Honeymoon cruise for 30 something?

I've been on a handful of Carnival cruises, and in my opinion, they were lots of fun.

My fiance has been on a few, but the ones she went one seemed to be less fun in her opinion.

We are considering other options, and Virgin appears to be a good choice.

We aren't really looking to kick back and relax too much. We are adventure seekers and enjoy spending time on things we can't normally experience.

Also, she's vegetarian, so which lines have some of the better options for her?

While Virgin would be interesting to consider, they only have one ship currently sailing out of Miami with limited itineraries, and ports of call choices would have a lot to do with different activities you could engage in.  You also would need to determine your budget as Virgin will likely be more pricey than others.  I, too, would suggest RCCL Oasis or Quantum class ships for onboard activities and entertainment, alternative and more interesting itineraries, and likely lower comparative cost.

I agree on rccl oasis class, celebrity edge class is also really nice , the oldest ship is only a few years old , if it’s in your budget I would book a suite for them they have fantastic perks everything is included. Edge class is much smaller but very classy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I agree on rccl oasis class, celebrity edge class is also really nice , the oldest ship is only a few years old , if it’s in your budget I would book a suite for them they have fantastic perks everything is included. Edge class is much smaller but very classy.

One thing that she liked on Virgin, going "RockStar" would allow you access to the sauna, steam room, etc. Is this something offered?

2 hours ago, Seanzie said:

One thing that she liked on Virgin, going "RockStar" would allow you access to the sauna, steam room, etc. Is this something offered?

Really not sure , normally with suite perks you get OBC (we have 800 OBC for next cruise which would easily pay for something like that) deluxe drink package, access to suite restaurant called Luminae, the edge class has a nice lounge plus a outdoor area with swimming pool and hot tubs just for suite quests. Also WiFi and tips are included. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 2:01 PM, Seanzie said:

From doing our own research on Virgin, if you are considering a suite, I would look into RCCL cruises. Their suites are significantly better for the price and with RCCL you can purchase a drink or specialty dining package. Virgin does include all of their specialty dining in the cost of the room however, I can only imagine what the lines look like or how difficult it could be to make a reservation in one unless you made them all on your first day. I would do a lot of research on Virgin before booking them for something as special as your honeymoon. It's been a mixed bag of reviews and personally, I would stick to RCCL or Celebrity for such a special occasion and not risk the experience to an experimental cruise line. 

• 1 month later...

We are taking a Viking River cruise in June for our honeymoon (postponed since summer 2020). We went with them because we get the benefits of traveling Europe and the benefit of cruising. Specifically, checking into our room 1 time while still visiting multiple ports/countries and enjoying the luxuries of room stewards, drink packages etc.

But…. We live in Florida so we’ve done several Royal Caribbean cruises before so going with Viking was something different than what we would normally do.