was the only one that was available.    By the way I had to check via my Agent.    If booked with Celebrity they will work with you.   When I call the Zenith Desk they do a conference call with my agent. 

While the ship may be relatively empty they have been using the Upgrade to move as many as possible to higher cabins.   Usually when they upgrade all available rooms in that category are done at the same time.  Especially Suites have been sailing at full capacity.  You can always check once aboard for any no-shows.

My philosophy while may be jaded is,   plan for the worst cabin in the category and celebrate if you get a better one.

I think you would have the best luck with the TA.   On a July 2021 Edge cruise I booked a GTY cabin and since it was assigned on a weekend I preferred a different cabin I called the Zenith desk.  The agent refused to change the room because it was a GTY and the rules stated I got the cabin I was assigned.   I emailed my TA on Monday morning and the switch was done in 5 minutes.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I've only been on one X cruise, they keep getting canceled.  I don't remember a Move Up offer on the first cruise.  Do they email everyone?

Probably not as some TAs don't participate in Move Up.  If you don't get a email go to Manage Reservation for you cruise and scroll to the bottom and you can find a link to Move Up.  Generally Move Up doesn't start until about 30 days before sailing, however I recently got  a Move Up Email for a sailing that was 56 days away.

Minimum bids were very high and all suites were sold out. 

44 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Probably not as some TAs don't participate in Move Up.  If you don't get a email go to Manage Reservation for you cruise and scroll to the bottom and you can find a link to Move Up.  Generally Move Up doesn't start until about 30 days before sailing, however I recently got  a Move Up Email for a sailing that was 56 days away.

Minimum bids were very high and all suites were sold out. 

For the Move Up program.  So of course, I don't see it yet because my cruise is not until September.  When you say bottom, I'm not sure what you mean.  This is the bottom of my screen.  Would it be above or below where it says CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE?

image.thumb.png.233e612b984b2d0b6b3f397f72b6d772.png

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

For the Move Up program.  So of course, I don't see it yet because my cruise is not until September.  When you say bottom, I'm not sure what you mean.  This is the bottom of my screen.  Would it be above or below where it says CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE?

image.thumb.png.233e612b984b2d0b6b3f397f72b6d772.png

It is on the menu option I the upper left.   Once that list pops up, the Move Up option is near the bottom of the list. 

25 minutes ago, Reisdawg said:

It is on the menu option I the upper left.   Once that list pops up, the Move Up option is near the bottom of the list. 

Found it, thanks.  It says I should try again 21 days before my cruise.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I've only been on one X cruise, they keep getting canceled.  I don't remember a Move Up offer on the first cruise.  Do they email everyone?

They generally email those that are eligible.   Certain TA's like the Big Box store do not participate.   One of the requirements you have to log into Celebrity and opt in for Marketing and Promotions.

If you don't get an invite at about  21 - 45 days you can just go to the upgrade page and input your reservation number and name.    At least on all of mine it also shows up in manage my reservation - with or without TA.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I got the same thing yesterday for my cruise in 44 days but today got an invite to enter a bid.  

Jim, You once posted about amenties and (i forgot the other word) were different on a move-up bid. Can you point me to that or post it here  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Go to Manage Reservation

Scroll down and you will see 

1540746750_ScreenShot2022-02-24at5_12_09PM.thumb.png.a661185949c4ab17b382b9c29e85f3da.png

Thank you but this is NOT what I see.  As I mentioned, I found this through the menu.

Also I see a basic item for generic emails but I don’t see a setting for MARKETING communications???

Edited by zitsky

On 2/24/2022 at 2:26 PM, Mcfcforever said:

I have had the ability to put a move up bid in on my cruise in April. Today that's changed and now states 21 days has anyone had this before? 

I find that is the standard reply until they open the cruise for bidding.    There is a link below with an email address where you can ask questions.   They respond quickly and sent me a missing invite.

I have a B3B on Silhouette and the April 30 cruise opened up 75 days in advance,  the April 21 Opened 60 days in advance and the TA April 8 Opened up at 45 days.    No rhyme nor reason. 

To get the invite you have to select on your main cc profile that you accept Marketing and Sales promotions.     It also shows up as a banner under Manage Reservations when they open it for your cruise.  

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I find that is the standard reply until they open the cruise for bidding.    There is a link below with an email address where you can ask questions.   They respond quickly and sent me a missing invite.

I have a B3B on Silhouette and the April 30 cruise opened up 75 days in advance,  the April 21 Opened 60 days in advance and the TA April 8 Opened up at 45 days.    No rhyme nor reason. 

To get the invite you have to select on your main cc profile that you accept Marketing and Sales promotions.     It also shows up as a banner under Manage Reservations when they open it for your cruise.  

I have been able to access previously but have managed to gain access via my GF account and have also sent an email to them.

Separate issue but I cancelled my bid to change the card. In doing this my original bid (slightly above minimum) is not available now as the prices have increased. Have you ever had this happen?

4 hours ago, Mcfcforever said:

I have been able to access previously but have managed to gain access via my GF account and have also sent an email to them.

Separate issue but I cancelled my bid to change the card. In doing this my original bid (slightly above minimum) is not available now as the prices have increased. Have you ever had this happen?

I've never cancelled one so haven't seen that.   Did it go up by much?  Maybe they had lots of bids at the minimum and trying to get bids slightly higher.   I would suspect the original low  bids will be rejected if the get enough bids above the new minimum.

I have tweaked mine up before just before the final 48 hours and still didn't win those.

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've never cancelled one so haven't seen that.   Did it go up by much?  Maybe they had lots of bids at the minimum and trying to get bids slightly higher.   I would suspect the original low  bids will be rejected if the get enough bids above the new minimum.

I have tweaked mine up before just before the final 48 hours and still didn't win those.

Thank you for replying. It went up by £100 but I have decided to also bid on the SS suite (the min didn't change on this). I'm not expecting either but would be nice. 

16 hours ago, Mcfcforever said:

Thank you for replying. It went up by £100 but I have decided to also bid on the SS suite (the min didn't change on this). I'm not expecting either but would be nice. 

You never know.   We won an upgrade to a RS from AQ on the first leg of a B2B.    Somehow I missed the phone alert that we had been upgraded to the PH on the second leg.    If I recall I didn't bid very high on either.   The PH was a last minute cancellation due to Covid.     The Penthouse really spoils you.

I am thinking of placing a move up bid on my cruise which is 6 weeks away and I was wondering if best to leave the bidding till nearer the time.Just interested to hear if anyone has had a move up bid accepted as early as this or is it normally weeks or days prior to sail date.

Many thanks

5 minutes ago, Peters Wife said:

I am thinking of placing a move up bid on my cruise which is 6 weeks away and I was wondering if best to leave the bidding till nearer the time.Just interested to hear if anyone has had a move up bid accepted as early as this or is it normally weeks or days prior to sail date.

Many thanks

Personally I would get my bid in early and then tweak it if you choose later to cruise.   On another tread someone cancelled their bid and then came back to bid and found the minimum went up about $150.

I've read of many getting upgraded as early as 21 days prior to cruise.   You may get a good feel by going to the sticky and reading the bid history and when bids were received.   It's done in a Form format so pretty easy to skim.