Speciality reservations - Vista?

Muckyduckway

We've recently booked in a Veranda cabin for Vista's inaugural Panama canal cruise. On our one and only O cruise on Marina we were allowed one reservation in each of the four speciality restaurants. Our booking confirmation for Vista shows only two - one each for Polo Grill and Toscana. 

I'm aware that with a new ship there are no certainties, but does anyone have any insight?  

56 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

We've recently booked in a Veranda cabin for Vista's inaugural Panama canal cruise. On our one and only O cruise on Marina we were allowed one reservation in each of the four speciality restaurants. Our booking confirmation for Vista shows only two - one each for Polo Grill and Toscana. 

I'm aware that with a new ship there are no certainties, but does anyone have any insight?  

My Crystal Ball says they havent decided what to do yet

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...
On 3/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, Jancruz said:

My Crystal Ball says they havent decided what to do yet

Jancruz1

They should not take away things we have already.  Bad for business in the long run.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jjeffjb said:

I'm looking forward to our cruise on Vista but disappointed that there will be no La Reserve.  Our La Reserve experiences have been stellar.

My guess is they ill continue to offer the La Reserve experience -perhaps in the dining room attached to the culinary center

The Culinary Center

The Culinary Center will serve as an interactive stage for the ship’s Chef Instructors. Guests will be able to learn as well as dine at the Culinary Center Dining Room, which is good for private group dining or special food and wine pairings.

3 hours ago, basor said:

My guess is they ill continue to offer the La Reserve experience -perhaps in the dining room attached to the culinary center

The Culinary Center

The Culinary Center will serve as an interactive stage for the ship’s Chef Instructors. Guests will be able to learn as well as dine at the Culinary Center Dining Room, which is good for private group dining or special food and wine pairings.

Oh, I hope so!  We loved this experience on the Riviera in June 2022.  For some reason I thought there was La Reserve on the Vista, but now that I look at the deck plan, I see it is not there...

I've looked at the deck plans for VISTA but wasn't looking for La Reserve.  I can't believe they would remove a good money maker like this!  We remain to be educated. Our cruise is more than a year away (although pretty close to a year away) so we can wait.

Mura

18 hours ago, Mura said:

I've looked at the deck plans for VISTA but wasn't looking for La Reserve.  I can't believe they would remove a good money maker like this!  We remain to be educated. Our cruise is more than a year away (although pretty close to a year away) so we can wait.

Mura

I just looked again at the posted deck plans where next to the Aquamar Kitchen it seems to show a dining room for a dozen or so. There is a separate entrance shown. But no label, and not nearly the same size as shown for La Reserve on the Marina and Riviera deck plans.  Having dinner in La Reserve on the Marina on Christmas eve. Will ask them then. 

1 hour ago, ChadnKate said:

I just looked again at the posted deck plans where next to the Aquamar Kitchen it seems to show a dining room for a dozen or so. There is a separate entrance shown.

I believe that space IS  part of Aquamar Kitchen ??

When you click on Aquarmar Kitchen in the list  below the deck plan it highlights that area

I guess time will tell

image.png.9b746a8f42b15946fc8bc44ddec8153e.png

1 hour ago, jjeffjb said:

My understanding, from a high placed source, is that the reason there is no La Reserve on Vista has to due with the structure of the ship.  

I can't think of a reasonable response here, BUT, that's just silly. They could have put it exactly where it is on the other ships, where they're putting Aquamar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffjb said:

My understanding, from a high placed source, is that the reason there is no La Reserve on Vista has to due with the structure of the ship.  

Yes, your source was high when he told you that.

Edited by shepherd really
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CruiseLibra said:

As has been posted previously, speculation is that La Reserve will move to the Culinary Center on deck 14. The dining area is clearly noted in that space:image.png.8ed634a32680ef2628889c063ad619de.png

Have you seen the thread that CC Chris is doing a live from? Word is the Wine Pairing dinners will be in Privee. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what higher ups are saying. 

4 minutes ago, CruiseLibra said:

Perhaps this area is Privee. Privee is indicated to be on deck 14, but it isn't noted on the plan in any location. I don't see another space where it could be.

Privee is in the same location as it is on the O class ships

image.png.fefed842b4c3ccf0236b7c3cf7633d43.png

34 minutes ago, ORV said:

Word is the Wine Pairing dinners will be in Privee. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what higher ups are saying. 

I am thinking that  you can have the wine pairing dinner in Privee  as  an option 

Remember when the Marina debuted  & Privee was  some like $1000  but you could have a special menu wine included  

then it changed to  just meals from Polo & Toscana  ..alcohol extra

41 minutes ago, ORV said:

Have you seen the thread that CC Chris is doing a live from? Word is the Wine Pairing dinners will be in Privee. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what higher ups are saying. 

Is there a link to that live event?

Following this.   We just experienced La Reserve on the Riviera in June 2022.  Doesn't make sense if this is moved to Privee.  It seats 10 (?) versus the current La Reserve room of 24. Not to mention that this takes nights away booking Privee for private dinners, which I thought was the intent of this dining room. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Yes, your source was high when he told you that.

What the person from O meant by "structure of the ship" was that there was simply no space on Vista for La Reserve.  I assure you that one of the founding members of the company was not high.

4 minutes ago, jjeffjb said:

What the person from O meant by "structure of the ship" was that there was simply no space on Vista for La Reserve.  I assure you that one of the founding members of the company was not high.

There is a big difference between "we made a conscious, intentional business decision to not include space for La Reserve" and "the structure of the ship didn't allow for it".  If he said the former, fine.  If he said the latter, he was blowing smoke.  

• Like 2