Information on the Havana area on Vista Class Ships

LarryL

We are sailing on our first cruise with Carnival next February on the Panorama for a Mexican Riviera cruise. We have sailed previously with Princess and Royal Caribbean and have decided to try other cruise lines after we retire. We have booked a Havana aft cabin for this cruise and are looking for those who may have some insight to that Havana area. We are very much looking forward to the new experience. We have always loved the aft cabins and an aft pool so figured it would be a good fit for us. What did you like/dislike about that area? Thanks

We visited the Havana area when non-Havana guests were still allowed, and immediately knew we'd book a Havana cabin the next time we were able to sail on a Vista-class ship. We did, and we loved it. There was a lot more comfy seating close to the cabin instead of going to Serenity. The vibe was pretty quiet. The whirlpools/pool were a good size for the area.

I was initially worried about the noise from the Havana Bar area at night, but it wasn't a problem.

We'd definitely book a Havana cabin again. 

We booked a Havana Cabana room on the first US Vista cruise.  Although I would not book that room again, I would book a Havana Interior.  Vista pools were packed and I sat in the Havana pool area with very few people.  We were close to Ocean Plaza where we got breakfast every day while the buffet was busy.  The bar offered coffee and a few Cuban breakfast items. It was like our own little oasis.

I love having access to the Havana area. I enjoy being able to easily get a lounge chair because it is less crowded than the other pools. I like being in an area with less noise and commotion. The serenity deck on the Vista class is nice, but it doesn't have a pool, only hot tubs.  Also on sea days especially, it can be difficult to get a lounge chair on the serenity deck.

To me there is no downside to having Havana, it may be more expensive, but to me it is worth it. YMMV.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

We booked a Havana Cabana room on the first US Vista cruise.  Although I would not book that room again, I would book a Havana Interior.  Vista pools were packed and I sat in the Havana pool area with very few people.  We were close to Ocean Plaza where we got breakfast every day while the buffet was busy.  The bar offered coffee and a few Cuban breakfast items. It was like our own little oasis.

Can I ask why you didnt like the Havana Cabana? We are booked in an Interior next month. Just wondering?

We were in 5204 on the Vista.  It was just weird being on the lanai area.  You had a little fence which was cute but it was short and three cabins were cruising together and having a party all the time.  I like to sit outside with a robe or pjs drinking coffee in the morning and well no because my neighbor is right there.  The view is obstructed because you have a walkway between your gate and the glass so if you are seated on the lanai you are looking through the glass.  Also if you are changing clothes close the curtains because anyone walking by can look in your room.  I spent more time in the pool area and could get a clamshell when I wanted or deck chair.  
Horizon we did interior 5208.  Saved money and still enjoyed the area.  I just felt we didn’t utilize the Cabana area enough to pay the difference plus it was the size of a balcony room.

Will only do Havana area on Vista class!

I just disembarked the Panorama this last weekend.  It was my fist Havana interior and like others, I was concerned it would be noisy,  but not at all.  Having easy access to the Ocean plaza, the coffee spot and all the bars and restaurants on deck 5 was also a plus.  I, on the other hand was a little disappointed with Havana deck area. Ship’s Occupancy was around 80% and it was full everyday.  I thought with adults only, I wouldn’t have to deal with chair hogs and such, but that wasn’t the case.  Especially on sea days, which Panorama currently has 3, ALL the chairs and loungers were “taken” by 10 am. I was solo and just onboard to check on the ship so I had much better luck on port days of course, but I can’t imagine how bad it might be with full capacity.  To be fair, it was even worse when I checked out the serenity and the lido of course, but don’t expect the place to yourself.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:11 PM, Runaway Parent said:

We visited the Havana area when non-Havana guests were still allowed, and immediately knew we'd book a Havana cabin the next time we were able to sail on a Vista-class ship. We did, and we loved it. There was a lot more comfy seating close to the cabin instead of going to Serenity. The vibe was pretty quiet. The whirlpools/pool were a good size for the area.

I was initially worried about the noise from the Havana Bar area at night, but it wasn't a problem.

We'd definitely book a Havana cabin again. 

On 3/1/2022 at 8:46 PM, WhiteOptima said:

23 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

I have had a Havana Aft Balcony in the past.  On the Carnival Vista cabin #7458.  I loved it! Next cruise is will be on Panorama 2023. This time in a Havana Premium Vista Balcony #7450.  So excited!!! 

23 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

We had a Havana Cabana on The Vista and LOVED it. Would definitely book again.

Thanks for these answers. We did check out the variety of cabins and determined we would prefer the extended aft balcony. We love watching the wake and having quick access to the pool and hot tub area. While the cabana looks like something people would enjoy, it wasn't for us.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:30 AM, kona_wahine said:

We had a Havana cabana on the vista, loved it! Best part was always finding a seat a at the pool, not like the wild lido. Very relaxing cruise

22 hours ago, itching2cruiseagain said:

I love having access to the Havana area. I enjoy being able to easily get a lounge chair because it is less crowded than the other pools. I like being in an area with less noise and commotion. The serenity deck on the Vista class is nice, but it doesn't have a pool, only hot tubs.  Also on sea days especially, it can be difficult to get a lounge chair on the serenity deck.

To me there is no downside to having Havana, it may be more expensive, but to me it is worth it. YMMV.

14 hours ago, chefchick said:

I just disembarked the Panorama this last weekend.  It was my fist Havana interior and like others, I was concerned it would be noisy,  but not at all.  Having easy access to the Ocean plaza, the coffee spot and all the bars and restaurants on deck 5 was also a plus.  I, on the other hand was a little disappointed with Havana deck area. Ship’s Occupancy was around 80% and it was full everyday.  I thought with adults only, I wouldn’t have to deal with chair hogs and such, but that wasn’t the case.  Especially on sea days, which Panorama currently has 3, ALL the chairs and loungers were “taken” by 10 am. I was solo and just onboard to check on the ship so I had much better luck on port days of course, but I can’t imagine how bad it might be with full capacity.  To be fair, it was even worse when I checked out the serenity and the lido of course, but don’t expect the place to yourself.

I think I have only been on one cruise where chair hogs weren't an issue. On our last cruise, we only walked by the Lido pools and didn't bother trying. On most aft pools there seemed to be a smaller amount of chair hogs and they didn't seem as frequent. If it seems to be an issue, we'll spend out time in the pool/hot tub and return to our balcony which is the next floor up overlooking the pool area. 

I am looking forward to the access to the busy hub of the ship for food and entertainment. I don't see the bar below us being much of an issue as we tend to be late night people and will most likely be in that mix. 

Thanks for your input.