Balcony Gty

jmes616

I upgraded my inside gty to a balcony gty on the June 8th Carnival Legend a few days ago and now the prices dropped again. I also noticed on other websites that the price of the extended balcony rooms are less then the gty's. How does Carnival handle this? Will I be upgraded or is there still a chance I can receive a balcony with an ubstructed view? I do not like my TA, he acts like I am annoying him when I call and when I called Carnival they said I can only deal with my TA.

Thanks!

There is no gty that you will be upgraded. If you see a catagory or a specific cabin that you would like, call your TA and change it. This is what he is for. Then take his attitude into consideration for the next cruise you'd like to book.

Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

--Tybug--

10-01 Imagination

02-02 Sovereign of the Seas

10-02 Inspiration

01-03 Majesty of the Seas

04-03 Inspiration

10-03 NCL Dawn

02-04 Rhapsody of the Seas

05-04 Majesty of the Seas

10-04 Mariner of the Seas

01-05 Voyager of the Seas

Carnival is correct with telling you that as long as you have a TA they can not talk with you. (that ssaves screw ups later)

Call your travel agent and (too bad if you ARE bothering him) he is working for you--not theother way around. Tell him you are checking prices and would like to pick on of those extended balconies.

By chance did you pay the difference between the inside gaurantee or just upgraded from there?? if you upgraded from the inside that is the price you shoul dbe checking.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I am on your same cruise on June 8. We have six going, booked on March 25. Our cabin started out as an 8A GTY. Prices dropped a few weeks ago and I spoke to our TA and were upgraded to an assigned 8I (extended balcony). Prices dropped again last week and we got $100pp shipboard credit (our 4A GTY's got $25pp). The price drops have been small, not major. I notice now a significant drop but at this late point don't believe there is much leverage. I keep trying though. I am pretty happy though and am hoping for a further upgrade. Maybe to a 9A or 11. Now is the time to book for this cruise. For those who think prices only go up as you get closer, it has never happened for any cruise I've ever taken. Always down. But, I never cruise when school is out either.

jmes616, if you have any questions, you can email. My email is pgmrdev@comcast.net. As I said, we have a group of 6 on this cruise. And we are a friendly lot!!!

buoy_gif.gif Tom buoy_gif.gif

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

hula2dancers.gifhomersofa.gifhula2dancers.gif

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

</body>

</html>

We are sailing on the inspiration in August, we booked out cruise end on March, the price has now gone up. I am hoping when we are under 70 days to travel the price will start dropping so we can get a shipboard credit. I check almost everyday.

Inspiration - August 2004

Archived